Fallout Pen and Paper rules

Thanks for the heads up Thorgrimm. Like those robot ones. Mr. Handy and the Deathclaw look really good.

welsh said:
Thanks for the heads up Thorgrimm. Like those robot ones. Mr. Handy and the Deathclaw look really good.

NP Welsh, Always willing to share any Fallout goodies I come across. :D

Cheers, Thorgrimm

Questions about Jason Micals PnP 2.0

Well, it's been a long time since the last post here but maybe someone can answer my questions anyway:

1. I'm a little confused about the ghoul race's RAD resistance. In the 2.0 rulebook it says that they have a 80% resistance which is pretty low for a race that enjoys living in old nuclear powerplants (in Matthew Standly's adittions it's even lowered to 60%!)
I mean I don't really get it. Shouldn't it be either 100% (since they don't get any negative radiation effects) or 0% (because I don't think their body is fighting against the rads that enter him, after all rads are good for ghouls). But if ghouls have 60% or 80% it means they CAN get hurt by the rads so how can they be good for them? How can ghouls feel better in a powerplant if rads hurt them? And wouldn't glowing ones hurt themselves?

2. Is there some kind of good alternative way to calculate the damage without having to calculate the damage resistance % all the time? They are the only part that really annoys me about the system, but I don't want to just skip them either since that would unbalance the the weapon - armor balance.

Hope someone can help me.

Simple: The Rad Resistance for a ghoul should work differently. I use a house rule for ghouls; The rad resistance for a ghoul modifies their healing rate instead of damaging them. A ghoul would want as low a Rad resistance as Possible... Ground Zero Radiation (1000 Rads/Min) at a Rad Resist of 0 would heal approzimately 1000 hit points after 12 hours of exposure. Unfortunately, though, I also incorporate Feral Ghouls into the mix, and Radiation makes them crazy. If you're a ghoul and you're hanging out at the glow... you're nuts (or will be soon)

I was interested in the idea of PnP roleplaying, and after some thoughts I decided to go for GURPS rather than SPECIAL. I dunno, it just seemed less complex yet quite flexible.

gurps.fallout.free.fr

The site's in French, but the actual documents are in English. Unluckily it utilises some stuff from Tactics (and possibly 3), making it not very respectful to canon. When it comes to weapons, that's a complete blow. All the author did was copy-paste the original and add some actual Fallout weapons (not even all of them).

Other than that, great source. Just add your own imagination, modify the documents, add in new factions, some weapons, settlements and backstory and you're done.

A character sheet I made:

Name: Character
Race: Human
Height: 0
Weight: 0 lb.
Eyes: Color
Hair: Length, Style, Color
Skin: Color
Appearance:

......t..+/-...b.....r m/m
ST: 0,,,,0,,,,0,,,,,0/0
PE: 0,,,,0,,,,0,,,,,0/0
EN: 0,,,,0,,,,0,,,,,0/0
CH: 0,,,,0,,,,0,,,,,0/0
IN: 0,,,,0,,,,0,,,,,0/0
AG: 0,,,,0,,,,0,,,,,0/0
LK: 0,,,,0,,,,0,,,,,0/0

Level: 0; Karma: 0; HP/Lvl: 0; XP: 0; Carry Weight: 0
Wounds:

HP: 0/0; AC: 0; +/-: 0; Base AC: 0; Armor: None

...............dt/dr...+/-....b
Normal:,,,,0/0,,,,,0,,,,,,0
Laser:,,,,,,0/0,,,,,0,,,,,,0
Fire:,,,,,,,,,0/0,,,,,0,,,,,,0
Plasma:,,,,0/0,,,,,0,,,,,,0
Explode:,,,0/0,,,,,0,,,,,,0

