Fallout Tactics compatibility patch

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by Brother None, May 14, 2009.

1. Brother None

Brother None This ghoul has seen it all
    Orderite

Apr 3, 2003
    Chris Taylor posted on the Interplay Tech Support forum to point to a new compatibility patch Interplay release for those of us with XP/Vista who can not get Fallout Tactics to start. It's not immediately clear if this is an issue & solution for the Trilogy Set version only or for all versions of Tactics.

Link: Fallout Tactics compatibility patch.

2. TapLup

TapLup First time out of the vault

Feb 17, 2009
    Thats funny as I was just about to install it on my new Vista computer. Hopefully it works as this little news bit is making me really wanna play it now.

3. SniperPotato

SniperPotato First time out of the vault

Nov 15, 2008
    Well this is good news. Hopefully some of the new players will even try Fallout Tactics multiplayer.

4. mountaingoat

mountaingoat First time out of the vault

Oct 30, 2008
    It seems that reports for black screen when starting the game are about the Trilogy edition, Tactics to be specific, as BN said.
    IDK about you guys, but these damn games play on every Microsoft OS.

I was able to install and play through all the years since published on WIN95/98-Win2000/XP/Vista.
    Hell, they even play on Windows 7 RC!( I only tried FO2 on them though).

You don’t need to install for a second time, just copy paste the installation folder to any place you like. Of course you have to change the paths accordingly, in the config file for the game to start.
    I’m telling you these games are gonna stay on the hard disk and will play as long as a MS OS exists. :D

5. Ad Astra

Ad Astra It Wandered In From the Wastes

May 16, 2007
    In a few decades we'll just use WINBox to play Fallout.

6. TheGM

TheGM The voice of reason

Aug 19, 2008
    It must be this one.

My GPS White label one works on my Vista.

7. Sovz

Sovz Vault Dweller

Aug 11, 2003
    People still play FOT online?

8. Brother None

Brother None This ghoul has seen it all
    Orderite

Apr 3, 2003
    SniperPotato is a living ad to people playing it online, Sovz. He magically pops up whenever we post anything on Tactics :P

9. cdoublejj

cdoublejj It Wandered In From the Wastes

Apr 30, 2007
    Interesting to say the least. Didn't know they re released FOT. once i get my new rig together i'll probably install all the fallouts once W7 comes out that is.

10. aenemic

aenemic Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Jun 4, 2008
    hm, this kinda makes me wanna play FOT again. I still haven't finished it. I always get this urge to play it so I install it and enjoy it a lot until I get to the bunker mission with all the turrets. you never have anything to kill those damn turrets with so you have to cheat your way through. and after that, things just get boring.

11. cdoublejj

cdoublejj It Wandered In From the Wastes

Apr 30, 2007
    I got stuck at either the robot factory or vault zero i think it was the robot factory i made it past the pacifist robot the there is a ramp and as soon as you close enough your charaters are melted.