Gob, the bartender who knew my name.

Von Drunky

Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!
In Megaton, if you buy things from the ghoul bartender Gob he will end the conversation by referring to you as Drunky. How cool is that, seriously?

You want to know something strange? The more time I spend thinking about FO3, the more I want to replay it and kill every single NPC dead.

Because... because they deserve it.

Or I could just buy a stress ball, I guess. It's a shame tho. A shame that the primary feeling towards all the NPCs is a desire to wipe them off the face of the wasteland. They're all so damn stupid and out of place. The experience would probably be a lot better if it was just the PC and the wasteland.

At least then it would make sense the the super-mart was still stocked with food :D

I think it's that idiotic mannequin blank stare with that ridiculous twinkle in their eyes no matter the ambient light that initially gets you. Then the fact that every character looks related. Then finally they open their badly animated mouths and speak poorly written inanities while gesticulating like retards.

Who wouldn't want to kill them all?

On my final session of Fallout 3, I decided to make a good character, and I simply couldn't do it. The urge to kill these morons was just too great.

It wasn't long after that I just uninstalled the game. I currently have no plans or desires to ever install it again.

k9wazere said:
You want to know something strange? The more time I spend thinking about FO3, the more I want to replay it and kill every single NPC dead.

Because... because they deserve it.

Or I could just buy a stress ball, I guess. It's a shame tho. A shame that the primary feeling towards all the NPCs is a desire to wipe them off the face of the wasteland. They're all so damn stupid and out of place. The experience would probably be a lot better if it was just the PC and the wasteland.

At least then it would make sense the the super-mart was still stocked with food :D
lol, truer words couldn't be spoken. That's what I did with morrowind. Eventually I just gave up trying to grasp at some faint reason why I should care about these moronic NPCs with zero personality. It was like they were crying out to me to end their ill conceived half baked existence and release them from bethesdas spell of stupidity. So I ended up slaughtering a whole town then I shut the game down and never played it again. I gave it away to my bud.

The comment about it being better if there were no NPCs and just the wasteland is extremely astute. It's pathetic what some games have come to nowadays.

bah, you dorks are just mad because you never made it into the game.

But you're right about the lack of memorable characters. I remember the first time I played Fallout 2 and Sulik got gun down, I actually felt sad. It was pretty far into the game, I took his spear and kept it till the end, i guess i was either symbolic or maybe I was on drugs.

I dunno. I cared about Dogmeat. He'd help me kill innocent civilians. I sort of liked some of the folks in Rivet City. I liked the Outcasts. I liked Betty/Dr. Braun. I liked Fawkes (though was deeply annoyed by the lack of Fawkes fixing the main quest for me). I liked Three Dog's radio presence (if not his face to face presence). I liked Agatha.

I don't think it was quite as bleak as y'all make it out to be.

Fawkes was awesome, Dr. Zimmer was an asshole. Also Tenpenny, I hated that guy.

Yazman said:
Also Tenpenny, I hated that guy.

As did I. I attempted to enslave him with the mesmeretron that you get from Paradise Falls, which didn't work.

Instead he began attacking me, but apparently the rest of the NPCs didn't perceive my action as the original hostile action, so his guards proceeded to gun him down. His own damn guards! And after he was dead life in Tenpenny Tower went along as if nothing ever happened, another shinning example of how badly designed the game is and how little thought was placed in it.

I dunno, "nothing happen" seems a better choice then having the entire tower actually care. Also, Gustavo mentions being in charge if you kill him and not ever allowing ghouls in. Since it's only him that acknowledges Tenpenny's death, you can only theorize the guards and the like are making sure the citizens don't know he's dead. The guy wasn't liked either, so why would they care if he died? His death doesn't make them have to leave, afterall. And considering every other town goes hostile if you kill their leaders, I doubt how Tenpenny tower works is an unintentional design >_> If anything, the guards should try to kill you discreetly after you kill Tenpenny. FIrst, they use you as an excuse to nix the guy, then they get rid of you in a way that it doesn't go public.

nemetoad said:
I dunno, "nothing happen" seems a better choice then having the entire tower actually care. Also, Gustavo mentions being in charge if you kill him and not ever allowing ghouls in. Since it's only him that acknowledges Tenpenny's death, you can only theorize the guards and the like are making sure the citizens don't know he's dead. The guy wasn't liked either, so why would they care if he died? His death doesn't make them have to leave, afterall. And considering every other town goes hostile if you kill their leaders, I doubt how Tenpenny tower works is an unintentional design >_> If anything, the guards should try to kill you discreetly after you kill Tenpenny. FIrst, they use you as an excuse to nix the guy, then they get rid of you in a way that it doesn't go public.

Right I understand that, but what I meant when I said nothing happened was that there was no acknowledgment from anyone that he was gone. Now I mean I can make myself think that people didn't actually like him, and that Gustavo takes over.

And the whole town going hostile on me, wouldn't be ideal I agree, but maybe Gustavo confronting me about it... I mean something. I don't know it just felt broken to me, and further ruined the immersion.

el1tevandal said:
another shinning example of how badly designed the game is and how little thought was placed in it.
Can you complain about anything less minuscule than that?
Obviously this "Shinning example," barely affected anyone's opinion of the game.
If you're upset that Bethesda bought out Black Isle and that Bethesda didn't make FO3 like Black Isle Made the other Fallouts, complain about Black Isle selling it to Bethesda.

Westside_Rep said:
el1tevandal said:
another shinning example of how badly designed the game is and how little thought was placed in it.
Can you complain about anything less minuscule than that?
Obviously this "Shinning example," barely affected anyone's opinion of the game.
If you're upset that Bethesda bought out Black Isle and that Bethesda didn't make FO3 like Black Isle Made the other Fallouts, complain about Black Isle selling it to Bethesda.

Small details are part of a game's charm or lack of it.

Black Isle didn't sell Fallout to Bethesda. Herve Caen did and yes we have complained alot about him.

Yazman said:
Fawkes was awesome, Dr. Zimmer was an asshole. Also Tenpenny, I hated that guy.

i agree with you, its so satisfying when harkness caps his ass >:D. also, i killed tenpenny and dropped him off his balcony... before letting in the feral ghouls to masacre the populace of his miserable tower. the stupid, bigoted, snooty... ahem :P
also, did anyone here feel inclined to kill sticky in little lamplight? my god, the partyhatted little blighter is SO Annoying.

el1tevandal said:
Yazman said:
Also Tenpenny, I hated that guy.

As did I. I attempted to enslave him with the mesmeretron that you get from Paradise Falls, which didn't work.

Instead he began attacking me, but apparently the rest of the NPCs didn't perceive my action as the original hostile action, so his guards proceeded to gun him down. His own damn guards! And after he was dead life in Tenpenny Tower went along as if nothing ever happened, another shinning example of how badly designed the game is and how little thought was placed in it.

i tried that and his head exploded :P.

I liked Tenpenny. Unfortunately Bethesda didn't like him which is why you get get good karma for getting Roy into the tower (and he kills everyone). Attempting to kill Roy then gives you negative karma....

The karma thing was just not quite right.

Back