Gallery of Shame, starring Bethesda

Ediros

Water Chip? Been There, Done That
The idea for this thread appeared in my mind, when I noticed the outrage for bugthesda being forgotten by lootboxes etc.

So, to keep my hate up and running, I present to you gallery of shame, where we gather all bugthesda's sins and provide evidence.

Allow me to start:

Rushed Fallout New Vegas and gave 18 MONTHS, raised price of a season pass and released a bunch of shit that could easily be modded, deliberately delayed creation kit to get the money, took away early reviews (after failout 4 reviews and radiant quest galore), horse armour dlc, creation club aka paid mods, making creators of Prey sell the rights to franchise after rushing them and giving them impossible deadlines - tried to do the same with Obsidian and bought Fallout franchise so they could turn into COD clone and milk it dry.

So it's just a way to list shitty things Bethesda has done?

I have a bunch of pics I've saved from various things that I'll just throw in here then. I don't have time to vet them though, so whatever.

Some will be jokes, some will be nitpicky, but some of them are examples of their shitty practices.

9fa83d_5525071.jpg
55e7cd_5525071.jpg
781.jpg
5525001+_42fc4cee845fa56d4231d7d91aafd4d9.png
5663746+_91a93265415ec02497888bad4afa1da9.png
Also+the+leniar+quests+were+shit+_b53b0cfce7a565a36d0e0aee56f76d2c.jpg
Another+comparing+pic+_3643e77df5fa81858467bd07f8f8a998.jpg
Bethesdadrones+never+learn+_088663b0dc03fce1db60bbfa8c1b1639.jpg
How+casualised+it+was+_a7137f33dbf7c8c1ff98c0598220452c.png
I+knew+that+but+never+had+it+in+picture+form+_261c2b94f3885a50405347935a969dcb.jpg
I+really+have+no+idea+where+all+this+hype+came+_a0523f3cb0c05b03f322ed88e02c5b9e.png
Ill+be+saving+that+picture+thank+you+_ba2ad454e87241bba351e56fdff89b9a.png
Paid+mods+welcome+to+the+year+of+2015+where+mod_e8237f_5525001.jpg
People+hating+on+the+truth+_45513dc19def6f336bcb263899b2ff9b.png
Pete SKips Dialogue.png
preorderpl0x.png
rodd.jpg
shiningdlc.png
That+cuck+muffincannibal+s+nostalgia+fanboyism+is+too+strong+_442ef5313a622f77d025db8402d6e7fe.png
They+dont+even+make+good+elder+scroll+games+_946be74bfaf11c261312359607468735.jpg
This+beauty+_52d8ac01844f002e1d663404836bdb0c.png
What+could+have+been+a+better+story+instead+dad+had+_ca6e170780a28557558d08b70eb27cc1.jpg
Yeah Pete, they sure are super-important to you guys at Bethesda..jpg
Yeah+pretty+much+_468da20428becf59b04d5c876419a803.jpg
da.png

To answer your question, Yes. It is basically that. I was thinking of making similar threads for other companies like EA, Ubisoft, Activision, etc.

This way, whenever they announce their new games I will post it everywhere it makes sense to remind gamers how shitty those companies are.

Also, that's a lot of things to go through

Just noticed you already mentioned the no review copies of games. Well they also tried to make paid skyrim mods in the Steam Workshop.

Also I will quote a different post I made in here about how scummy Bethesda is:

You do realize that Bethesda is not a saint and has been using a dirty tactic to acquire/shut down smaller studios and/or sell games made by those studios without sharing the profits for decades now.

They hire the smaller studio to make some game using their Bethesda Softworks as the publisher for the game, make up contracts that bind the smaller studio to what appears to be reasonable clauses (stuff like, you have to have completed this amount of quality work in this time) then they send someone to the smaller studio to check on the progress, then they start saying it is not quality work (because that was never specified in the contract), then they push the smaller game studio to redo it, they do that a few times and the studio can't finish the game in time (or it it does Bethesda sells the game, doesn't pay the smaller studio and still sues the smaller studio because it broke the quality and time clauses), Bethesda put the studio in the courts and sue the studio, smaller studios can't deal with the court fees because they weren't getting paid the money Bethesda owed them (because Bethesda said the work is not of acceptable quality, so no payment), Bethesda sues the hell out of the studio and the studio has no chance, Bethesda usually acquires the studio and/or the IP, Bethesda shuts down the studio and gets all the IPs and can sell the games that studio made for them without sharing the profits. Bethesda wins.
This is well known.
For example there is the Human Head Studios case with Prey 2, there is the Headfirst Productions case where Bethesda didn't pay them what they owed and the studio had to close, how they screwed MADia with the Echelon game, how they acquired Arkane Studio, etc.

Last edited:
Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines(2004 game made by small developers):

Fallout 4(2015 game made by AAA devs with tons of cash):

Fuck, while those videos merely talked about facial animations, let us talk about other animations, shall we? Those people dancing in the background of VtM:B video has more animations than all of Beth's Gaybryo engine combined!

