Goddammit, I hate being wrong - showrunners fucked New Vegas

I don't think he even wrote for fallout 2 wasn't he a level designer? And didn't he mostly work on new vegas DLC?

I don't think he even wrote for fallout 2 wasn't he a level designer? And didn't he mostly work on new vegas DLC?

He did a lot more.

upload_2024-4-29_1-23-0.png

upload_2024-4-29_1-23-33.png

Yes, they were not the same group...in Fallout 1.

They've been the same group since Fallout 2 and Dick Richardson explaining they controlled the Vaults.
That doesn't mean Vault-Tec was the same group, they could have been just the contractors building the vaults according to government plans.

That doesn't mean Vault-Tec was the same group, they could have been just the contractors building the vaults according to government plans.

I mean, the Vaults are what Vault-Tec built prior to the show acting like they own everything. The Vaults are all for the Enclave and their scientists are all doing experiments for the Enclave (who else would be collecting data post-apocalypse?). Maybe that's splitting hairs but it seems like it's a sham company.

"authorial intent" only really matters insofar as one wants to determine the author's intent to aid in interpretation. However, the author's intent and the literal text can also be completely different things. Bad writers have this problem all the time because they are either not literate enough to communicate what they mean, or they're too stupid to convey their own thoughts.

"authorial intent" only really matters insofar as one wants to determine the author's intent to aid in interpretation. However, the author's intent and the literal text can also be completely different things. Bad writers have this problem all the time because they are either not literate enough to communicate what they mean, or they're too stupid to convey their own thoughts.

I bring it up because a lot of people have a habit of attributing meaning to works that are fairly literal.

Tolkien commented on this with the fact that if he actually wrote LOTR as an allegory for WW2, Sauron and Saruman would have won with the latter making his own Ring and dividing the world between them.

Probably because he helped make Fallout 2 and New Vegas.
But he had nothing to do with the TV show. So, again, why should we care about what he thinks? Chris's, and i'm honestly gonna add Tim, Sawyer and everyone else that was involved with the games but not the show, opinion is not more valuable than other people's opinion just because he was involved with the games.

Last edited:
[His] opinion is not more valuable than other people's opinion just because he was involved with the games.
I disagree. IMO [:smug:] the opinion from anyone who was a part of something has more weight on that subject than an observer after the fact. For sake of argument, only those men and women of the Moon mission (both capsule and ground crew) have the opinions that matter; among them at the top, the ones who set foot there.

Tolkien's opinion would carry the greatest weight upon derivative fiction, and especially upon any analysis or documentary of The LoTR (and the Hobbit).

Simply put, they know what can be documented, as well as the extreme esoterica, and their own internal/personal intentions and reasoning for why it is the way it is. This is true of fiction, illustration, fine arts, music —whose opinion is weightier on Stairway to Heaven (Randy California aside) Led Zepplin members, Ann Wilson, or Dolly Parton?

With Fallout, it's the original developers, with Fallout 2 it is still the original developers (of Fallout 1); the foundation upon which Fallout 2 is built. Needless to mention that the Fallout 2 crew messed it up; it's why there are talking plants and bespectacled scorpions with a hobby in chess and locksmithing......and Melchor.

Whose opinion on Fallout (1) do you attribute more weight, Mark O'Green, or Emil Pagliarulo?

Last edited:
Back