Fallout Tactics Hi-Res Patch

Mash

Vault Engineer
Modder
Here's a small patch I put together to unlock higher screen resolutions for Fallout Tactics. I haven't tested it to any great length so if you run into problems let me know.

Current Supported Versions are US 1.27 and German 1.25.

Here's the link Fallout Tactics HiRes Patch v1.0

Hers's a couple of Screen Shots running at 1680x1050x32.

Excellent work! And perfect timing, cause I just bought Fallout Tactics a few days ago from Good Old Games. Only had time to do the tutorial so far. Was planning on starting the game tomorrow, and what do you know, now there's a high res patch! Great!

Any chance of a 1440x900 16:10 resolution? I have a great big 28 inch widescreen monitor, I find the high 16:10 resolutions like 1680x1050 make everything a bit too tiny.

(Forget about 1920x1200... that's my montior's native resolution, but I don't want to have to strain my eyes to see my characters!)

I actually find the low resolutions like 1280x800 do look quite good. Basically similar to good old 1024x768, except with the bonus of being in widescreen rather than stretched.

So, massive kudos for allowing me to play this game in proper aspect ratio!

:clap:

your evil twin said:
Any chance of a 1440x900 16:10 resolution?

The list of resolutions you can choose from is populated by the game itself and based on your hardware. The only thing I've done with this patch is make the game look at resolutions other than just 800x600 and 1024x768. So the variety of resolutions will differ from computer to computer. I find that the resolution list run pretty close to what I see in Windows Display Settings.

Ah, fair enough.

Though my windows display options do give me a 1440x900 option, I'm guessing Fallout Tactics - or my graphics card, or something - doesn't like that particular resolution.

No biggie, I'm happy with 1280x800. :) That's still higher resolution than the original game (without being so high that writing becomes tricky to read), and the fact that it is now proper non-stretched widescreen is fantastic.

Oops!

It turns out that I DO get a 1440x900 resolution option!

It's just that for some bizarre reason all the 1440x resolutions (x32 and x16) are at the end of the resolution list, after 1920x1200x16.

I'm now playing in 1440x900x32, and it is great, perfect balance between size and quality and ease of reading text. I am now a very happy person. :D

That's good to hear. I've noticed a couple of resolutions in my list out of place as well.

Also if anyone wants the patch to support other versions of Tactics let me know. The US1.27 and the German 1.25 exe's were the only ones I could get hold of at the time. But I'll happily add support for others if needed.

Wow, do you actually find it comfortable to play at 1920x1200 resolution on a 24 inch screen? I've got a 28 inch screen, and I found even 1680x1050 to make the characters and text to small for easy viewing.

At 1920x1200 people become almost as small as in a Command & Conquer game, and the text is as small as small-print in a legal document. :lol:

(And I had an eye test not long ago, I have perfect vision. Heh.)

Well, yeah. But perhaps it's because I put my head so close to the monitor. :lol:
And I use the 24" 1920x1200 always, and yes I have classes, but perhaps I can focus my vision better because of it... :mrgreen:

Just wanted to say Thanks.. been waiting for this and love it.

also very handy with the editor for a better overview :)

Patching NOCD version

As many of you i hate using cd's while playing.
So.....

HOW ABOUT PATCHING US1.27 NOCD BOS.EXE to get hires?

Back