Fallout 2 mod Fallout et tu - Release v1.10

It's already reverted.

/Edit3: Uploaded a new Fast Shot "Fix" --- replicates Fo1 behavior 1:1 if FastShotFix is set to 2. It does not make it possible to use aimed unarmed attacks (just like in Fo1). This is something that needs to be addressed in Sfall directly.

Same limit as in Fo2. Don't ask me for the numbers, though, because I don't know.

Do you mean certain Sfall scripts or all gl_ in general?
It's part of the mod, that's why I've added it to the base folder.

There's at least few reasons why i wouldn't like using scripts/sfall/; note that i don't really follow Fallout2 modding standards as it's been proved time and time again that following them strictly only leads to problems, pointless work, and in lot of cases ends with shitty solutions.

Let's start with simple fact that some of sfall scripts are or (at some point) was modified to work properly with mod, so they wasn't exactly "sfall scripts" but more like "mod specific sfall-based scripts" which behaved slightly different. By putting them in scripts/sfall/ players might get impression that they're simply copied (by us) from modders pack and can be safely replaced, when in reality that would break parts of mod.

Unlike majority? all? of TC mods around, this one is fully open-source and setup the way that players can get their daily dose of smallest changes/tweaks/fixes every morning, if they're brave enough. Difference in scripts aside, there's a chance players might want to use fixed/changed script version if there's new sfall release. By putting our gl scripts in scripts/sfall/ we are introducing daily conflicts making it much harder to use player-provided scripts over ours. If someone wants to prioritize THEIR scripts over OURS, they should be able to simply change
Code:
GlobalScriptPaths=scripts\gl_*.int,scripts\sfall\gl*.int
to
Code:
GlobalScriptPaths=scripts\sfall\gl*.int,scripts\gl_*.int
That's one line of text over N blob files, guess which is less error-prone when running mod directly from repo directory, even with `git stash`

All in all, leaving scripts/sfall/untouched and making it player-maintained area solves enough problems to keep it that way. And that's not even fully by choice! -- everyone and their dogs tells players to install gl scripts at specific PATH ignoring fact that MOD SETTINGS can be totally different. I could argue for unhealthy amount of time that if it's configurable it's not a standard (in fact, sfall itself doesn't even mention scripts/sfall/ :P) but we've been thru discussions like that already in past, let's not do that again :]

I'd rather hear what the actual problem is, as it's honestly hard to believe you mention it only because our gl scripts happen to be in different directory. It's not technical issue (mod works perfectly fine), so it had to be something else. While i'm kinda curious what could it be, i wouldn't introduce problems mentioned above, and a few i skipped, basing on "it's a standard way" alone.

Just a heads up, the vault boy icon for the long haired appearence incorrectly displays the vanilla vault boy.

Looks like something broke in the .dat file... I had to unpack and repack it to fix the issue.

@Lexx i wanted change some armor in fallout et tu, and see that the normal combat armor dont have the combat armor perk, the other bos and combat armor mk 2 have its a bug from original fallout 1?

In Fallout 2 that normal combat armor have this perk.

Last edited:
The perk adds +20% radiation resistance. This doesn't apply to the generic combat armor, only the BoS combat armor.
In Fallout 2 it was changed to apply to all combat armor types. I kept it true to Fallout 1.

Back