Fallout 1 mod Fallout debug issue on windows 10

Fallout1Classfan22

First time out of the vault
Hello, I was wondering if anyone can help me with an issue I’m having. I am working on a “technical mod for fallout 1”, but before I do any modding, I wanted to study how some of the functions work with the built debug.

However, after creating a batch file with additional commands I found from the fallout fandom modding wiki (https://falloutmods.fandom.com/wiki/Enabling_Debug_Mode), I boot up the batch, only ending up closing the moment I hit run. I run the regular exe, and it works just fine.

I tried a couple more tries, but no luck, so I turned to a community of older fallout players from a classic fallout discord (small discord community but really nice), and they told me to try here on no mutants allowed considering it has a massive community of fallout in players, modders, and other people in here as well.

If anyone can help me, please let me know, and thank you for your time.

Never used the debug mode. Even if you can enable it, it won't help you much anyways. What you need are knowledge of the scripting language, how the game works, and what your limitations are.

For general modding, you should check out the pinned modding guide threads. Most of the ideas behind those guides also apply to Fo1. However, the reason why there are barely any Fo1 mods is that most stuff can't be done without hacking the exe file.

Never used the debug mode. Even if you can enable it, it won't help you much anyways. What you need are knowledge of the scripting language, how the game works, and what your limitations are.

For general modding, you should check out the pinned modding guide threads. Most of the ideas behind those guides also apply to Fo1. However, the reason why there are barely any Fo1 mods is that most stuff can't be done without hacking the exe file.

which is what I’m trying to do. I’m trying to hack the exe file as of right now, and sure the debug may not be too useful, I do still need it for part of the functions, the rest on the other hand, I’m currently working on learning how to open each one.

While I’m studying the language of C, I have noticed that some commands are somewhat similar to C++, all I need to do is finish studying C, crack the exe file, and also learn how the game works. While maybe some have probably tried to crack open fallout 1, and might have either failed, or had achieved the goal, just doesn’t want to make it public, I am determined to get it done

Back