Fallout New Vegas keeps crashing on me.

Shaodeus

Still Mildly Glowing
I wanted to play New Vegas again this weekend, I loaded a game and it crashed. So eventually I uninstalled the game, reinstalled it again, reinstalled some mods, and it crashed again. Then I said fuck it and reinstalled it completely fresh and played it fresh, and it still crashes. I do see the main menu, in which I can select between New Game and Load, but whenever I load a game or start a new game then the game crashes,

any ideas as what might be causing this?

Do you have windows 10? Because the new update did something with the graphics drivers. Try rolling them back. It worked for me.

Do you have windows 10? Because the new update did something with the graphics drivers. Try rolling them back. It worked for me.
It did work for a while with windows 10, but I did do a update sometime before, is there any way to also update New Vegas?

Downgrade your Nvidia Drivers to 368.89 and your game should start again.
It's due to microsoft changing the wddk 2.1....

Last edited:
I wanted to play New Vegas again this weekend, I loaded a game and it crashed. So eventually I uninstalled the game, reinstalled it again, reinstalled some mods, and it crashed again. Then I said fuck it and reinstalled it completely fresh and played it fresh, and it still crashes. I do see the main menu, in which I can select between New Game and Load, but whenever I load a game or start a new game then the game crashes,

any ideas as what might be causing this?
Ok I forgot about this thread until now. Here we go for anyone with this problem.
Once again modders to the rescue :clap:. Go on nexus and get the Beta version of NVAC. It should fix this problem.
Oh nevermind, I will just link it for you and everything.
NVAC on Nexus

Oh yeah. Do not use stupid d3d9.dll "fix" files that have been spreading around, those are rubbish. If you added one of those delete them immediately.
Happy gaming :V.

EDIT: Some people don't seem to know how to download, extract and install files from the nexus sites unless it is through NMM... Well NVAC can't be installed automatically using NMM so if whoever is reading this is one of those just download the file manually and follow the install instructions you lazy fucks! :postviper:

Thanks man! NVAC is the cream!!

After testing it a few. I installed NMM and NVAC.

And not crashing the game with "FNV Stopped working" but I have random black screens with sound. Like the game is running ok but screen is blackened.

Tried this:

But didn't work either.

I am giving up with this piece of shit engine if I can't fix it soon.

Last edited:
Back