GTA IV

PastaMasta

Mildly Dipped
There was probably a thread already going over this, but what we're your feelings on GTA4? Did you enjoy it?

I personally think it is pretty good once you get to the second island, some of the missions have the Tarantino feel about them too. Has some nice plot twists too but nothing special.

It's exactly what they said it was going to be.

Which is why I find it funny that so many people expected it to be San Andreas HD despite their constant claims that it wasn't.

generalissimofurioso said:
It's exactly what they said it was going to be.

Which is why I find it funny that so many people expected it to be San Andreas HD despite their constant claims that it wasn't.
I enjoyed San Andreas for what it was, and I currently play quite the bit of San Andreas multiplayer. Even if the majority of people on it are knobs. :(

San Andreas was great.

But I'd really hate it if every GTA had to one-up it.

I'm glad they toned the series down, it just makes Saint's Row 2 look even more ridiculous.

San Andreas was great.

But I'd really hate it if every GTA had to one-up it.

I'm glad they toned the series down, it just makes Saint's Row 2 look even more ridiculous.
Saints row 2 looks terrible.

PS : Your avatar is fucked up, seriously. :lol:

PastaMasta said:
PS : Your avatar is fucked up, seriously. :lol:

I wanted to use this

ThePunisher-TheOriginofMicrochip-1.jpg

But it doesn't look right shrunk down.

SA was my favourite GTA.

I have GTAIV, but haven't got to play too much of it yet, as MGS4 has consumed my life.

However, I don't like how the missions never stop coming... I hate that fucking cell phone.

You do realize that you can put the phone on sleep mode so no one will call right?

I thought that then people won't like you because you aren't doing their side missions.

Nope.

It just gives you the freedom to tackle shit at your own pace.

It surprises me how many people fail to note this is an option that's clearly mentioned in the manual.

Then I remember no one reads manuals anymore.

Nope.

It just gives you the freedom to tackle shit at your own pace.

It surprises me how many people fail to note this is an option that's clearly mentioned in the manual.

Then I remember no one reads manuals anymore.

I didn't read the manual :oops: .

Thanks for letting me know though.

Never was a huge fan of the series besides GTA 2 and GTA London. Thought GTA4 was great though. And I'm just glad that it wasn't San Andreas HD.

IV was great, a whole lot of people crapped their pants because the game didn't have as much customization or rediculous bullshit as SA or SR, but I was very happy how this one came out, they made IV more mature story-wise than the other GTA games, which apparently pissed off alot of the wailing little kids that play GTA.

Fuck em', it was a good game.

I'm really waiting to play it on PC, and I'm excited to hear about more mature story, but I think Mafia 2 will probably still beat it in the story department.

The Raging Russian said:
IV was great, a whole lot of people crapped their pants because the game didn't have as much customization or rediculous bullshit as SA or SR, but I was very happy how this one came out, they made IV more mature story-wise than the other GTA games, which apparently pissed off alot of the wailing little kids that play GTA.

Fuck em', it was a good game.

I'm far from a "little kid" but I rather enjoyed the customization in SA, and I'm finding the clothing in GTAIV to be a tad bland for my taste.

However, I'm enjoying the actual gameplay and story of GTA IV to be superior to that of SA, which is all that really matters.

Can't wait for the PC release either.

The Raging Russian said:
I was very happy how this one came out, they made IV more mature story-wise than the other GTA games, which apparently pissed off alot of the wailing little kids that play GTA.

Wailing little kids? Did you even play the originals? A light, dark ironic, comedic tone is the staple of GTA, one they're shedding more and more of with every new iteration.

I really missed driving busloads of schoolkids to sausage factories and killing groups of Hare Krishna guys to get the Gouranga bonus in GTA 3+.

Back