Fallout: New Vegas PC Gamer preview scans

1265541037.jpg

:smug:

Why? It's not that this is the ultimate official PR Machine who thought that this would be "cool", it's just a screenshot. Come on.

Surf Solar said:
You'd hit it?

:shock:

No.

I was just being vaguely amused. Is this really necessary? That screenshot shows something indefensibly retarded, and I can only hope it's a joke.

Also man, considering the fact-checking on that article, I'd doubt the veracity of anything they claim. Nevermind Area 51, calling Chris Avellone lead designer of Fallout 2 is, errr...

Feh. I'll read more tomorrow, it's too late for this stuff.

I don't think it's a joke. According to the article, I think that's tabitha, the leader of the muties at black mountain.

Will you guys give up on the Supermutie-with-a-wig pic? Jesus, you guys are almost as bad as a guy with severe OCD about the pic.

It's the first time I have to agree with you, OakTable. ;) It's just a screenshot. Things who look ridicolous can "emerge" into something totally different when playing the game. We shouldn't doom everything which is a bit odd, what I said in the other thread....

Do you guys have stronger arguments to bring forth than "you look like you have OCD" (hello offensive) and "it might not be as bad as it looks!" Neither is in any way a valid defense of the bewiggactled supermutant there.

IMHO, It looks like the glasses and hair were photoshopped on. Hard to tell if that's just the way Fo3 graphics work (all crappy and smudgy).

Of course, when you analyze it, there are no new models and just recoloured textures for the mutie. Sure it looks painfully ridicolous with the fake hair and the glasses on it. But I want to see it in game, with the right context the devs planned it to see before I judge it. Maybe it's just part of a devs joke or something. When I encountered it ingame and found it stupid, than I really could judge it. But for now we are only seeing a few screenshots...

I don't know what OCD is, though...

EDIT: No, I don't think it's 'chopped, really. It seems that this is really ingame.

Well, the mutant in question is clearly insane, judging from the description in the article.

Fallout has had stuff sillier than that. And isn't there a whole thing about Super Mutants start to go senile after an extended period?

Eccentric characters are fine so long as they have both a reason to be eccentric and a reason to continue to do eccentric things

Myron Rolle said:
Do you guys have stronger arguments to bring forth than "you look like you have OCD" (hello offensive) and "it might not be as bad as it looks!" Neither is in any way a valid defense of the bewiggactled supermutant there.

Yeah, how about - Fallout has always been part comedy. This is obviously an attempt at comedy.

Now, whether this is good or bad comedy remains to be seen within the context of the game.

But I highly doubt you're gonna see an army of femutants running around with that get-up on.

bhlaab said:
Eccentric characters are fine so long as they have both a reason to be eccentric and a reason to continue to do eccentric things

Exactly. It'll all depend on how Obsidian set it up. Out of context it looks simply ridiculous. It'll probably remain silly in-game, but perhaps not mind-numbingly retarded. HAROLD's plant "companion" was pretty out there too.

I myself am just happy that we're actually getting an Obsidian directed sequel/expansion. It's a compromise (the FO3 engine/art direction), but it's pretty much the closest thing to an official spiritual continuation of the originals we could have realistically hoped for.

Probably its just me (stupid one) but with all those news they threw around today I think that it will gonna be a total different experience than fallout 3. Only bye reading the article it seems for me that New Vegas will be different. Of course, there are the graphics... But - those aren't that important for me. If you read the article there are so many things which reminded me of the good old days, so many memories came instantly to my mind. Also, just bye judging a few screenshots, I now a clear picture of the vegas setting in my mind. I always wanted to walk around that special area in america, now my dreams went real. I'm a bit hyped now and I can't wait to see what is coming to us in the future. But please do not judge every single screenshot as serious business, do not tear everything apart....

Myron Rolle said:
Well, it is a funny image, and that is obviously the intention. I can't wait to hear the dialog on the super-mutant radio station.

Back