Fallout Sonora - v.1.0 released in Russian

I've been eagerly awaiting for this mod update. Take your time, and thank you so much for your hard work.

Do you have any bones to throw to people generally unwilling to divulge personal information for video game mods?

Can You elaborate on what do you mean by saying "giving out personal data" by regisering on discord?!

back in the day when I registered it required the standard first name last name and email. Did it changed much since then?

As to let you know, I don't treat online accounts such as discord seriously a.k.a my full true name ain't "Gus Tarballs", though when i input it coupled with my email, sites usually don't complain and take it for granted. Actually discord recently encourages me to input my phone number to supplenment my personal data, but i greet that window with middle finger (that is by clicking on "x" in upper right corner).

Besides there's not much to tell. I pled to gravert NDA. Although He officially stated on Discord, that whenever we reach 50% progress he'll make that announcement. You should be noted that 100% progress means all .msg fles have underwent several layers of translation bypass. meaning: the #1initial translation, #2 translation corrections #3 proofreading #4..??? ... and etc etc.. so yes.. the anouncement of 50% progress hasn't been posted, so that means it's not 50% yet. Actually probably only person to have the full picture of the whole progress is grawert himself, I think nobody besides him is aware of how much work has been done... so hold yer horses.. the time will come when it will come.. However to ease your waiting pain, know that your post has motivated me to quit bumming around and since my living conditions in my flat now do allow it agin, I'm returning to Fo:Sonora translation team to boost their ranks a bit. hope this will quench your thirst of knowledge?

Can You elaborate on what do you mean by saying "giving out personal data" by regisering on discord?!

back in the day when I registered it required the standard first name last name and email. Did it changed much since then?

As to let you know, I don't treat online accounts such as discord seriously a.k.a my full true name ain't "Gus Tarballs", though when i input it coupled with my email, sites usually don't complain and take it for granted. Actually discord recently encourages me to input my phone number to supplenment my personal data, but i greet that window with middle finger (that is by clicking on "x" in upper right corner).

I couldn't register (or maybe rather "activate") the account without giving my phone number. What for even? To even more efficiently harvest my data while sending me useless (at best) spam? No Discord for me.

Besides there's not much to tell. I pled to gravert NDA. Although He officially stated on Discord, that whenever we reach 50% progress he'll make that announcement. You should be noted that 100% progress means all .msg fles have underwent several layers of translation bypass. meaning: the #1initial translation, #2 translation corrections #3 proofreading #4..??? ... and etc etc.. so yes.. the anouncement of 50% progress hasn't been posted, so that means it's not 50% yet. Actually probably only person to have the full picture of the whole progress is grawert himself, I think nobody besides him is aware of how much work has been done... so hold yer horses.. the time will come when it will come.. However to ease your waiting pain, know that your post has motivated me to quit bumming around and since my living conditions in my flat now do allow it agin, I'm returning to Fo:Sonora translation team to boost their ranks a bit. hope this will quench your thirst of knowledge?

I guess that's an agreeable enough answer. Looking forward to the fruits of your labor.

I couldn't register (or maybe rather "activate") the account without giving my phone number. What for even? To even more efficiently harvest my data while sending me useless (at best) spam? No Discord for me.
That is a security option set by the the server, nothing to do with Discord itself!
Discord allows for 4 levels of participation safety before one can send messages on a server: Instant at Joining, After a few mins Servertime, Having a Registered Email, Having a Registered Phone Number. And ofc one can freely set up the permissions per user rank. Big servers mostly use bots for extended member and access management.

Last edited:
Back