The lesson to be learned here, never ever work with Bethesda. They will take a hammer to your nuts, then scrape up the pieces and say it belongs to them.

All I can say is boycott Bethesda titles, they have stolen enough and will no longer get my hard earned monies.

Okay, I made a decent list, that is only half page long and should be fairly easy to post on the majority of sites.

1.Mod Theft, after mods were announced for the first time on consoles. Many mod creators wrote in their description, they wouldn't work without script extenders, but they were ignored. Lack of any and all supervision and complete disregard for the whole situation.

2.When Skyrim Mods came to PC and Steam Workshop, bugthesda and valve tried to get their grubby hands on things that did not belong to them. Not only that, but because taking a cut from donation is illegal, Valve decided to make all the mods pay 25% of their revenue. To top it all of, the modders would not earn money unless the mod itself generated 100$ minimum. So, basically, both valve and bugthesda, are greedy, shitty companies.

3.Dumbing down their games, until they can be played by a toddler with complete and utter disregard for the lore of the franchises they own – Fallout. There are too many things to list, but some examples:

-Fallout 3 – you can nuke Megaton and become devil incarnate, but if you give 20 bottles of purified water to a beggar outside of Rivet City, you become a saint.

-Fallout 1/2 had dr and dt damage system. Fallout 3 just dr, every enemy was nothing more but a walking bullet sponge.

-Enclave in Fallout 3 – it is absolutely idiotic what bugthesda did to them. Not only there was a handful of them you defeat in Fallout 2, they also turned into some cartoony vilians whose sole purpose is to be evil.

4.They do not understand what RPG means:

-In Fallout 3, Fallout 4, Skyrim, you play a preset protagonist with little to no reason to play anything else or even being capable of being even remotely evil for some decent reason. No matter how you play Fallout 3, the game railroads you multiple times into doing stupid things you don't want to be doing and does not even let you break your game:

-Character exists so the player can complete quest? - Essential, like half of the wasteland:

Doctor Li – essential, Sarah Lyons – Essential, Knight Gunny – essential till you complete his quest, your dad – essential, essential, essential everywhere.

-In comparison, Fallout NV had 1 essential characters, for well explained reason – Yes-Man, who can simply jump from robot to robot.

-Fallout 4 – you have to play as sole survivor who sole existence is to find his stupid goddamn son. You can not say, I don't care about him and to make it worse 'dialogue wheel' and voiced protagonist killed any and all RPG.

-Skyrim – do all the quests, become leader of all factions, save the world from a soul eating wyvern (not dragon, bugthesda couldn't even get that one straight) that guard over there? "Let me guess, somebody stole your sweetroll?"

-Quests in Fallout 4? - Another Settlement needs your help! RADIANT QUEST GALORE!

Or just watch this video:

5.Re-releasing Skyrim ten times over with the same bugs the game came out with. The skyrim came out in 2011, so in 6 years, bugthesda released it on switch, with the same bugs, top quality control here.

6.Paid mods 2.0, aka creation club:

7.Scummy, shitty company, who employs same disgusting tricks as EA:

"Bethesda is not a saint and has been using a dirty tactic to acquire/shut down smaller studios and/or sell games made by those studios without sharing the profits for decades now.

They hire the smaller studio to make some game using their Bethesda Softworks as the publisher for the game, make up contracts that bind the smaller studio to what appears to be reasonable clauses (stuff like, you have to have completed this amount of quality work in this time) then they send someone to the smaller studio to check on the progress, then they start saying it is not quality work (because that was never specified in the contract), then they push the smaller game studio to redo it, they do that a few times and the studio can't finish the game in time (or it it does Bethesda sells the game, doesn't pay the smaller studio and still sues the smaller studio because it broke the quality and time clauses), Bethesda put the studio in the courts and sue the studio, smaller studios can't deal with the court fees because they weren't getting paid the money Bethesda owed them (because Bethesda said the work is not of acceptable quality, so no payment), Bethesda sues the hell out of the studio and the studio has no chance, Bethesda usually acquires the studio and/or the IP, Bethesda shuts down the studio and gets all the IPs and can sell the games that studio made for them without sharing the profits. Bethesda wins.
This is well known.
For example there is the Human Head Studios case with Prey 2, there is the Headfirst Productions case where Bethesda didn't pay them what they owed and the studio had to close, how they screwed MADia with the Echelon game, how they acquired Arkane Studio, etc.

8.Rushed Fallout New Vegas and gave Obsidian 18 MONTHS to finish it, also taking away their bonus for 1 point at metacritic. Not to mention, the reason Fallout New Vegas underscored was due to bugs and being rushed, thus making a game hardly playable. Next patches fixed it, but the damage has been done.

9.After first announcing pass for Fallout 4, they raised the price of it from 30$ to 50$. Not only that, they also withheld GECK for Fallout 4, after their own DLC launched, which were nothing more but glorified mods that the modders themselves could have easily made. In fact they did.

10.Bugthesda took away early review copies, so that their buggy, shitty messes do not get negative score, before launch and preorders.

11.Horse Armour DLC.

Last edited:
Back