Fallout: Yesterday - Van Buren project re-launched

The_Proletarian

Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!
Staff member
Admin
enX3ZAQ.png

hexer were previously working on an attempt to bring Black Isle Studio's Van Buren project to the FOnline engine as a total conversion mod. However the project run into some problems and work was halted.

Now he's back with the same project on the Fallout 2 engine. It goes under the name Fallout: Yesterday and you can check it out here. There's some really neat information in the thread.

You can support the project by becoming a patreon. If you do you'll get some juicy updates as a treat.

Downloading now...is this a beta version?

Edit: Microsoft defender doesn't like this!

Last edited:
Downloading now...is this a beta version?

No, it's not a Beta as I spent weeks just playtesting it and hunting for bugs :)
It's more like Early Access!

Edit: Microsoft defender doesn't like this!

What?? That doesn't make sense.

I just downloaded it on Win 10 with latest MS Defender and there were no issues.
It's just a 7z self-extracting with a password. Maybe your MS Defender doesn't like the fact there's a password on it so he can't access the contents?

In any case you can skip the self-extracter by having 7z installed, right clicking the file and extracting it manually using 7-Zip -> Open Archive

How long is the EA?

The initial area is about 2-3 hours, depending on your gameplay style. Once you get to the world map, it takes you around 13 years of in-game time to visit every square if you want to explore the wastes completely and reveal the map. Currently there is only one world map location that you can visit and maybe some secret ones too :)

Back