Fallout 2 mod Fallout et tu - Release v1.10

You have to adjust the paths in the mapper.cfg so it can find the mod folder ... Just download the sources from the Git Repo, it has everything setup already.

Code:
critter_dat=..\..\critter.dat
critter_patches=..\..\Fallout1in2\mods\fo1_base
master_dat=..\..\master.dat
master_patches=..\..\Fallout1in2\mods\fo1_base

Now it works fine.

Thanks Lexx and _Pyran_

Edit. I made a map with Mr. Handys, i know they can use miniguns, but they also can use flamers this will be very good.

Last edited:
Ok, I feel the need to address some things that came up on russian fora for a while. Normally I'd just ignore everything that isn't posted in this thread here, but I'm too lazy to make a new account on a board where I can't reply anyways.

So, here we go, in FAQ-style. Bear with me, because Google translated.

Launched and was horrified, for some reason they gave items at the start to the player pistols / stimulants.
Maybe play Fallout 1 for once. It's exactly the same there. In fact, I even *removed* stuff that had been added by Fixt. Whatever is still there is now behind an optional setting in the fo1_settings.ini file. If you don't like it, disable it.

interesting and there is a lot of such gag on added by Lexx?
:roll: Just read the Readme. (I'm assuming "gag" means feature here)

And AllowUnsafeScripting must be set to 2 - otherwise their hack bike can't work without it.
Wrong. It was necessary for some memzone writing/calling code. By now it's ~probably~ not necessary anymore, but not 100% sure right now.

There are many strange things in the changelogs, but nothing critical.
Would love to hear examples of "strange things". Generally I did not receive much feedback, so I never know what is "ok" and what is not, and just go by gut feeling. Unlike the Master's psykers, I can't read minds, so giving feedback is mission critical.

... their position is not clear: "we want the original, which will not repeat the original completely (we added a gag). And do not accept anyone's improvements, because we want to keep the original." those. contradicting ourselves.
I never stated that we will not accept anyone's improvements. The only thing I declined to add into the official build was to change the location circle sizes, because the circle size does not indicate the size of a location.

The tl;dr is: Big = important location, Medium = semi-important location with a quest or two, Small = Quest satellite location. This is how it's done in Fallout 2. The circle size has nothing to do with how many sub-maps or critters are placed in the location, or how big you feel said location is supposed to be.

As I understand it, there is no Russian assembly. If they did not correct the original text, then there will be no problems with the transfer of the Russian translation.
It's not possible to blindly copy&paste Fixt translation into this project. There are various small and some big changes here and there, that would result in game crashes. HOWEVER, most text can be taken over. It's just the few different lines that must be manually adapted.

The biggest change is related to the Swift Learner perk: In et tu, the bonus is correctly applied to *all* experience-messages ("You earn 100 experience." -> "You earn 105 experience." etc), even quest rewards. To make this work, I had to edit all such messages in the dialog files. It's tedious to fix, but not hard to do.
All new strings added by et tu have been marked with a # Fo1in2 tag. So just a global search for that will give you a list of all things I have added. I don't know how complete the last Fixt translations are, but it shouldn't be too hard to get this up speed.

Guess that's all for now. If anyone has any questions, don't be shy, just shoot. I will answer whatever I can once I have a free minute or two.

Last edited:
In Original Fallout 1 you also have the start items, it make sense because they send the vault dweller to find a waterchip and a vault is not same like arroyo.

I have played your mod and it dont take away the fallout flair, it is now more playable and have many good stuff.

It is a conversion of the engine to fallout 2 and is the most interesting thing because, you now can mod fallout 1 with fallout 2 engine and have all pros.

what You've said

Well,, I'm not exactly interested with russian quarrels about your mod, however I did found something strange.

