Favourite pop-cultural reference?

Well there's a brand new one that made me chuckle in Killap's new RP 2.0. When you ask the guy who guards the bridge about Kaga, he spins off a rather funny and appropriate reference to Terminator 1 - "and he absolutely will not stop - EVER! ... until you are dead"

So an *unofficial* pop-culture reference there but i liked it so much i thought i'd mention it.
Probably courtesy of Dravean :clap:

Josan12 said:
Well there's a brand new one that made me chuckle in Killap's new RP 2.0. When you ask the guy who guards the bridge about Kaga, he spins off a rather funny and appropriate reference to Terminator 1 - "and he absolutely will not stop - EVER! ... until you are dead"
Awesome, I gotta find that now. :)

The Best is two kinds of people line on Golgotha, it's perfectly blended into game and quite unnoticeable if you don't know the movie.

As far as special encounters go I love Guardian of Forever, nice predestination paradox and causal loop. Just scorcher is too much.

The first time I cracked laughing in front of the computer screen was when I had to fight mister handy at the Klamath canyon.

"I can't let you do that Dave".

Now, in retrospective, it's not that funny.

Holy Grail references are the best ones for me... especially the bridge.

Not really references... But people in New Reno mocking you because of PA:

"How do you take a piss on that stuff?"

"You look like a mech, this is Fallout 2. Are you sure you opened the right folder?"

Also... I love things like this:

Chosen: Uh... I really must be going mrs bishop.
Leslie: if you leave now I'll call the guards.
Chosen: <leaves>
Leslie: GUARDS!
Chosen: I hate this game.

I like when producers make "yes, this is a game" jokes.

Yeah, I love the lack of fourth wall.

"Huff huff huff need... more.. action points."

"Nothing a critical to the eyes can't cure."

How much stuff can a person with a strength of 6 and a strong back perk carry?

You can either give a smartass answer (proper way) or the nerd one (correct one). The latter caused inredible laughs.

Also, the GBU reference won as well

It´s just a proposal and maybe a bid off topic but i had posted this a few days ago at the "RP suggestion thread".
I don´t know if someone has read it...Anyway here it is

If the player had convinced Sgt. Granite and his troop to help beating up Horrigan. there could be the following dialogue to replace the awful and senseless floating text.

A window would be much better

He comes up to the player the window opens and he says: " I think we should be leaving now".

The chosen one has the option to say. "This is probably a good idea".

At last for further improvement he has also the possibility to say; "See you at the cafe of broken dreams".

Then all survivors together are leaving the oil rig.

What do you think...?

It would be cool to have the EC unit after the game and go wreak havoc in the wasteland.

I like that ugly sketch of the titanic chick :D:D I laughed a lot at that

My favourite one made rather happy than laugh and that is magic the gathering's reff I was really surprsed when I saw the box

Too bad you can only play Tragic with Wooz...

I was hoping for something fun to do with those cards like...

Enclave sgt: A wastelander! Kill it!
Enclave soldiers: Yes sir!
Enclave sgt: Hang on... That a tragic deck!?
Chosen one: uh... yes.
Enclave sgt: Give it to me and we'll let you go...
Chosen one: MY deck!? Hell no!

I really like the Mad Max reference with Dogmeat. Besides the fact that Mad Max is my favorite post-apoc movie, it fits right in with the rest of the game.

"A boy and his dog"

I never even realised the reference until I saw the movie later on.
I couldnt believe the extent to which the game developers knew their genre.

If you havent seen the Post-apocalytpic movie. Find it and watch it.
It is fantastic... right up your alley.

I agree with Santoka, I mostly like the ones that are more subtle.

I recently discovered some easter eggs that I didn't know of when looking at the wiki ( http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_2_cultural_references ), a lot of them I didn't even notice in the game and now that I read them I find them quite hillarious

[spoiler:16fd8f7daa]
Bill Clinton

When you reach the Enclave Oil Rig, go to president's chambers. You'll find his secretary that speaks as Monica. About the dress and... well, you know what. [/spoiler:16fd8f7daa]

[spoiler:16fd8f7daa]Funny Farm

(It starred Chevy Chase) - In the town of Modoc when you go to Rose's Bed & Breakfast, you can enter into the Brahmin Fry Eating Contest. Right as you break the record, you learn that the Brahmin Fries are actually Brahmin testicles. In the movie "Funny Farm", Chevy Chase enters a Lamb Fry Eating Contest and his reaction (when he learns that they are sheep testicles) to it is identical to your character's in the game. [/spoiler:16fd8f7daa]

[spoiler:16fd8f7daa]Goodfellas

Flick in the Den says the following line: "You think I'm some kinda clown? Am I here to amuse you, is that it?". This is a direct reference to the scene where Joe Pesci is talking to Ray Liotta in the gangster movie Goodfellas by Martin Scorsese. [/spoiler:16fd8f7daa]

Pocahontas

Sometimes, a prostitute will say "You were great in Pokeahotass."
[/spoiler:16fd8f7daa]

Wizard of Oz, The

In the Northern California Republic, you'll come across a girl and her robot standing outside of a building. The girl's name is Dorothy, and her trusty robot who follows her everywhere is Toto.

In the Special encounter The Tin Man, the player encounters someone standing, rigid and unmoving, in power armor, saying repeatedly, "Oil can". When the player uses a nearby Oil Can on the figure's armor, the Tin Man walks away, after gifting the player with a Micro Fusion Cell.

If you are wearing Power Armor, a prostitute may make the following comment: "Look, Tin Man, if you want me to dress up as Dorothy or Toto, that's extra." [/spoiler:16fd8f7daa]

I also like the references on the grave stones a lot

FO1, the Hub, patrol guards on the entrance map:
'These aren't the droids we're looking for. Move along. Move along.'

Back