Getting Mapper to work under GOG/Sfall

HeavySteelRoller

First time out of the vault
Tried searching forums for this without luck. Want to get Mapper going for FO2 GOG. When installing mapper it says fallout 2 isnt installed, which I accept might be a result of it not being a vanilla original version.

But after getting mapper installed it wont run.
After several screen flashes and a brief frame of the mapper screen appearing, it pops up with some kind of crash error.

attachment.php

I already changed the mapper2.cfg to direct it to where the master.dat is and the master patches, and turned librarian=1. That allowed the program to run. But then it still crashed.

Also, I upgraded the SFall mod to 3.3 using the installer (GOG version comes with 3.1 or 3.2, not sure which).

Attachments

• mapper error.jpg
    mapper error.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 795
I managed to get it to work by removing the locations for critter and master patches in the config file. That allowed the program to run.

But now I have the problem of not being able to Save maps. I remember having this problem a long time ago when I used mapper before but I dont remember how I solved it. And I couldnt find it in the forum either (the search function wont accept all of my search terms)

I would have edited the main topic to update with this info but it wouldnt let me (nma site says I need to "lengthen my message to at least 1 character").

EDIT

I figured out how to get it to work. However the colors are messed up a little bit just like running vanilla fallout 2 is without the SFall ddraw.dll present.

For GOG version you have to:
* Set Master.dat and Critters.dat location to the "C:\Fallout 2\Master.dat" and ditto for critters.dat.
* Set the Critter Patches and Master Patches locations both to the "C:\Fallout 2\data" folder.
(If Fallout 2 is somewhere else for you then alter accordingly)

Last edited:
Back