Help please! on adding new sprites on Fallout Tactics

Krishjan

First time out of the vault
Hi, I'm new in modding here I've been trying to add the new sprites of the T51b Power Armour in my Fallout Tactics, I downloaded the sprites here on No mutants allowed. but somehow I can't figure it out how to do this can anyone please guide me or teach me how to add this file on my Fallout Tactics Please, I know this kinda an old game but would anyone reconsider still to help me out on this one :)

Last edited:
As I found out, there seems to be no way to apply new armours to the game unless you use FT Improver.exe to play the game. You can of course simply REPLACE a .spr of the original game, let's say power armor original game sprite with t51b Power Armor. If your goal is to ADD a new type of armor then you must do the following :

1. Install FT Improver to your Fallout tactics folder.
2. Open Improver_data/ArmourTypes.txt
3. Add a line at the bottom that looks like this : {PowerT51b;Pow;0;0;0} ("Pow" is the sound of the armor when moving with it)

This will create a new type of armour titled "PowerT51b" for male AND female (same sprite for both).
The name of the sprite file will have to be the same (PowerT51b.spr) and will have to be located in core/sprites/characters.

Last steps :
1. Open Ft Improver.exe and then Entities editor
2. Open original Power Armor .ent file
3. Save it using another name
4. Under Armor option, choose your new armor name
5. Open Level editor and place your new armor somehere in a map

Using FT Improver.exe to play the game, your new armour should work perfectly!!

Great!!

If you are interested, I also found a way to make characters use all weapons with regular guy clothes and vault suits. This is really not the best, as animations are created from other mouvements they can make, so they dont really hold guns or spear in their hands when shooting, but at least they shoot and attack, even with melee weapons. And they fake it quite well.

This is interesting, jerry-rigging can produce very good results. You're saying that the sprites will be able to use the weapon, but instead of seeing a weapon in his hand he will gesture like so and fake it..? Please, share :)

OH, GOSH. I am very sorry. I just checked for the sprites with all animations I talked about and only found the man and women with vault suit modified. I really think I did most of the others, but cannot find them anymore!! I may have overwritten them, as they at first look exactly like the others! Shit. Anyways, download this, take a look, test them (the vault suits), and tell me what you think! Maybe there is a way to do something better than that, but it is a beginning. And when I'll have all of them ready, I will put them to download in Mod DB.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22951716/VaultAllAnimations.zip

Enjoy!

As I found out, there seems to be no way to apply new armours to the game unless you use FT Improver.exe to play the game. You can of course simply REPLACE a .spr of the original game, let's say power armor original game sprite with t51b Power Armor. If your goal is to ADD a new type of armor then you must do the following :

1. Install FT Improver to your Fallout tactics folder.
2. Open Improver_data/ArmourTypes.txt
3. Add a line at the bottom that looks like this : {PowerT51b;Pow;0;0;0} ("Pow" is the sound of the armor when moving with it)

This will create a new type of armour titled "PowerT51b" for male AND female (same sprite for both).
The name of the sprite file will have to be the same (PowerT51b.spr) and will have to be located in core/sprites/characters.

Last steps :
1. Open Ft Improver.exe and then Entities editor
2. Open original Power Armor .ent file
3. Save it using another name
4. Under Armor option, choose your new armor name
5. Open Level editor and place your new armor somehere in a map

Using FT Improver.exe to play the game, your new armour should work perfectly!!

Hi there do you happen to know another way around by know to add another armor without the FL improver? that txt that specifies the armor in the game should be located somewhere so in theory, should be possible to change it in the source.

In fact you can add as many armors in the game you want without FT Improver. The only downside is that you can't add new sprite animations/sounds for them without FT Improver. To add a new armor using existing sprites, just open Entity editor, open any armor in core/entities/items/Armor, change it's sprite in Armour/Armour Type segment, and all other infos further down (like the armor protection under Effect/Derived, save that under a new name and you are good to go.

This said, you still can change the item sprite, even if the character animation sprite has so stay vanilla. This can be changed under Armour/Image/Sprite. You choose an item .spr there.

Do you know that that [five year old] Dropbox link is a 404?

Oh yess I removed it. Not useful anymore as I now have all char animations done, not only Vault suit. You can have them all by downloading my mod, along with thousands of others files, especially sprites. But if you prefer I can make a new link.

I need help I'm trying to a a suit of power armor into the game but I can't find the .ent file for the power armor

Hi,

The .ent files of all armors are located in core/items/armors/. I think the power armor is named "bosPower.ent"

Back