Feedback Request: Fallout Glynco

Infernal2

First time out of the vault
I've been reading the forum for years but haven't really had much of a need to post until now. I've been asked to start up a campaign based on the Fallout Universe and being that I'm from the South, I decided to nestle the campaign in a small pocket of Southeastern Georgia near Brunswick, GA and call it Fallout Glynco.

The background takes place around the verdant community of Glynco, stuck between the irradiated and mutant hellhole of Neptune (formerly Jacksonville, Florida) and the closed city of Savannah Georgia. The conflicts in the area are human in nature and not really based on a classic take of good and evil. Glynco is an industrial town with coastal shipping, fishing, and trade run by the SeaPak conglomerate. The industry and farming is pumped into the surrounding area by its local aristocratic industrialist government, the Sons of the Neoconfederacy. And rearing its old ugly head is the specter of slavery and in turn, the abolitionists who fight it, a neo-Marxist organization called the Poor Man's Brigade. Surprising to some, this little pocket of paradise boasts clean waters thanks to the massive filtration action of the holy marshes, shepherded and protected by the Marsh Walkers, a highly spiritual group reminding the oldest ghouls of Baptists with rumors of something more sinister involved. A newer group, having made its way east merely a generation ago is a small enclave of the Followers who while they oppose the fanaticism of the Marsh Walkers, the slavery of the neo-Confederates, and the militancy of the Poor Men, is smart enough to keep their damned mouths shut. There are mysteries as well. What is the Cloister and what hides in the old ruins of the Simon's Dead Zone and on Sea Island? Why do so few return from the dense foliage of Jekyll Island and what is the Monster of Jekyll? Who will control Lumber Town, the old Southern Village the ghouls still call Darien? Why do tribals protect the remains of old Savannah and what leviathans slumber in old Kingston? Who really are the bad guys and who are the good ones?

And does white BBQ sauce really count as BBQ?

Come meet the local flora. The Father Moss, the Marsh Mothers, the Mosquito Hawk, and the Skunk Ape. Earn the respect of everyone by bringing in the Dire Boar for dinner (or breakfast!). Don't mess with the Ebos or the Salt Ghouls. Ride the waves but not the Choo Choo.

If anyone is interested I'll expand some of these ideas.

Back