FO2 Gecko question

Discussion in 'Fallout RPG Gameplay & Tech' started by Elrotor, May 16, 2020.

1. Elrotor

Elrotor First time out of the vault

Apr 12, 2020
    So, usually I play goodie two shoes characters. Just my thing. So, I've read that if I optimize the powerplant I condemn the ghouls because gecko gets taken over by the VC.

Is it a hostile take over or a friendly annexation?

I am torn hehehe. Although the acronym "VC" may steer me to not optimize it heh.

Now, what about the economics CD, that doesnt affect it? I seem to remember the old fart ghoul go apeshit when I told him I did it.

2. Brunzer

Brunzer First time out of the vault

Apr 9, 2010
    Yeah, if you optimize the plant, you condemn Gecko. But, if you're running Killap's restoration project, there's a way to both optimise the plant and get a good ending for Gecko iirc.

3. Elrotor

Apr 12, 2020
    Running MMod. Safe to ASSume is there as well?

4. Brunzer

Brunzer First time out of the vault

Apr 9, 2010
    Never used the megamod. I think you have to present the optimization-disk to McClure and make an argument that there can be a mutual beneficial trade relationship with Gecko, meds for power. As far as I know, in vanilla it didn't make a difference in the ending slides, but Killap implemented it in his restoration pack and maybe in the unofficial patch too. It's been years since I played Fallout 2 though, memory is a bit hazy.

5. Elrotor

Apr 12, 2020
    Well, dialogue was there, we'll see what happens when I finish :)