[FO2] Adding 4th premade character?

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by Ardent, Dec 25, 2009.

1. Ardent

Ardent A Smooth-Skin
    Modder

Jul 24, 2009
    I found some old threads with the same question but every time the discussion would end nowhere.

So, does anyone know if it is possible to have more than 3 premade characters to select from in F2, and if yes, how to do it?

Thanks for help!

2. Dude101

Dude101 Vault Fossil
    Modder

Aug 3, 2005
    According to the documentation we have on the wiki, the engine is hardcoded to only use the 3 premade GCDs "filenames are hardcoded in the engine".

http://falloutmods.wikia.com/wiki/Objects_in_Fallout_2#Premade_characters

Timeslip or someone would have to hax to engine, for more character GCD load options (which is not a bad idea).

PS

Where is my Christmas present :(

3. Ardent

Ardent A Smooth-Skin
    Modder

Jul 24, 2009
    Thanks for the info. I'll try pestering Timeslip to include such an option on the next sfall version (whenever it'll happen)

Well, it's 99% ready, but the elves in the Santa Claus's domain are behind schedule on the wrapping, if you catch my drift... but you'll get it before the end of the year, I promise.

4. Mr.Wolna

Mr.Wolna Vault Senior Citizen

Nov 15, 2007
    Hm i had this request times ago. I found the place in the exe where the names and the counter (3) are but had not enough skills to change the exe correctly. I think for people like Mash, Helios or Timeslip this should not be a really big deal.

5. Timeslip

Timeslip Water Chip? Been There, Done That
    Modder

Aug 15, 2007
    Done. Will be in 2.2, which should be ready in an hour or so, as soon as I finish one last hookscript.

Edit: Uploaded.

6. Dude101

Dude101 Vault Fossil
    Modder

Aug 3, 2005
    I'm sure you are tired of being told this, but you are awesome :)

7. Lexx

Lexx Background Radiant
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    It's like "it would be cool to have a cake now, but to do this would need 10 hour..." --- "..done!".

8. Ardent

Ardent A Smooth-Skin
    Modder

Jul 24, 2009
    Thanks, Timeslip!

You're reading my mind! (or my posts, which is just as good ;-) )

9. Mr.Wolna

Nov 15, 2007
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

10. smilodom

smilodom Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Apr 17, 2008
    I don´t know why we are needing a 4th character. Almost everyone plays with is own special personality that´s only for the beginners...

I would like to see more different looking and acting critters ingame... :lol:

11. Ardent

Ardent A Smooth-Skin
    Modder

Jul 24, 2009
    Well, I need the fourth premade character mostly for illustrative purposes. Apart from the three "standard" character models (combat, stealth, diplomatic), I'm trying to add a fourth one (scientific).

Four premade characters will allow me to present to the players the choices they are offered ingame, even if they make their own "dudes".

And, I believe that somebody once pointed out that premade characters are one of the ways to give some background to a mod and can be an attractive eye-candy.

12. Solon

Solon First time out of the vault

Dec 8, 2007
    Would using premades be a way hack in other PC race characters? It worked OK in tactics, but this is a whole different beast.

13. Ardent

Ardent A Smooth-Skin
    Modder

Jul 24, 2009
    As I see it, it is rather the hero appearance mod that would enable us to play as ghoul or supermutant.

14. Mr.Wolna

Nov 15, 2007
    yes but do not forget that the critter must be done too.

15. Lexx

Lexx Background Radiant
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    Uhm... it's obvious that a new critter needs to be made if you want to use it with the hero appearance mod or as 4th premade character when he is a new race.

16. Mr.Wolna

Nov 15, 2007
    just wanted to replay once more, no reason to be a dick. ;)