FT Improver - a way to improve Fallout Tactics

paladin_lord said:
mrm not mean to be rude, but your question is really out of the topic ...

I however have no idea how that happened, i downloaded the FT improver several times and in none of my scheduled scans a virus was detected. well things for you to consider:

a) from where you downloaded this FT Improver ? i would not recommend downloading it from any source outside of this site.

b) are your anti-spyware defenses up to date ? trojans are the most typical threats used by hackers, and should one get access to your computer they could add one of those virus delete stuff ... etc.

I think, this not out of of topic because it about the FTimprover.

First i thought about, some virus infected my FTImprover but then i downloaded it directly from his page again but Antivir found it again. I also checked it with VirusTotal https://www.virustotal.com/file/cd1...8f45708682f90f4417d910a5/analysis/1342912362/. I don't believe it is really a Trojan but i don't want to overlook it. It is a great tool i still want to work with it.

after your reply I scanned (with microsoft essentials) the improver.exe just in case, but was not infected. Not sure if it is the case. but perhaps your improver.exe was infected by another virus. some types of viruses can do that, as for the win32/sality.Am

or ... In case the download file available here is indeed infected we could request a new link i guess.

Hmmm, blast from the past it seems but anyone know how I can contact jarekfall?
I have tried going to his web address and sending him an email, and he doesn't seem to be on NMA much anymore... (stalker much?)
LOL! :roll:
Anyway I need to talk to him because I have plans to improve the FT Improver and I'd rather ask for permission, and possibly help, to do so.
Also it could be possible that other modders may want in on this, but I would rather speak to the dude that made the foundations on what I plan to create first.

I have also been wanting to contact him, he hasn't been on NMA and Mod DB in 3 years!!

I have given up on trying to contact him, I just edited FT Improver any way :) if you need any help just contact me.

I know that Rob, but you also know me, trying to do this right.
I would feel like I was ripping him of if I went ahead without him knowing about it at least. I know what he would say anyway, but I wanna be respectful.
I know you could maybe answer some of the questions I have about FT Improver, and maybe even help with my 'improvements', but I think we should wait to see if actually do contact the guy.

Maybe someone else has a theory as to where I could find him?

Also i noticed he said something about "FT Improver's source code" if anyone knows where i can find it please PM me!

Jarosław Szatkowski

Well I started searching in Polish sites about Fallout, but unfortunately he is not a active member of any I checked. But there are several "jarosław szatkowski" in Facebook since I don't have a account can't verify
if JarekFall is one of them. Try your luck.

Well I started searching in Polish sites about Fallout, but unfortunately he is not a active member of any I checked. But there are several "jarosław szatkowski" in Facebook since I don't have a account can't verify
if JarekFall is one of them. Try your luck.

Hey thanks for the research, when I get chance I might just do that. I not only would like his permission and possible help, but he may also have the key to unlock additional secrets of Tactics modding.

Thanks again dude.

Only 1 Jarosław Szatkowski that lives in Poland that uses Facebook :) could this be our guy?? well I'm about to message him and friend him to find out ;) fingers crossed people!

EDIT:

Message sent lets hope for a reply, although his profile looks abandon, not much info, no pics, no posts and no friends there is still a chance! ha sounds like my profile a little.

Last edited:
Only 1 Jarosław Szatkowski that lives in Poland that uses Facebook :) could this be our guy?? well I'm about to message him and friend him to find out ;) fingers crossed people!

EDIT:

Message sent lets hope for a reply, although his profile looks abandon, not much info, no pics, no posts and no friends there is still a chance! ha sounds like my profile a little.

Thanks Rob, you know I am strapped for time, that saves me from finding some to do that.
Feels like a dead end, but we will never know if we don't try.

Many thanks to the creator, jerry-rigging everything with the original Tools was a pain..

Hey guys! I get a trouble with the ammo type. When I writh a new type of ammo in the ammotype.txt , the ft improver identify the new command, so I can create new ammo and weapons that can use it. Te trouble is when I go to the weapon description in gam, in the place that say "ammo" you can't read the ammo type of the gun, it wright nothing, but the gun can still use the new ammo type that you assign it. Can any one help me? I will appreciated.

I want to go very deep in triggers programming. This thread seems to contain the most detailed info regarding trigger's behaviour (thanks to the jarekfall's analysis of GOTOMISSION trigger). The most important thing for me is:
1) How often is a particular trigger started? Does it depend on types of its actions?
2) I suppose it is not possible to have the same trigger started for the second, third etc time before the previous run have been finished. Is it true?
3) Does "B" (blocking) have a real effect on any other action besides WAIT? Or are they so fast it isn't meaningful? Actions seem to be started one after each other from the list without B so there is a non zero probability of timing problems (e.g. when a sequence of Give Item... actions and checking actions for presence in someones inventory are present there) without checking that the previous has been completed ina separate trigger.
4) I suppose that the sequence of first start of every trigger is defined according to their position in the triggers menu.
5) I wish there exists a good programmer with a plenty of free time to recreate a new triggers editor or to hack the existing one with adding more user comfort for fast moving of triggers by a mouse (at least the standard Windows editing features), not jumping to the first page after deleting/copying one trigger etc. It is really a pain to work with more than 200 triggers for more complex maps.

Back