Game Idea/Fanfic Idea Fallout: Working Title

TheodoreRoosevelt

First time out of the vault
So i had this idea, (comes from another idea that i saw on reddit) for a Fanfic or even just a Game Idea.

It goes like this:

You and your friend are both very wealthy in the pre-war world. Your friend is throwing a party with various other people business leaders, actors, actresses, and other friends of your friend. The game starts off by you selecting the gender of both you and your friend and customizing the appearance of both characters. Then you select which character you'll "officially" play as for the duration of the main game excluding DLCs (but we'll get too that). The Apocalypse happens, you and your wealthy friend escape to your friend's personal mansions high security vault/bunker. Which just happens to have cryogenic freezing capabilities to keep you both safe and preserved in these boxes. Your friend wakes up before you do and leaves you locked inside a fridge potentially risking your life since well he left you behind too rot. You eventually escape the ice box you were trapped inside of and see no signs of your friend. So you decide to leave the vault/bunker to go and find your friend. Only the trail goes cold after you reach the last clue out in the wasteland. Few weeks later (The DLC Starts) your pip-boy picked up a radio signal coming from a madman/psychopath urging you on to come investigate and "Save your friend" from him, when you arrive you black out from being knocked unconscious, weapons are stripped from you and you now find yourself in a position where you have to make some choices and survive various obstacles in order to reach your friend. The Psychopath has various traps, choices, etc ready for you to encounter. As you survive and eventually reach your friend your faced with a dilemma, kill yourself to save your friend, or save yourself and shoot your friend who you known since the pre-war days since y'all were little kids. The various difficult choices would have something to do with the people you encountered in the wasteland and it becomes a situation where you need to try and either come up with a way to save them or let them die in order to reach your actual friend these could be simple puzzles that you must do correctly if you want everyone to walk away alive. Similar to Mass Effect 2's suicide mission you needed to choose the correct person for the supposed job you're sending them off to do but make one wrong move and you could lose them. Anyway at the end when you reach your friend your face with the dilemma, but there is a third option too convince the psychopath/madman with a speech check to just "let you both go" this will lead to many different dialogue choices which in some of them the psychopath could reject your reasoning and demand you shoot you or your friend locking you out of either of the rest of the dialogue choices assuming you don't pick the correct one. If you choose to shoot yourself to save your friend, you continue onward on your adventure as your friend from level 1 and have to re-level your character again once you're freed.

what do you guys think of this idea? A bit too ridiculous? or doesn't make any sense? or is it just a stupid idea?

Kind of an interesting idea, but why would the Psychopath part only happen with DLC? Seems like releasing a game half finished and then forcing you to pay for the rest of the story.

Personally I think this concept would work better as it’s own rpg game, separate from Fallout.

Kind of an interesting idea, but why would the Psychopath part only happen with DLC? Seems like releasing a game half finished and then forcing you to pay for the rest of the story.

Personally I think this concept would work better as it’s own rpg game, separate from Fallout.

my idea was that the "main story" would be entirely different from the story about finding your lost friend got himself captured. though it seems like it would be the main story regardless. that is why i kind of justified as DLC for a Game Idea because it wouldn't be the main story arc, just one of the first you encounter when leaving the private vault/bunker.

Back