Fallout: New York

Seasick

First time out of the vault
Setting

The game takes places in New York, with New York City as one of it's Largest Focuses and one of the most sought after pieces of land. The State itself is ravaged with mutated plant and wildlife, Murderous Gangs, and Several Vaults, many unopened, scattered throughout.

The Land itself ranges from Urban areas to farms. You could be in a farm one minute then see a large area of houses and stores on the horizon.

Though NYC is just about the largest Battleground between the largest powers, Canisteo River Valley has seen much better days. But, then again, couldn't that be applied to anything in Fallout ;)?

You!

You play The Refugee, a young Man and/or Woman who is the Survivor of a massive Fire. Where were you? You don't know. You were only a Baby! All you gotta know is your Folks are 6 feet under and you're being raised by a Squad of Elderly War Veterans in Power Armor who came from down South in Vertibirds. They came to your rescue just in time to put out the fire and take you into custody, though you slowly prove yourself to them through Obstacle Courses, choosing Stats and Traits along the way, but one day, they kick you out of their underground shelter (Not a Vault), branding you a traitor. The only thing keeping them from gunning you down on the spot is that someone pulled some strings. So out into the world you go, with some clothes, food, water, and a gun with not much ammo. If you last more than a couple of Days, You must've already been a mutant!

Story!

Not long after you pop out from that shelter, you find there certainly is alot of conflict going on. A great number of Chinese ships are docking, and Chinese Soldiers are carrying out attacks on certain towns, united under no banner. Fighting this massive Army are a group known as 'The United Resistance' made up both Humans and Ghouls, fighting as hard as they can to push the Chinese Back. Both do whatever is needed to achieve their goals.

Primary Factions

The Chinese Army- They are trained by the best. They are trained to kill the best. They are beaten regularly, they've gone through extensive training. They can be your friends, your Business Partners, even your Brothers in Arms, but you better pray they aren't your Enemy. They use high-tech guns, Military-Grade Vehicles, and use a variety of tactics, including Night-Raids, Biological Warfare, and Faking Retreating just to circle around the enemy.

The United Resistance- Honorable, Noble, Kind, Caring, Brutal, Merciless, Self-Righteous. The United Resistance has decided that China has no place claiming an entire state. They tried peace, but now that they are at war, will they fare well against a force like China?

Minor Factions

Pilgrims- A society of travelers who claim to be from Canada. They are humble, an air of relief about them. They seem to find American Wasteland life easy. How much worse could Canada be? Are they really worse off? They seem to think so, but you can't see for yourself. Their towns tend to be smaller with One or Two guards stationed at entrances, though they seem to be able to handle anything the Wasteland throws at them, while keeping out of the Wars around them.

Chinese Task Force- While the regular Army carries out rather brutal tasks, The Task Force is like the Spy department. Rumor has it they have people all over the world, and with their performance, most wouldn't be surprised. The Task Force doesn't have a specific uniform, and usually stay in well-hidden locations such as caves or camps on high ground. They are all, despite their appearance, highly skilled with all weapons from their bare fists to bombs. They also are not all Chinese, so anyone you come across could secretly be part of the Task Force.

The Society of Gathered Intelligence and Foreign Affairs- The Resistance's version of the Chinese Task Force. They tend to be more brutal and less secretive. They have a very discreet dress code, and do not shy away from stationing nearby towns, though where they lack in secrecy, they make up for in Assassination, Stealth, and excellent knowledge with pistols and knives.

The Remnants- Those who raised you. They dwell inside an underground shelter on New York's Southern Border. The only way in is a disk that is carried by someone in the Wastes, who is responsible for bringing supplies back.

Those of The West- Only Three people are in this Faction. Who are they? Who knows. What people do know is that they're nomadic and heavily armed. They have strange gear not seen in the east, with glowing red eye pieces.

Music

There are 4 main stations in New York.

The People's Channel of Reports and Encouragement.

The only Chinese Station. It's all in Chinese, with actual events in the game being reported on. Occasionally the Chinese National Anthem will play (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyHVsFdxGRU) But will skip out at parts and it will have static softly playing in the background. The hosts are two enthusiastic Young Adults, one Male and One Female who go by 'Ren and Kiki'. They bicker with each other constantly in Chinese, and though many won't understand what they're saying unless they speak Chinese, they're still enjoyable to listen to.

New York State Reports & Tunes. (Short: NY Radio)

The American version of the People's Channel, but with more music. Over the course of the game, more songs will be available to play. As a matter of fact, there would be a quest where you're sent to get Five new Records and you'd get to choose which ones to take. DLC would also add new songs. The host of this Radio is 'Blackhawk', a quirky, potty-mouthed 18 year old Boy who criticizes everyone but himself. Remind anyone of a certain character in a certain 1951 classic by J. D. Salinger?

NYC Radio

Run by 'Yankee Doodle', a grizzled Soldier, half of the Radio is the US Anthem, and the other half is reports on Conflict. Yankee is in his 50's with a gruff voice.

Translation Signal code 35608

A simple English translation of the Chinese Radio, read by a robot.

---

Phew! I spent some time on this...What do you guys think?

Courier said:
Why would the Chinese be in New York? :?

Basically, the idea I came up with is that whoever is in charge over there wanted more land, starting with clearing out America to build room for his/her Utopian Earth. Might sound Stupid, but if that doesn't work:

Idea 2: Finishing the War

Idea 3: Revealed in a DLC of sorts.

I admit, I could've thought that part through more.

The Dutch Ghost said:
Guess I should never call my idea Fallout New Texas ;)
(truth be told, I still have no real name for it)

Hmmm...Texas, eh?

Fallout: Brotherhood of steel? :wiggle:

There should be a faction of guido dhouls on Staten Island

OT I love Where I live, But I hate hoe often we are in Disaster/Apocalyptic stuff. More apocalyptic things like fallout should take in the Appalachian mountains

Sabirah said:
There should be a faction of guido dhouls on Staten Island

OT I love Where I live, But I hate hoe often we are in Disaster/Apocalyptic stuff. More apocalyptic things like fallout should take in the Appalachian mountains

What can I say? People love to see The Statue of Liberty get blown up or fall apart. Plus, with NYC being to most popular city in the US, it's iconic. Just like DC is the home to many big landmarks and the US Government, so it was also iconic.

I think the biggest part of Fallout is seeing an area that was so powerful be in ruins, or populated by mutants...but that might just be me.

Just like DC is the home to many big landmarks and the US Government, so it was also iconic.

When I think of the Fallout 3 setting, 'iconic' isn't the first adjective that springs to mind...

Yoshi525 said:
Just like DC is the home to many big landmarks and the US Government, so it was also iconic.

When I think of the Fallout 3 setting, 'iconic' isn't the first adjective that springs to mind...

Well I certainly thought it was ;)

Joelzania said:
Fallout: Brotherhood of steel? :wiggle:

Nope, have to disappoint you there.
Though I have considered continuing on a couple of plot points I liked in that game.

For the rest its completely different.

Back