How did you discover Fallout ?

When I was a lot younger (a lot?) I went to this summer technology-type camp. We basically did rocketry, riflery, archery, played warhammer, and played computer games the whole time. One of the kids I met there had the original Fallout, this is when it like first came out, and he loaded it onto the computers at camp. This, however, was like the last day of camp, so I only could play the very begining, up until I left the vault cave. Needless to say, the first thing I did was borrow his CD and full installed it on my own computer

When Fallout first came out I saw a review for it in a local PC Games magazine, and it was given the highest rating the magazine had ever given to a game, so it was natural that I went on to check it out.

My friend brought it over and we played it nearly a year after it came out... i remember seeing it on the shelf, picking it up, taking a glance, and putting it back.

i didnt know about fallout until the 2 came out in 1999, it was for rental in my local video store and i am a sucker for futuristic RPG. BUT i didnt have a gaming P.C back then and I had to wait till 2001 (i got a gaming quality P.C duh) for playing the game.

Ok, heres mine.

Up until the time I got FO I tended to dislike RPG's.
One day, I was looking at the bargin shelf and saw the Fallout/Fallout 2 dual jewl case, and te power armour looked coo, plus the general post-appc setting seemed cool, and it was only $10 for both, so I bought them.
I installed, and played them, an loved it.
Then I discoverd melting raiders with my turbo plasma rifle.
An once I got to FO2, I discoverd whoring out female PC's at the den.............

Funny story...

I first heard about it from a friend who bought Fallout. He loaned me the game to try it out, and I was quite impressed by it. I did a medium install of the game. My friend told me to loan it to another friend who lived down the road from me for a weekend so he could do a full installation.

But the thing is, some "juice stain" dried up onto the bottom of the CD somewhere along the way of when I last played the game to when he tried to install it. The dude then blamed me for the juice stain, but I don't neccessarily do that to my games... :roll:

So he then proceeds to heat up a paperclip to make an attempt at scratching the stain off.

I think it's safe to assume at this point that the CD is beyond repair.

So all three of us couldn't play Fallout anymore. :sad:

About two years later, I saw the Dual-Jewel 10 buckaroo package at WallyWorld and grabbed it on sight. But it wouldn't even be until two years later that I finally beat the two games. That's right about the time that I first joined NMA.

It's kind of funny how most people found fallout in other routes as opposed to buying it right off the rack shortly after it's release. I think it has something to do with marketing. I remember when Half Life came out... it was everywhere. If you were a gamer, you had no choice but to get it. Suprisingly Fallout was one of those games that was so good you eventally end up playing it.

I got my first PC and internet connection in 2000. The first thing I did was search for a download of Wasteland, since I was always pissed off that the PC version had better graphics than the Apple II one. In my search I came upon this site, which mentioned Fallout. After a few months of playing WL I started looking for Fallout in stores, and when I couldn't find it and the Iplay store refused to process my order for it I decided to download the demo. After playing the demo my mission in life was to aquire the game, and I finally managed to get FO 1&2 from Ebay for $10. Of course afterwards I started seeing it in bargain bins everywhere.

Several months ago, found the Fallout 1/2 dual jewel at an EB Games for $7.50. Finally installed it a few weeks ago, and armed with a few walkthroughs from GameFAQS.com, am ready to start my journey...

Geez, I don't remember how I found out about this game and it was only a week ago. :shock:

Oh well...I ordered it thursday, and it hasn't arrived yet. :evil:

I saw a Techtv type show that talked about, and showed the demo. I downloaded the demo and fell in love with it. Bought it the day it came out.....

So long ago.

Was going through the shelves at a Electronics Boutique, and saw post-nuclear.

Opened it the box cover, and said... "Ohhhh, yeeeeaaahh."

One of the guys in my graduate dorm suite had it and was really into the variations in Fallout 1. I remember Junktown especially.

a couple of years later I saw it and bought the jewel case. I liked it so much that I bought tactics, and thus learned disappointment.

Well back in 1998 a friend of mine showed introduced me to Fallout 2. But I didn't really get hooked at that time, then this summer my uncle found his old copy of fallout 1 and from there onwards I decided to play both fallout 1 and 2. I've finished 1 and playing 2 at the moment.

But the worst thing is that I can't find a legal version of the fallouts in Russia, so I have to be content with playing a crappy Russian translation. I though of buying the boxed sets of Amazon but my father said "NO! Hackers will get my credit card number!" explanations about encryption didn't help... I would really like to get boxed sets of both the fallouts.

Blind luck.

A friend was ordering stuff from back when some mail-order company had a computer game club similar to Columbia House/BMG/etc but he didn't want to fill in the required initial order of six. So I took three - Fallout 1 and 2 and a third which I don't remember what it was at the moment. Probably irrelevant anyways. :)

I got hooked on Fallout 2 in '98. A friend in high school kept talking about this new amazing RPG, so I asked my mommy to buy it for X-mas (STFU I was 14 at the time). I remember playing for hours on my mom's work laptop, then suddenly realizing, as I looked over my shoulder, "Shit, It's already 7 AM. Time to go to school".

I played Fallout 1 a year after. Although Fallout 2 is more complex and has a bigger game world, etc, etc, I think Fallout 1 has a more..hmmm... genuine " nuked wasteland" atmosphere. Those vertibirds and the super-tech enclave base make FO2 a bit more more cyberpunk.

On the other hand, there's nothing like a critical hit death animation with the pulse rifle...

A friend of mine told me about Fallout a few months before Fallout 2 came out. He let me borrow his disc and I played it for hours and hours and hours...I was hooked.

this is my story:

my brother bought a demo-cd once (loooong time ago) he checked it out , played the fallout-demo that was on, it real cool. So he showed it to me; se isnt this cool (helped me stealing a minigun and blowing meat of the woman i stole it from, think it was a woman) ..........later he got me to play it when he had had it for a very long time , he actually had fo2 to at that time, but he didnt live at home then, and i hadnt come very far so i didnt think it was so cool, then he left to the place he lived , and as u migtht have guessed , i played no-brain games like red alert and got stupid..........BUT when he came back on holiday , he said :played more fallout? nah... dont know what to do ,i said (an excuse). But he showed me: go there, do that , and all that, he! first time i saw ghouls i thaugt they were super-mutants, saved my game, called it "gulp, super-mutants" hehehehe....................oh, i nearly cried when i finished it , and ofcourse, my computer was then to old to play fo2............

I got Fo1 from a friend of mine whose computer wasn't fast enough. I played it for a while, got addicted, then I bought the Fallout/Fallout 2 Dual-Jewel-Something.

Back