Fallout Tactics mod Fallout Tactics: Lost In The Wastelands Campaign

Wow I will need to look at all this stuff. Had no idea all this was there! Thank you for replying!!

Also, noisist link from 4th september 2013 on this thread might work. (there is a countdown)

Oh my my, this is a real gold mine... I'll dig into that! I don't remember how many many files I just downloaded, all is there!

If you are looking for more mods, beside drobovik database, this section, and the nma download section, there are also the archive of the old nma download section (you have to replace "www" by "archive" in order to make some old links work) and the mod wiki by dude101. There might be stuff at Duck and cover, but it is a bit hard to navigate in it.

When i am done with this guide, (probably by the end of the year) i intend to do the same for Tactics Mods, so i guess we will exchange more informations in the future.

Installation:
1.2.u3 (Installer)

• Install Fallout Tactics 1.27.
  • Install Unofficial Patch Plus (optional).
  • Install this mod.
  • - Launch game from the mod shortcut.
  • Added HRP 1.0 by Mash.
  • Improved icons.
  • Launch the campaign from the standard way (Lost_in_the_wasteland.cam renamed to bos.cam).
  • Does not overwrite the original game (Installation to subfolder).
Unofficial patch 1.2 UPDATE 1:
  • * Lost lines have been added to the text (based on the reconciliation of both languages).
  • * Updated translation, now there are no Russian files in English, and conversely.
  • * The main launch file was renamed to LiW.exe , and HRP is adapted for it (for both languages).
05.02.21 fix by Pyran.

Unofficial patch 1.2 UPDATE 2:
  • * FT Hi-Res renamed to LiW Hi-Res.
  • * Slavers composition has been changed (to a less annoying one).
  • * Fixed description display for raiders and reavers armor (the problem of the original FT).
  • * Updated interface panel (Universal, from F2).
  • * The ability to find a random meeting "Church" (5-20%).
  • * Correction of the text (spelling, punctuation, euphony (partly)).
  • * Added a new "starter" character.
  • * Added new portraits (replaces some of the characters) [Optional].
Unofficial patch 1.2 UPDATE 3:
  • An introductory video has been added.
  • Fixed the display of buttons in the main menu for English Lang.
29.05.22 fix by Pyran.

Last edited:
- Unofficial patch 1.2 UPDATE 2:
  • * FT Hi-Res renamed to LiW Hi-Res.
  • * Slavers composition has been changed (to a less annoying one).
  • * Fixed description display for raiders and reavers armor (the problem of the original FT).
  • * Updated interface panel (Universal, from F2).
  • * The ability to find a random meeting "Church" (5-20%).
  • * Correction of the text (spelling, punctuation, euphony (partly)).
  • * Added a new "starter" character.
  • * Added new portraits (replaces some of the characters) [Optional].

However, there is one significant bug I have to report, which strikes at the end of the mod (spoiler warning!):

Partway through the final fight with the super mutants, the Brotherhood NPCs always always always go hostile on me for no appreciable reason. I know they're not being hit by stray bullets - it happens even when I remove all of my teammates and my remaining character hasn't fired a shot.

Fortunately, killing all the mutants ends that mission successfully and I get the mod's "To be continued...maybe..." screen, so it's possible to work around it. However, it does spoil the mood to "bravely defend the Brotherhood" by running out into the middle of nowhere to kill mutants while the Brotherhood tries to shoot me in the back, and most of the recruits and squires die in the fighting because I can't get close to Paladin Johnson..
I had this bug occur on multiple attempts at the final battle as well. Like Snikers I was able to complete the mission despite having my BoS brethren shooting me in the back for no good reason. I surmised that for whatever reason, the BoS troops were turning on my team when hit by any friendly fire whatsoever - even when they hit EACH OTHER and my squad was not involved.

I found a way to prevent this, however. By lining my squad up at the left or right edge of the map, I convinced the muties to move toward me, instead of down to the camp. This practically prevented the BoS troops from firing at all, and when they did, they never had sharp lines of fire that put each other in harm's way. I think I killed every single one of the mutants myself (well, me Bruno and Den - Den is awesome with a rocket launcher if you build up his HW) except for one that a BoS trooper direct hit with a rocket launcher from a mile away. Anyways, using this tactic I was able to defeat the attack without the other base defenders turning on me.

As far as we know: The brotherhood will attack you if the mutants destroy the generator.
1. Mining the field.
2. The stand on the front line, not far from the boulder.
3. We are fighting (no one is hitting in the back, we are all together taking down mutants).

---
Has anyone completed quests for Martinez?

As far as we know: The brotherhood will attack you if the mutants destroy the generator.
1. Mining the field.
2. The stand on the front line, not far from the boulder.
3. We are fighting (no one is hitting in the back, we are all together taking down mutants).

---
Has anyone completed quests for Martinez?
I am sure I've been turned on by the Brotherhood when the generator was not harmed. As I said, I suspect they blame me for their own friendly fire.

As for Martinez, I've wondered about him having quests but in my experience his mercs are instantly hostile the first time you enter town, so I have never been able to have a conversation with him. What is the trigger to make his forces hostile?

Friendly fire - i don't know, I haven't encountered such a thing (shot off on par with everyone else using a gauss and neostead).
Martinez - I'll assume that it's a matter of reputation, or the problem is in scripts\triggers ...
Also, 3 unique meetings are mentioned, but there is only one (but she wasn't involved).

On reputation... I started a new game, took a new character and went straight from the training grounds to Garbage, talked to no one, and went up to Martinez' base and the mercs were already hostile. My reputation was unknown. The only thing I can think of would be to wander in the wastes until you get a chance to kill some civilians and see if a bad reputation is required. But it's not important. I'd rather play the loyal BoS soldier than a psychotic murderer.

On a totally different subject, I think it's pretty funny that if you take Raul as your starting character and modify him a bit (Fast Shot, 8 perc and agi,) his starting equipment is more than enough to wipe out every hostile in the training grounds and Garbage without breaking a sweat. But if you create your own character you start off naked.

Is this mod’s new campaign a continuation of Tactics or a new campaign with different characters?

Is this mod’s new campaign a continuation of Tactics or a new campaign with different characters?
A new campaign. Small compared to the OC but I enjoyed it. - Hint: take one of the pregenerated characters, modify him/her if you wish, but don't create a new character from scratch.

- Unofficial patch 1.2 UPDATE 3:
  • An introductory video has been added.
  • Fixed the display of buttons in the menus for English Lang.

Last edited:
Back