Help with F1se freezes when Loading certain files

PipBoy2020

First time out of the vault
Sum up: So the Issue is that when I try to click on one of the clips I saved where I want to tweak my radiation levels (The ones circled in red in the pic) f1se freezes. How can I avoid this and get to edit and save my save file?

I followed FALCHE and F1SE threads over google, but while some seemed to see the problem solved...

None does explain what they did.

My goal is to reduce my rads from 2.000 to 0, 25 or 50, in order to avoid having to replay that part of the game (As my character got out, but dies one day after during travel).

My plan is to use F1SE to manually reduce the radiation level.

6ntfsy.png

The issue comes when I try to load any file that comes from my current one.
Tried different naming, inside the GLOW, first next piece of map (I can move 1 tile before dying).
Saving on top of a working file (No longer works after saving).

20fdfrp.png

Any help with the issue will be much appreciated :·3
Also any alternative solution that allows me to reach the medic or the radaway store will work.

no idea about ur error,however he has stopped updating f1se and now has an editor for both fo1 and fo2,recommend using it instead

http://www.nma-fallout.com/threads/fallout-2-savegame-editor.185130/

Ok! So I still die, but this one link did work! So thanks a lot for that, feels like a huge step forward.

Now. I set the Radiation level to 1.
I ran this Geuger meter and shows 1.
Take one radaway just in case (New geuger test throws a 0, so that looks good)
I check on my rad-X resistance is still 100% (Wish I knew 100% was necesary before I was mid Glow maze)

I go on the map and...... again DIE after 1 TILE.

Any clues?

I wonder if you are not actually dying from too low stat points. Some withdrawal effect kicks in after a certain time and pulls down a stat to zero, and that's why you kick the bucket.
At least I think I remember something like that could happen.
Check if you have a stat that could be affected and take an appropriete drug, maybe that will save you.

I wonder if you are not actually dying from too low stat points. Some withdrawal effect kicks in after a certain time and pulls down a stat to zero, and that's why you kick the bucket.
At least I think I remember something like that could happen.
Check if you have a stat that could be affected and take an appropriete drug, maybe that will save you.

Not only SPECIAL stats can drop below zero when highly radiated. At highier rad count also healing rate goes down it can go below zero as well, and this might be a reason someone dies after traveling. because with negative healing rate character looses health over time. Simply after One's health drops to zero he/she dies. so it's just a matter of time with higher irradiation state.

those states are mentioned in Per's guide to Fo1:

RemCount.jpg

additionally there is no such thing as killed by radiation in Fallout 1 it's only with one of above states is applied to character that can cause death eigther by one of the SPECIALs reaching 0 or simply by passing time with rem count 300=< or with EN 10 rem count >=450. if faster healing taken as perk and EN10 states =>600 rems or =>1000 rems always cause health drop since in Fallout 1 maximum health regen is 6 when played legitly, so a debuff of -10 leaves character with -4 health regen so actually a health drop -4 HP every six hours or up to -9 hp every six hours with standard 4 EN build setup which yealds only 1 health regen pre debuff.

EDIT: Had to change the rem table to picture as applying it manually did not work correctly.

As for the person that is having problems with dying from radiation, and does not hesitate to use Vad's editor He/She can simply edit the health regen to something above 10 (game engine does not have a logical limt of that value) and nullify stats debuff and He/She should be fine.

Last edited:
Back