FO2 + Help + Navarro

uratransformer

First time out of the vault
I am currently playing fallout 2 and I am having some trouble in Navarro. I can’t seem to get myself the FOB or the Vertibird plans. I have spoken to cookie the cook before talking to the mechanic and the base commander. Anyone have any clue what I’m doing wrong?

Spoilers below.

From Per's guide:

If you ask the guy outside the commander's office who gets to come in, he'll mention the cleaning crew. You must walk out of his sight and wait one hour before you can tell him you've come to clean the office (with IN<4 you can get him to believe this right away though). You can now go in, but the commander won't let you open the locker with the Tanker Fob. Either Sneak-Lockpick the locker, or use (a lot of) Super Stimpaks on the commander. There is an easier way, for which you must have got this quest first (and need good Speech): tell the guard you've come to fetch the Tanker Fob, and the commander will let you walk right in and take it. In any case you get 3500 xp for getting the Fob out of the room.
On the ground level there are plasma turrets which can make fighting here troublesome. Quincy in the garage to the northeast has the Vertibird Plans in the locker behind him. There are two scientists around, one next door and one in the comm central to the south, who can tell you about the tanker and Vertibird Plans. If you asked any of them about the plans, you can tell Quincy a tech told you to get the plans and he'll let you have them (with very good Sneak you can just pick them up anyway). You get 3500 xp for taking the plans.

Back