Fallout Sonora - v.1.0 released in Russian

Into FSonora there are fewer fights.
Incomplete locations in Nevada - this was in the Crazy edition. These are easter eggs upon request.
Sonora - still being finalized (waiting for fix 4)
I don't want to spoil anything, but when I was trying to help translate the game I found some cut content. Will future versions of Sonora (1.03 and beyond) restore some of these cut locations and other things?

by unclear quests I mean quests like that in Reno when I had to determine from where shot went and I order to do that I needed to to inspect a street lamp (find a tiny detail). That was annoying because it felt so random, like some kind of pixel hunting. I needed to use a guide.
Oh, yeah, that was one of the more obscure stuff.

About weapons - yes, there are many weapons, but you will probably spend the majority of the game with assault rifle from Winds of War and after that you will probably get a gauss rifle. In Fallout 1&2 it was more interesting (new locations=new toys).
I don't know, is it really that way in Fallout 1&2 where new locations=new toys? Because it's all the same to me, i.e hunting rifle for early game, sniper rifle for midgame, and plasma rifle for lategame, in both the official games and the TC mods. I admit while I love Fallout's combat for its gore as much as the next guy, I never really paid attention to other things like weapon progression.

Some areas felt unfinished too, like you can encounter cannibalistic tribals with a special melee weapon (club as far as I remember), but there is no location, no story, nothing.
I never encountered this. Did you play Crazy Edition? Or perhaps that was a random encounter, and iirc some random encounters in Nevada can be revisited.

I never encountered this. Did you play Crazy Edition? Or perhaps that was a random encounter, and iirc some random encounters in Nevada can be revisited.

Try going into southwestern corner of the map (wastes & no locations) and stay near mountains, you should encounter angry tribals. I think the majority of players might've never seen this encounter, because there's just an empty map with no roads (west from Vegas).

Try going into southwestern corner of the map (wastes & no locations) and stay near mountains, you should encounter angry tribals. I think the majority of players might've never seen this encounter, because there's just an empty map with no roads (west from Vegas).
West of Vegas or west of Uran City? Because Vegas is in southeastern corner of the map.

_20c76defd78ef2bacf8b0a6e52d5ba02.png

You're right about Vegas location, my memory was blurred. I can't speak Russian but it's directly below YPAH-CNTN (Uran City I guess). Like 8/9 squares below.

_20c76defd78ef2bacf8b0a6e52d5ba02.png

You're right about Vegas location, my memory was blurred. I can't speak Russian but it's directly below YPAH-CNTN (Uran City I guess). Like 8/9 squares below.
Yep, definitely Uran City.

I tried going there with an Outdoorsman-tagged char, but only encountered a pair of cannibal hunter as a random encounter. The only special encounter was Hardy Caravan literally on the southwesternmost corner of the map (5-0)

Yeah, and those cannibal hunters weren't carrying a unique weapon? Caravan was there too, so that's it.

They aren't really "special" as you don't see a circle around the bolt when you meet them.

They can be found in 3 different encounters:
-a group of them armed with their special weapons (knives and spears)
-2 guys and a dead body. You can find the same weapon as Patrick's on a body.
-couple of hunters armed with unique weapons (pretty sweet for melee fighters) and their 2 small pet deathclaws

You can only meet them in the mountains north from the desert where you can meet Hardy.

A screenshot dump for the human-made translation of F:Sonora that is currently in a WiP state. Do not worry, no spoilers here. These are the original promotional materials from Sonora's web-site, recreated in English.

scr00008.png

scr00006.png

scr00007.png

More info on the Discord server: discord.gg/ECGgQeG

Can anyone send the link to download Fallout Sonora 1.05 ? I can't download by the Skidrow link, only download a zip file with 2 archives that is nothing to do with the game, can someone help please ?

Thanks.

Yeah but it would be cooler if the download wasn't interupted all of the time. At first it stoped at 94MB and finished with download error. So i had to try agin, from scratch, this time the same happened at 622MB. If at least the download speed was greater than 1,2MB , perhaps then I could manage to download this file before next interrupt, but it seemes, that internet line somwhere on the way caps at 10Mbps type of connection.

Well I know it's not my internet connection's fault, i have 900Mbps optic fiber connection, capped at 100Mbps @ integrated mobo's lan, speed tests usually sit at 96-98Mbps , if no other bottlenecks i usually download with up to 11MB/s speed, so it's the connection somwhere along the way that prevent's me from downloading this Fo:Sonora patch.

Here's the latest update from the English Translation team. More info, as always, on the Discord server: discord.gg/ECGgQeG

>>> After months of translation, the game still has much dialogue to present to us; but the progress is slowly and surely being made. Yet, it's not all about dialogue here. The voice acting -- however occasional it may be in those classic titles -- plays a role in the grand scheme of things, so we're thinking you might just enjoy this little intro cutscene we've got here.

Back