Fallout 2 mod Fallout et tu - Release v1.10

sfall has no VC++ DLL dependency.
but ScanMsg probably does, as the guy claims ScanMSG tries to run Visual Studio, He probably ment VC++ library dpendancy..

For whatever reason, I'm experience a crash during battles. Doesn't happen right away. Rather, it happens at random during battles. Any reason what might caused it?

make sure you're on latest sfall version if you're running with 4.3.0 or 4.3.0.1 moove to 4.3.0.2 asap as the eariler ones had critical bugs in them.
I'm not sure which version does 1.6 standalone download come with, however I remember Lexx postponing EtTu 1.6 until 4.3.0, i have no idea if the standalone version 1.6 was updated with fixed sfall 4.3.0.2.

Come on ppl it's freaking easy to clone git repository to your own drive, You don't have to rely on periodic updates such as the standalone release. The fact that I was able to do it, pretty much means anyone could do it.

The fixed version should be in v1.6 -- we posted v1.6 a while after that updated release.

yeah so after my dumb ass finally figured out how to get git repository on my hard drive i decided to make yet another playthrough of Et Tu..
Now it turns out i have to loose time with that convince sherry out of skullz since if i decide to waste skullz by stealing Neal's urn, showing it to Vinnie, returnint it to Neal, and reporting to Lars on skullz & killing them fucking sherry still sits at the back of the crash house and is even hostile.. WTF.. now the only way to dispose of skullz is to waste time on convince sherry to testify aginst skullz quest?

I guess Locker text is still in but no locker present?!
scr00000.jpg

Some FIXT leftover text from the time spawning 9mm uzi was a thing

scr00001.jpg

Aaand.. wretched woman herself.
scr00002.jpg

I know this playthrough isn't legit but I haven't used vad's editor. Just ingame debug and a couple of mods.
However I remember one guy whining here about beeing unable to end sherry's quest while he wasted the skullz.. @Lexx tried to help the poor bastard, and this is probably the result.

Will check it out in a few months if you remember me then (or make a ticket on git). I'm currently not able to do any work for ettu.

I noticed that in the aliens random encounter their ship (which had that description about being property of USA) has been switched for the exact same looking scenery for the vent from Navarro.

The vent from Navarro *is* the graphic from Fo1. What you mean is that the description was changed in Fo2. I fixed it now.

The vent from Navarro *is* the graphic from Fo1. What you mean is that the description was changed in Fo2. I fixed it now.

So the few months period You were talking, about beeing unable to tinker aroud et tu are up?
must be some fancy calendar then :D

I dropped Last Hope mod, since I figured out it can't be completed , and may as well take another attempt at et tu. I'll try to go around the sherry problem this time.

That's a 1 line text change, copy&paste from Fo1 without me having to think about it....

I'm trying to play with the High-Res patch disabled (I actually prefer playing in the original low resolution) but I only get a blank screen as soon as the intro finishes. The game is still running, I can walk and hear audio but the screen is black. This only happens if I disable the high-res patch. Is there a way to play without it?

You need to update sfall to 4.3.0.2.

Huh? i thought @Lexx said the 1.6 release allready came with 4.3.0.2?

Anyways the guy with resolution problems might also be having modern day issues, namely no monitor & graphics card support for 640x480 resolutions. At least I heard ppl claiming that new higher-end hardware lacks support for it. I mean it's not like One couldn't install win 10 without it... and past intel gen7 there's ctually no other easy windows option anyways.

Huh? i thought @Lexx said the 1.6 release allready came with 4.3.0.2?

Anyways the guy with resolution problems might also be having modern day issues, namely no monitor & graphics card support for 640x480 resolutions. At least I heard ppl claiming that new higher-end hardware lacks support for it. I mean it's not like One couldn't install win 10 without it... and past intel gen7 there's ctually no other easy windows option anyways.

I play vanilla fallout 2 all the time without the high-res patch or sfall, so that's not the problem. I tried the suggestion to update to sfall 4.3.0.2 and it did work after I remembered to not overwrite the config file ;)

Do you really *disable* it or do you just set the resolution to original? Because I don't think the first is a good idea nowadays.

@Lexx
what are the conditions to get power armor as a reward from Mathia exactly?

I'm playiyng latest version downloaded with github-app, I've repaired PA on the 3rd level of the bunker, looted the armory ( the sneaky way) equipped PA's on my party members and no power armor as reward. loaded an save made just beofore the talk with Maxon about scouting the northwest, but after asking him questions. Later i did the quest for Talus saving his initiate and choosing PA as reward. Now full squad in PA's (dude and 3 NPCs), aproched Maxon, asked for reward, and agin Mathia doesn't give PA, only standard stuff plus magneto-laser pistol and mega-power-fist, but no PA...

Was this addon reverted/removed?

I disabled it again, because I didn't like the way it felt.
Ok, ok fine with me.. I just wasn't sure, as I couldn't find this change in a changelog anywhere, so I initially thought I fucked up something during the install, or that there is a conflict with one of the mods i'm using..

not a problem
Lexx gave, Lexx took away..
praise be the rotators.. ;D

I was captured in the military base, put into a cell and no trying to break free
Ian and Tycho are in the other cells, Ian can be rescued, but talking to Tycho creates an memory access violation and the game crashes every time

here's a save with where it's happening (Release v1.6)

Attachments

That resolved it.
Only to find out that my girl is not powerful enough to escape the military base..

Thanks Lexx, really enjoying the mod so far

Back