Favorite Fallout 4 Quests?

TheodoreRoosevelt

First time out of the vault
I thought Human Error and the Last Voyage of the USS Constitution were pretty good quests. The Disappearing Act was pretty good as well.

Diamond City Blues.

This quest has so many different branches (changes are minor, but still), it felt refreshing after all Kill, Loot, Return.

And it has actual consequences!

Human Error, USS Constitution, and Diamond City Blues are I would argue the only good quests in the entire game, and even then they're only good in the way that some Fallout 3 sidequests were good - centered around fun exciting theme park set pieces and with a minimal acceptable level of choice. Every other side quest in the base game is dog shit.

Automatron is a decent questchain in that Fallout 3 sense. I honestly quite like Nuka World and Far Harbor but can't remember any particuarly good sidequests from them.

Diamond city blues, the last Voyage of the USS constitution and The Silver Shroud were the best ones. The Secret of Cabot House would have been good, if it wasn't totally lore-breaking.

I thought Blind Betrayal was a cool quest then I went and looked it up on YouTube to remind myself and it seems like there's not a way to dutifully but regretfully put Danse down. You're either a bleeding heart who spares him or a mustache twirling foaming at the mouth executioner.

The quest where you kill Shaun because that is the only one I remember.

I last played Fallout 4 in 2015 and sometimes think about giving it another shot because I never played the DLC and I also have fond memories of modding Skyrim (which was a boring as fuck game on release) up to its eyeballs and making it fun, but then I just get this memory avalanche of radiant settelement quests and absolutely retarded shit like the psychic alien family and GHOUL FRIDGE. Honestly you're best off not remembering.

Last edited:
I last played Fallout 4 in 2015 and sometimes think about giving it another shot because I never played the DLC and I also have fond memories of modding Skyrim (which was a boring as fuck game on release) up to its eyeballs and making it fun, but then I just get this memory avalanche of radiant settelement quests and absolutely retarded shit like the psychic alien family and GHOUL FRIDGE. Honestly you're best off not remembering.

Every time I think about playing Fallout 4 again, I remember its a ok at best shooter and barely a rpg. So all I would be doing is playing dress up with mods. I like taking screenshots but the Fallout 4 nexus imageshare has too much cheesecake.

Diamond City Blues.

This quest has so many different branches (changes are minor, but still), it felt refreshing after all Kill, Loot, Return.

And it has actual consequences!

Funny you should mention this one... I've played Fallout 4 many times (until boredom or frustration, not until
'completion'), but I only recently played this quest for the first time when I decided to go into that bar to see if I
could invest money. Having always ignored the upper stands in the past, I was surprised to find a quest! It wasn't bad... I didn't even know that it had other outcomes, but that's interesting considering this is Fallout 4 we're talking
about...

So since I'm here... my favorite quest is... well, after thinking about it for some time, I'm going to have to say that
I don't have one since they are all just kill or fetch quests with no options or meaning behind them. That may be
unfair, but I've played this game quite a bit and after several minutes I could not think of even one quest that stood out, so... yeah...

I was going to say the quest that earns Greygarden's loyalty, but there's really nothing special about it... I just like
talking to Supervisor White.

I didn't even know that it had other outcomes

Like I said they're minor:
  • If Paul confronts Cooke alone or you don't help him, Cooke kills him
  • After the quest you might be confronted by Cooke's daughter, if you killed him you have to pass a Charisma check to avoid fighting her
  • If you spared Trish or Nelson, Marowski knows about your involvement. You can pay him off or do a favor for him.
  • If you killed Nelson, Malcom Latimer confronts you about his son's death. You can admit it and ask for forgiveness (failed Charisma check means Latimer will send hitmen after you until you kill him), blame Marowski (Latimer hires you to assasinate him for 400 caps) or blame Paul (asks to kill him for 200 caps).
  • If Paul died prior to stealing the chems (killed by Cooke or during the robbery), his wife will ask you to help her investigate his disappearance. A week later she hands you a photo of Latimer, Cooke and Paul after the Marowski's warehouse heist 20 years ago. You can use it to blackmail Malcom or hand it to Marowski. He'll pay you and ask to kill Malcom. If he knows about your involvement in the robbery, he tells you to do it for free (after killing Malcom you're even). If you refuse when he offers to pay you, Malcom will be killed by Triggermen next time you're in DC. If you refuse to do it for free Marowski turns hostile.
  • If you split the chems with Paul 50-50, he takes over Cooke's bar. If you split 70-30, Paul tells Cooke's daughter that you killed him (even if you didn't). If you didn't kill Cooke and pass a Charisma check with her, she'll kill Paul for lying to her.

I liked DC Blues as well, along with the ghoul meat canning facility. Finding the railroad was simple, but I thought it was fun and it was also the first time I heard some of the best music made for the game. I did not care for USS Constitution at all though. Played it once on first playthrough and ignored it in other playthroughs. The quest related to Curie was also fun.

Honestly? Cabot house is my favorite. Many don't like it for how far out its ideas are but, I love it. An Archonlgest finds a lost relic of a past alien civilization on earth and gains immortality and powers beyond human understanding. His family then uses blood transfusions to gain immortality of their own. And for hundreds of years living off him like a parasite. It's just so 50s sci-fi B-movie, that I can't not love the premise.

DC Blues and Human Error are clearly my two top choices purely because they are the sole two quests in that entire god forsaken game that qualify as actual fucking quests and not KLR bullshit.

Order Up ( the Wolfgang vs Trudy ) is also neat little quest but its clearly a typical case of Bethesda frontloading the game for game journous and casuals.

As much as i hate Railroad their Red Rocket Glare also has potential due to possibility of doing the quest without firing even one shot ( at least the final part ).
Bounty part of Silver Shroud felt good when modded - rolling into the town in full tac gear and wasting criminal shitbags was fun.

And from modded - Prelude to Vault 278( i got the number wrong probably ). No quest markers, no handholding, just player and their ability to think to track the next step with provided clues. Shame we will never get the follow up as the mod author got banned from Nexus for some bullshit.

To tell the truth main Covenant quest was interesting because of possibility of choices. I cannot say that is my favorite but at least it has the plot on it. F4 mainly has stupid quests, really.

The Silver Shroud. I know it's not like there's a ton of choice involved, but it was pretty much the only part of the game where I actually enjoyed the fact that my survivor was voiced.

Back