I M at raiders to free Tandi. I always go a peacefull way, return Tandi to Shady Sands, and go wipe out raiders before going to junktown. This time I 'm doing semi legit playthrough. Namely I've only made use of Nirran's rapid perks this time, so that when i get a perk level, I get all possible perks. SPECIAL an skills left intact. I decided to take Garl to the ring, and I killed him. Next I give Garl's Deagle to Ian, and take back ian 10mm pistol and the rest of his 10mm JHP ammo. the thing is few dozens of seconds later the game frezes, it happens every time. ( It's not a system hang though, as i can alt+ctrl+del and safely log-out and log back in just after I log-out, so it's probably not related to 57 degrees on my GPU). Either way something is not right. It's either my rig missbehaving or v1.3 is somehow ill-tempered.

Got a savegame just before fighting with Garl, I can upload it if You're intersted.

on a side note
The fight itself is hard but not impossible. (actually i managed to succesfully kill him every single time) with varios amout of HP left. I haven't even had to use Psycho that I stole from him, so I basically did this with 20% Damage Resistance.

This further prooves that sfall setting of -1ap for HTH while using fast shot is Uber OP (especially that when later getting Bonus HTH attacks, one gets 1AP/basic fist attck, which *never* took place in vanilla Fo1). One either took fast shot *or* bonus HTH attacks, they never worked together on top of each other in vanilla, (ie. HTH attacks could *never* go below 2AP/attack).
I only have 3x bonus HTH damage from Nirrans 'Here and Now perks', which basically (when configured correctly) enable player to get all available perks on every perk level. As a cherry on the cake's icing I have to admit I haven't put a single point into unarmed. So i have like 38-40% chance to hit Garl, and he still gets wasted, simply because i attack twice as often as he does, plus the extra bonus HTH damage does the rest

Ok, but that Ian thing is not something I have changed from Fo1.

I also didn't touch this stuff from v1.2 to v1.3 as far as I am aware right now. So whatever is up must be related to something else. If you have a savegame, upload it and I'll take a look at it. However, I'm pretty sure there is nothing I can do about it, because this can't be a simple script issue.

I also don't know anything about this HTH stuff. Never played with that, and never looked at it for more than a second. Players can change the FastShotFix value in the ddraw.ini by themselves if they want to. Other than that, I do not see sense in doing balance changes to the game if you play it with other mods that clearly unbalance the game (perks every level, etc).

/Edit: I guess you mean the new Fo2 perks that are still in? With that in mind, it could indeed make sense to not have Fast Shot affect HtH attacks.

@Lexx
Well it could be a script issue, as i imported sfall-mods.int script from sfall extended, and added missing lines from sfall extended's sfall-mods.ini to the standard one. So the problem might occour when player has more than one npc in party. this might be especially true since some of sfall extended's other sfall related scripts are somewhat newer (based on the date of last editing), especially partycontrol.int AFAIR the original sfall have it edited last in dec 2019 and extended's is somwhere from 2020.

As for 'hand to hand' i only ment that the sfall's option to modify how 'fast shot' works for hand to hand (melle and unarmed) in the Fo1 version, should not differ from Fo1 Vanilla. I'm fine with Healomal's fix, however the other one works not like Fo1 Vanilla but is completely OP instead. It is because in Fo1 vanilla unarmed punch attacks could never go below 2AP/attack, fast shot just gave the -1AP a bit faster but then later on Bonus HTH attack didn't change shit, it was still 2ap/attack. in Sfall's fix One get's fast shot fix's -1AP/attack for HTH and *also* can get -1AP/attack for HTH from 'bonus HTH attacks' rendering total number of AP player has equal the number of attacks per turn. considering one has AG 10 plus 2x Action Boy it renders 12 attacks per turn for hand to hand unarmed fist attack. now that is what i call OP and unintended/ broken game mechanic. I'm sort of ok'ish with 5 or 6 attacks per turn with 2AP per attack for fist attacks, but 10 to 12 attacks per turn is pure OP.

as for the freeze issue, I'll try to test some more, because after You've enlightened Me, I'm almost certain that the freeze comes from sfall extended stuff beeing mixed into classic sfall.