Poison Res: 0; Rad Res: 0; Gas Res: 0/0; Electricity Res: 0; Healing Rate: 0

SKILLS-(Skill:............Total....+/-....Base)
Small Guns:,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,0,,,,,,,,0,,,,,,,,0
Big Guns:,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,0,,,,,,,,0,,,,,,,,0
Energy Weapons:,,,,,,,,0,,,,,,,,0,,,,,,,,0
Unarmed:,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,0,,,,,,,,0,,,,,,,,0
Melee Weapons:,,,,,,,,,,0,,,,,,,,0,,,,,,,,0
Throwing:,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,0,,,,,,,,0,,,,,,,,0
First Aid:,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,0,,,,,,,,0,,,,,,,,0
Doctor:,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,0,,,,,,,,0,,,,,,,,0
Sneak:,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,0,,,,,,,,0,,,,,,,,0
Lockpick:,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,0,,,,,,,,0,,,,,,,,0
Steal:,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,0,,,,,,,,0,,,,,,,,0
Traps:,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,0,,,,,,,,0,,,,,,,,0
Science:,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,0,,,,,,,,0,,,,,,,,0
Repair:,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,0,,,,,,,,0,,,,,,,,0
Pilot:,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,0,,,,,,,,0,,,,,,,,0
Speech:,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,0,,,,,,,,0,,,,,,,,0
Barter:,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,0,,,,,,,,0,,,,,,,,0
Gambling:,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,0,,,,,,,,0,,,,,,,,0
Outdoorsman:,,,,,,,,,,,,,0,,,,,,,,0,,,,,,,,0

AP: 0; Seq: 0; Melee: 0; Crit: 0; Armor Con: [][][][][][][][][][]; Helmet Con: [][][][][][][][][][]; PE Range Mod: 0

Left Hand Weapon- Name: Weapon; Rng: 0; Dmg: 0d0; APs(Single, Target, Burst): 0/0/0; Ammo: Ammo; Ammo Dmg: 0d0; Rounds: 0/0; +/-: 0; Condition: [][][][][][][][][][]
Right Hand Weapon- Name: Weapon; Rng: 0; Dmg: 0d0; APs(Single, Target, Burst): 0/0/0; Ammo: Ammo; Ammo Dmg: 0d0; Rounds: 0/0; +/-: 0; Condition: [][][][][][][][][][]
Ammo Types: Ammo(0); Ammo(0)

TRAIT/PERK..........................EFFECT
Trait,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Does something
Perk,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Also does something

EQUIPMENT.........................WEIGHT.....................LOCATION..........................VALUE
Item,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,0,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Back,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,0

Background:

Notes:

A vehicle sheet I made:

VEHICLE-
Name: Vehicle
Carry Weight: 0
Damage Threshold: 0

Top Speed: 0; Acceleration Rate: 0; Breaking Rate: 0; Turning Radius: 0; Driving Range: 0; Charges: 0/0; Number of Passengers: 0; DR(N/L/F/P/E): 0/0/0/0/0

Structure HP: 0/0; Engine HP: 0/0; Controls HP: 0/0; Drive System HP: 0/0; Tire/Tread HP: 0/0 x0

Vehicle Weapon 1- Name: Weapon; Rng: 0; Dmg: 0d0; APs(Single, Target, Burst): 0/0/0; Ammo: Ammo; Ammo Dmg: 0d0; Rounds: 0/0; +/-: 0; Condition: [][][][][][][][][][]
Vehicle Weapon 2- Name: Weapon; Rng: 0; Dmg: 0d0; APs(Single, Target, Burst): 0/0/0; Ammo: Ammo; Ammo Dmg: 0d0; Rounds: 0/0; +/-: 0; Condition: [][][][][][][][][][]

Notes:

https://mega.nz/folder/d7J1UKDL#ojBPEnsa2QCpak5DdGFEWA

I'm planning on using a ruleset called Fallout Faster. It's really lite, but apart from perks (a bestiary would have been appreciated as well), it has everything you'd want from a Fallout rpg; radiation, different character origins, skills, Fallout gear (with nifty equipment cards too, definitely making those).

Edit: Another highlight is that each armour has different values depending on type of damage, from standard bullets, lasers, plasma, explosives and incendiary.

Last edited:
Back