Followers *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

mrblonde2000

First time out of the vault
How about we get a list going as this is sure to come up in the future again and again.

The only one I have found so far is the ex raider in Megaton but my karma is to high and I cannot get him to join me.

Dogmeat, in the Scrapyard to the South East of the Minefield (location received from Moira in one of the 1st Chapter Wasteland Survival Guide quests).

Fawkes, The Super-Mutant at Vault 87. If you save him, he becomes your pal.

I forget her name, but there's a female Brotherhood of Steel you can recruit if you have enough good karma.

There's a ghoul companion called Charon.

Butch, the Vault greaser can later join you as well.

Rejoice! I found a list FINALLY.

#1. Butch, Complete the Quest: Trouble on the homefront and be sure Butch is alive, and the Overseer has stepped down or died, or you've sabotaged the Vault. Goto the Muddy Rudder bar in Rivet City, and easily convince your old "friend" to join you.

#2. Sergeant RL-3, Purchase him from traceling robot salesman called Mister Tinker who randomly roams the Wastekand near the RobCo factory. He will only foolow you if you're Neutral.

#3. Fawkes, Although not able to join you immediately, once you're back in the Wasteland after visiting th Vault 87, Fawkes is waiting for you, helps kill the enemies that want you dead, and then offers to swing his gaint hammer as often as you'll let him. (hes a super mutant)

#4. Star paladin cross, Head into the Citadel for the first time and speak with her. If you're pretty up there in karma, she agrees to accompany you on a special detachment mission. If you become neutral or lower, she'll ditch ya and return to base.

#5. Jericho, Hes moping around Megaton being a pain in the ass, and only if you're evil can you talk him into resuming his previous career as a merc. He needs "supplies" though.

#6. Clover, Gain entrace to Paradise Falls by nonviolent means, speak to Eulogy Jones, and he offers to sell his companion to you. her near-brainwashed condition enables her to believe you're Eulogy's replacement, and her love is trasferred to you. (Bow chika Bow WoW)

#7. Charon, This large Ghoul has nothing to say, until his contract with Ahzrukal in Underworld is either sold or bought, This either costs you in Caps or Karma. Once the contract is in your possession, you might want to stand back, the two Ghouls dont get along.

#8. Dogmeat, Located directly south of Minefield and north of Super-Duper Market in a place called Scrapyard, you'll know hes near by the sound of the raiders shootin at him.

Is that a full list?

I'd like an article on followers for NMA: basic skills, descriptions of how you get him and where, and maybe a bit on personality.

I've only gotten Dogmeat so far:

He's at the scrapyard, just skulking about. You can recruit him by dialogue, no foodstuffs required like in the original Fallouts.
He seems to have pretty high HP, and can take quite a beating. If his health does drop, you can administer stimpacks through dialogue.
He can also scavenge things for you: you can ask him to go find ammo, guns, chems, etc.; and if there are some lying around in the open (can be hard to spot yourself sometimes, due to low-light environments and nineties-quality graphics). when he finds these things he brings them to you. When there isn't anything lying around, he'll just stand around waiting for you to ask him to stop searching. No romantic involvements.

hmmm i "bought" charon, but he and the former "owner" arent moving or saying anything. i waited a few days but still no reaction...

hoax? :) did i lost my 2k caps?

Yes, reload.

It is also possible to get him with a quest but I can not solve the quest because I forgot how I need to kill and there is no note or stuff like that.

Then charisma is worthless. I have seen it on one or 2 speech checks but I also had Int options in that list and since my Int is 10 i just went with those. I have 7 charisma and people still hate me until you talk all nice to them or do quest for them and all unnamed npc still tell me to go away and even peoples lives I saved tell me to Fuck off.

I remember in old games speech and charisma were key. Every line seemed to be based on your speech and charisma, now only a few lines and Int seems to be a better substitute there.

Even with 80 speech and 7 charisma i fail speech checks more often than not. And all speech checks seem to do is help you skip quests. Why would you want to skip quests?

Back