EDIT:

I've fiddled with the game for a while..
1. it's probably not due to PC overheating I ran the PC for half an hour with the game loaded and nothing happened.
2. it's not sfall extended scripts stuff.. I removed it and the game freezes in the same conditions.

Basically: win the fight with garl and fuck around the raiders map for a while (It'll happen) literally i just went th the back of the building and started to check if i haven't missed any raider in terms of "transfering ownership of personal belongings" with the use of steal skill. Simply put the game just freezes.

I've uploaded a savegame this time.

Attachments

Last edited:
So what we need is a limitation that HTH attacks will never go < 2 APs. It might be possible to script this via hook script, but tbh I'm not sure how to do that right now.

I'll check the savegame in a bit.

I meant rather that this sfall feature needs to be fixed from the get go, broken .dll function should be fixed by fixing the .dll not by writing scripts to go around it. There's no point in treating syphilis with baby powder.

Simply put FastShotFix claims to set Fast Shot bonus to as it was in Fo1, but instead it changes it to something OP and not to how it was in Fo1 ( that's unintended game mechanic). so instead of fixing it by scripts, Let them sfall folks fix FastShotFix (at least the option I'm talking about) to how it was ment to work.

Namely
Fast shot fix Should not lower action point cost *if* it is already at 2AP. (ofcourse it would have to be calculated at the end for that ( after base cost +[or - actually] Bonus HTH attacks)

2AP/attack is already on the edge of being OP, but 1AP/attack Is just Hilariously OP.

EDIT#2
I specifically remember that Fo1 had 3x bonus moove perks which gave total of 6 'yellow' action points. however in my last full playthrough ( which was some v1.2) I had only 4 'yellow' action points despite having 3x 'bonus move'.. is this intended, overlooked or hardcoded differently in Fo2 the engine, and cannot be bypassed?

Last edited:
Well, I can't do any Sfall fixes, so that's out of reach for me.

I just commited a small script change that sets the minimum required APs for any attack to 2, no matter if it's melee / unarmed or something else. It's safe to assume that if 1 AP melee/unarmed was a No, then anything else being 1 AP is a no as well.

Bonus Move only giving twice 2 yellow APs is probably set in the engine of Fo2 (similar to how the Survivalist perk only gave +x% Outdoorsman skill once). That would also require a change, but again, not sure how this should be done right now.
/Edit: I have tested the Bonus Move perks and I get 6 yellow APs on perk level 3. Everything works the way it should.

/Edit: I've looked at the savegame. First thing I saw was the player is overloaded. Any other mods running? I just dropped stuff till it was ok again. Then I've beat Garl's ass. Then I took away Ian's pistol + ammo and gave him the Desert Eagle + ammo. He wields the weapon now. Once that was done I've dicked around for 6 minutes in the Khans map, but nothing happened.

I am using the Sfall version that comes with v1.3 - no other mods running except for the default stuff.

Attached my savegame after the Garl fight, etc. etc.

Attachments

Last edited:
player is not overloaded..
I'm simply using sfall's features:
CritterInvSizeLimitMode=5
CritterInvSizeLimit=2000000000

a small suggestion by NovaRain not to run out of carry weight :p I run it since forever now and haven't ever had any issues with it.

the freeze is something either script or et tu related since I've played Fallout: Last Hope for an past hour (with all the graphical tuneups in my grapic's driver settings for the game's .exe and not a single hiccup freeze or anything.

as for the raiders base.. have You tried to poke around raiders pockets after fighting Garl?
especially those two at the back of the building ( usually covered by the back wall of the main building). i stole everything from all the riders before the fight using sfall's stealcheat.int from modder's pack. all it does is guarantee succes on steal attempt.

