Fatal Damage / other F1 mods

dagorkan

First time out of the vault
I am thinking of downloading this mod but first of all I'd like to know if it's any good. There are three votes on it and the average is 7.0, which isn't too high. Has anybody used this mod and if so what do you think of it?

Also are there any other good mini-mods for F1? I know about the TeamX one and may use that one but I'm thinking more of direct gameplay mods, item changes, NPC upgrades, ammo effects etc

dagorkan said:
I am thinking of downloading this mod but first of all I'd like to know if it's any good. There are three votes on it and the average is 7.0, which isn't too high.
Taking in account that 5.0 is average, 7.0 is high.
It had two votes rating it 10/10 and the third vote was probably 1/10, so it probably depends on what you want from Fallout.

dagorkan said:
So nobody's tried it?
Well, most of written feedback that I got was in Polish, but it was generally positive - the only written negative feedback that I got was from a guy that didn't like the idea of making the combat more deadly that didn't even play the mod.

Personally, I can't play Fallout without it, but I'm biased :P .

Hi Sorrow, thanks. Really I wanted more information about what it does - which weapons does it affect (all?), how big is the difference (double, +50% damage?), and most importantly does it unbalance any aspects of the game? How will my experience be changed?

Would you happen to have a readme or something with a list of changes in English?

dagorkan said:
Hi Sorrow, thanks. Really I wanted more information about what it does - which weapons does it affect (all?), how big is the difference (double, +50% damage?), and most importantly does it unbalance any aspects of the game? How will my experience be changed?
It affects all the weapons and damage is affected mostly by ammo types - the damage was calculated from a formula from G3G weapon design system - there are examples of damages most popular firearms in the mod descriptions. It's not really realistic - rather more believable in comic book or cinematic way. The damages of some weapons seem to me a bit over-the-top - for example a hunting rifle has maximum damage (without criticals) of 65 because the system I used based the damages on is based on penetration and more, instead of using a constant 1/2 of damage value for firearms (which wouldn't make much sense in Fallout), I used randomised 1/3 to full damage value.
It also changes the armour stats and natural armour of some creatures.
IIRC Combat Armor protects from pistols and Power Armor protects from assault/hunting rifles, so it still important to get a better weapons and armour as the game progresses.

The main change is that combat is faster and more deadly - it's easier to use tactics, because there's a higher probability of eliminating enemies. I used to play it in iron man mode and I usually got to Hub before getting killed in a caravan job (fighting against a horde of raiders without a Combat Armor and grenades isn't a good idea).

As for game balance problems...
Hmm...
One was that sometimes Killian got killed by the assassin, which isn't really recognized by game. Oh and some random encounters (those with a lot of guns pointed at PC) are much more deadly.

dagorkan said:
Would you happen to have a readme or something with a list of changes in English?
Only what is in mod description.

Thanks that sounds pretty good, I'm going to try it.

Just one other question, do you know if it's compatible with TeamX's mods? I mean to use the semi-official patch, the 1.3x unofficial, the NPC upgrade mod, and I think one other. I would assume that it would be since it only changes .pro files

I'm not sure about 1.3 unofficial - if it doesn't change any .pro files, or the same maps as my mod, then it's compatible.

NPC upgrade mod isn't compatible - i.e. the NPC followers won't get the armor stats of the new armour.

How can I get Fallout 1: Revisited?

Saw it on the Polish website, saying it was an update of Fatal Damage. Can't download it there, can't find it in the file directory here and my search turned up no threads.

I realised that it has some game-crashing bugs and removed it :oops: .
I'll finish it and upload a new version that supports the NPC mod soon.

Back