Fallout: Nuevo México - Official Gameplay Trailer Part: 1

The_Proletarian

Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!
Staff member
Admin

Welcome to the Land of Enchantment. The year is 2166 - 5 years after the events of "Fallout: A Post Nuclear Role-Playing Game." Every choice made will revolutionize the future for better or worse. Built on the Fallout: New Vegas engine, this free full-on RPG based Modification brings you a brand-new Fallout experience.

Watch the trailer and give us your thoughts! I gave my impression here.

Seems to be using bits of Van Buren and adding more on to of it. Looks pretty darn good so far.

Go to admit that the video opening with rapists was a pretty bold move, really shows they're not afraid of showing dark themes. A good sign imo, so long as it's not all edge with no point.

Speaking of themes, it seems like all the social encounters they're displaying in the video are all about various desires/hungers. Drug addiction, lust, food, shelter, water, and reproduction. Even freedom with the prison break.

You know while watching this showcase, I hope the frame rate isn't as bad as it looks in this video. Because my gosh that's gonna be a nightmare if so!

:look:

Okay so something interesting happened to me yesterday, on Instagram I made a meme about something that the Old-Town Mayor said during the gameplay showcase, here's the post/meme:

IMG_20230813_012221.jpg

Now in that post I was asking what that particular word (Jexx) even means, because I've never seen it before. And lo & behold, the official Instagram Account for this mod responded with this in the comment section:
Lumii_20230813_231912347.jpg

But what I really want to bring attention to right now, is this reply to someone else who tried to answer my question under the same post:
img_1691986770781.jpg

So the reason why I bring to attention to any of this, it's because this mod, this team, is actually staying true to the ORIGINAL SOURCE MATERIAL! You see "Nuevo Mexico" takes place in 2166, and Jet wasn't invented by Myron until 2241, so they're following what was previously established in the lore of the older games which is Jet being a Post-War drug, instead of the controversial retcon that Bethesda made in Fallout 4 of Jet being a Pre-War Drug. Kudos to them for choosing to ignore that BTW!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :ok:

So yeah that's all, I just thought it was interesting to share on here with you guys.

:-)

Some bethtard is gonna send him a death threat over this. "Myron was LYING the LORE is PERFECT the BOS taught them how to make jet over the radio!"

I would like to do an interview article first with the people who are working on the Fallout 1 in Fallout 4 TC, but after that I could try to get in touch with the developers of this project and ask if they would be interested in doing an interview about themselves and tell about the game in an article.

Back