I'll check out your save and see what happens.

the freeze is something either script or et tu related
Well, I can't reproduce it and it seems very generic. The issue could be anything, but I doubt it is script related. In any case, I can't do anything about it unless it is reliably reproduced.

And yes, I did use stealing on other raiders. Again, it would be very weird if this causes the game to freeze while Ian wields Garl's Desert Eagle. If it would freeze no matter what, ok, there could be something, but these conditions are all very vague ...

PS: In Fo1, if you have Fast Shot + Bonus HtH Attacks, you can have Super Sledge, Power Fist, Ripper with 1 AP cost .... I don't think 1AP unarmed attacks are unbalancing the game that much at this point.... I could change my script so it will only work on unarmed attacks and set them to 2 APs minimum, like it is in Fo1, but that honestly feels like just reproducing an old bug.

Last edited:
double checked your save. it causes freezes as well. Deagle is not a condition. it happens even without Ian waring Deagle. I just continously run around from raider to raider and check their inventory and boom freeze. oh one more thing your save triggers game's log outputs debug message on load 'VOODOO init' and below it 'VOODOO lookup' plus a memory adres (different each time).

and as for Fo1 having 1AP unarmed attacks... where exactly did you checked this? Fallout FIXT with Crafty's sfall1?

Because Vanilla Fallout 1 without any kind of sfall did not have 1AP attacks.

Just as a reminder Crafty's Sfall1 *also* has the FastShotFix= feature at least the relatively recent versions have this.

oh one more thing your save triggers game's log outputs debug message on load 'VOODOO init' and below it 'VOODOO lookup' plus a memory adres (different each time).

It just remembers the last state of the set debug mode. Should be gone after the next reload.

Sorry, but I can't make the game freeze. Used stealing on every single critter in the map, some multiple times, but nothing. I'd say unless you start a new, unmodded game, get to that point and still reproduce the crashes... I can't do anything about it.

About the 1AP attacks, NovaRain tested it. I don't have a savegame for that right now.

/Edit: I just booted up Fallout 1 because fuck this shit...
- Fast Shot Trait in Fo1 will *not* set -1 AP for unarmed attacks.
- Fast Shot Trait in Fo1 will set -1 AP for melee weapons (generally, all "weapons" as the description says).
- Fast Shot Trait in Fo2/ettu will set -1 AP for unarmed AND melee attacks.

So this is the issue... FastShotFix=2 should just not set -1 AP for unarmed attacks?

/Edit2: here is the historical post about the issue. Basically, you are unable to do aimed unarmed attacks in Fo1 while unarmed still costs the same AP to use. *This* is the real issue here. Either change it to unarmed getting -1 AP bonus, or unarmed gets their aimed attacks back, OR just keep it the way it is in Fo1, because Fast Shot description clearly says "you are too fast to aim" but at the same time only mentioned "weapons" .... This quickly turns into a philosophical discussion. :>

/Edit3: Uploaded a new Fast Shot "Fix" --- replicates Fo1 behavior 1:1 if FastShotFix is set to 2. It does not make it possible to use aimed unarmed attacks (just like in Fo1). This is something that needs to be addressed in Sfall directly.

Last edited:
It just remembers the last state of the set debug mode. Should be gone after the next reload.

Sorry, but I can't make the game freeze. Used stealing on every single critter in the map, some multiple times, but nothing. I'd say unless you start a new, unmodded game, get to that point and still reproduce the crashes... I can't do anything about it.

About the 1AP attacks, NovaRain tested it. I don't have a savegame for that right now.

/Edit: I just booted up Fallout 1 because fuck this shit...
- Fast Shot Trait in Fo1 will *not* set -1 AP for unarmed attacks.
- Fast Shot Trait in Fo1 will set -1 AP for melee weapons (generally, all "weapons" as the description says).
- Fast Shot Trait in Fo2/ettu will set -1 AP for unarmed AND melee attacks.

So this is the issue... FastShotFix=2 should just not set -1 AP for unarmed attacks?

