Fallout 2 mod Get a perk at each level

Both nkchan16's and mine work with old sfall 3.3. My earlier post is about a potential glitch/crash in nkchan16's variant.

Okay cool I went on and installed this mod and it seems to be working well. Thanks!

However, I've only recently realized I shouldn't had downloaded this mod just yet. I want to download F2WR v. 2.3d, but the installation.txt states that I can't have any other mod downloaded before F2WR, only Kilap's RP, then I could download this mod.

Should I uninstall this mod and then reinstall it after I downloaded F2WR or do you think this mod(PerkEveryLevel.7z) is simple enough that I don't have to do so.

Also, how do I properly uninstall this mod If I have to do the former?

@KevinV6
Relax man.. the "Perk every level" and "Perk Every Level Nova Rain" are just global scripts check the zipped mod archive you've downloaded ( it contains only single .int file which goes to Fallout2/data/scripts folder) in order to uninstall it you would simply need only to remove the same file you've copied from the zipped mod archive ( since it's a global script it starts with gl_PerkEveryLevel.int or something similar global scripts always start their name with gl_*.int ). As for compatibility, it should be compatible with Magnus's weapons redone, although I've never used it and don't know whether the mod's installer (if it has any) will or will not be picky about any extra files in scripts folder.

@KevinV6
Relax man.. the "Perk every level" and "Perk Every Level Nova Rain" are just global scripts check the zipped mod archive you've downloaded ( it contains only single .int file which goes to Fallout2/data/scripts folder) in order to uninstall it you would simply need only to remove the same file you've copied from the zipped mod archive ( since it's a global script it starts with gl_PerkEveryLevel.int or something similar global scripts always start their name with gl_*.int ). As for compatibility, it should be compatible with Magnus's weapons redone, although I've never used it and don't know whether the mod's installer (if it has any) will or will not be picky about any extra files in scripts folder.

Okay thats a slight relief. I know that the PerkEveryLevel mod only uses a single .int file but I'm new to modding F2 so I was just being cautious since you have to be precise with these things. So do I simply go to the mod file and delete it or do I do something else?

I have a feeling that I'm going to uninstall this mod for a bit anyways as I recalled having the YAAM mod chosen when I installed RP; I think having YAAM will heavily interfere with F2WR as it may cause damage problems, at least that's what I heard from many others.
I went to my ddraw.ini and changed the ammo mod option(is it damage formula?) back to vanilla, but I don't know if this will work as I remember people acting as if they have to do a fresh reinstall of both Fallout 2 and RP again and not choose YAAM or any of the other ammo mods in RP's Installer itself, just the vanilla.

A reply isn't needed but it will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

So do I simply go to the mod file and delete it or do I do something else?
Yes, just delete the single int file.

I went to my ddraw.ini and changed the ammo mod option(is it damage formula?) back to vanilla, but I don't know if this will work as I remember people acting as if they have to do a fresh reinstall of both Fallout 2 and RP again and not choose YAAM or any of the other ammo mods in RP's Installer itself, just the vanilla.
If you use RP installer and installed YAAM (which is checked by default) by accident, you don't need to do a fresh reinstall if you want to revert to vanilla state and install F2WR.
Just change DamageFormula to 0 in ddraw.ini, and go to your DATA\Proto\Items\ and delete the following files:
00000008.pro
00000029.pro
00000030.pro
00000031.pro
00000032.pro
00000033.pro
00000034.pro
00000035.pro
00000036.pro
00000037.pro
00000038.pro
00000039.pro
00000095.pro
00000111.pro
00000121.pro
00000163.pro
00000274.pro
00000357.pro
00000358.pro
00000359.pro
00000360.pro
00000361.pro
00000362.pro
00000363.pro
00000382.pro

Okay thanks NovaRain! When I delete the .int file and Install F2WR can I instantly download PerkEveryLevel again and keep my save file or should I start a new game to be safe?

I ask this because I already leveled up my character a few times and have a few more perks than I would be allowed thanks to the perk mod. I was hoping I can continue my save game, assuming that once I get everything in working order, the game itself won't notice I deleted this mod in the first place and I could go on with my game.

Thank you NovaRain as well as gustarballs1983's for both your help. If anything hopefully some other newcomers wanting to install F2 mods can learn from these interactions, I know "I" gain a lot of insight from doing so. I will most likely continue asking more questions on the F2WR forum for now.

It's the 'ol problem "will it work without starting a new game?" eh?
Look.. be more patient next time be sure everything is set up correctly and then and *only* then start your playthrough. Otherwise You'll probably be forced to start anew.

Problem is I have no idea whether PerkEveryLevel.int would kick in just like that, if You removed it once. In any case, it definetly ain't retroactive, so if You've gained some levels without that mod You've probably already missed out on some extra perks. Not to mention that Weapon's Redone probably requires new start.

Can You Make Fallout 1 Version (Fixt Compatible) ?

@Huseyin1453tr
This mod in Fixt Version is not possible due to sfall made for Fallout 1 engine does not support global scripting.

However there's an other way around. Play Fallout: Et Tu instead. Fallout: Et Tu is Fallout 1 ported to Fallout 2 engine. It's available here at NMA. Some tinkering is required to make it work, however it's worth it. Fallout:Et Tu is fallout1 with all the modern goodies from fallout2 including latest Sfall, some new ported weapons secretly hidden in the game, possibility to mod it easly, support for global scripts, and more.

Hello everyone. I play on Fixed Edition 3.5 SFALL4.2.4 extendet and i cant run these script.
If I use GL_PerkFreq.int i have drop out on level 2.
If I use GL_PerkEveryLevel.int i have nothing.
Please help.

Hello everyone. I play on Fixed Edition 3.5 SFALL4.2.4 extendet and i cant run these script.
If I use GL_PerkFreq.int i have drop out on level 2.
If I use GL_PerkEveryLevel.int i have nothing.
Please help.
It doesn't change perk requirements so you won't be able to get a perk for the first two levels.

Спасибо за ответ. В папке DATA нет папки scripts, пришлось создать её самостоятельно. Насколько мне позволяет понять уровень моего английского - "It doesn't change perk requirements so you won't be able to get a perk for the first two levels." первые два уровня не выбирать перки, а после 3 всё зарабоатет как надо.

Nice mod, but if i may remark its a little bit op, i think a perk every two level would be more balanced. If someon would make that i would much appreciate it.

Back