/Edit2: here is the historical post about the issue. Basically, you are unable to do aimed unarmed attacks in Fo1 while unarmed still costs the same AP to use. *This* is the real issue here. Either change it to unarmed getting -1 AP bonus, or unarmed gets their aimed attacks back, OR just keep it the way it is in Fo1, because Fast Shot description clearly says "you are too fast to aim" but at the same time only mentioned "weapons" .... This quickly turns into a philosophical discussion. :>

/Edit3: Uploaded a new Fast Shot "Fix" --- replicates Fo1 behavior 1:1 if FastShotFix is set to 2. It does not make it possible to use aimed unarmed attacks (just like in Fo1). This is something that needs to be addressed in Sfall directly.

Well, seemes my natural-born talent/curse, to piss-off people, is still working.... [sigh]...

Anyways I'm glad You came to the same conlcusions I did, sfall folks will have to tackle it.

Just a smal favor.. Could You pass this bug over to them?

Also did tweaked a bit with the mods i use. Seemes fo2tweaks was also adressing door operations (open and close while running through) which might've conflicted with config option in et tu's .ini . At least now it is significantly harder to get the freeze. had to run around for several minutes in order for the game to freeze. Which made me just get to fuck out of there as quickly as possible after victory over Garl. When I'll come back it'll be just Me and Ian, which did not cause any freeze. if it's related to doors, maybe it's that new door script for wooden doors triggering something with the mods I use.. Beats me. anyways now I know that raiders map has to be dealt with quick and clean...

Also did tweaked a bit with the mods i use. Seemes fo2tweaks was also adressing door operations (open and close while running through) which might've conflicted with config option in et tu's .ini

What config option? That doors close automatically or not? This is not something that is touched by the autodoor script, but the door scripts itself (autodoor will just open it if you walk through it).

My changes to the wooden doors in v1.3 are nothing fancy, it's the same code used everywhere else.

What config option? That doors close automatically or not? This is not something that is touched by the autodoor script, but the door scripts itself (autodoor will just open it if you walk through it).

My changes to the wooden doors in v1.3 are nothing fancy, it's the same code used everywhere else.

Well I'm not sure myself exactly but whenever two separate scripts touch upon one and the same thing in a game shit happens both the 'auto closing' and 'fo2tweaks door script' touch door opertaion. The freeze still hapened but i had to run around the map like crazy this time. It's best to just leave it alone since normally nobody sane would fuck around this map for so long anyways. However with both door scripts active, the freeze just came a lot faster because the doors were opening/shutting themselves as crazy.

However with both door scripts active

I mean, if you run fo2tweaks as extra mod, it's now possible that the autodoor script from THAT mod will run at the same time as the autodoor script from ettu. This is the only thing where I can see problems happening.

Doors automatically closing is just a check that closes the door if you are x tiles away from it and I can't really imagine how that will affect the doors unless fo2tweaks uses a different autodoor script than the ones I know.

/Edit: I just checked fo2tweaks and it does indeed use a completely rewritten autodoor script. My advice is to either disable that one or delete the gl_ script from ettu. Running both at the same time is stupid. Still, the automatic door closing is not related to that and a native door function.

Last edited:
I knew et tu has autodoor script, it just enlightend me recently, that they are running both at the same time, since i just copy & paste fo2tweaks from mod to mod with general settings i use.

the only thing i didn't knew was the autodoor and auto close are a separate thing and when i disable auto-close the autodoor is still running. thanks for the tip.

I'll disable the fo2tweaks one.

I just commited a small script change that sets the minimum required APs for any attack to 2, no matter if it's melee / unarmed or something else. It's safe to assume that if 1 AP melee/unarmed was a No, then anything else being 1 AP is a no as well.

In which case Flare and Throwing skill are screwed. Flare is the reason people doing Throwing (1AP). Even 2AP for Flare is right the eff out: shit damage/AP.

Back