How do I change the Fallout: Nevada mod resolution?

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by basstheratass, Jun 8, 2020.

Tags:
  1. basstheratass

basstheratass CEO of cock and ball torture

Jun 8, 2020
    I can change it in the menu but my mouse cursor doesn't appear, I think there is something wrong with it. Help?

2. Zorchar

Zorchar Still Mildly Glowing

Jun 18, 2018
    try opening f2_res.ini and there look for
    Though, this should work from the game menu itself, so I'll suggest figuring out what's wrong with your installation. Is is a fresh install? Did u follow installation steps?

3. basstheratass

Jun 8, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2020
  4. Zorchar

Jun 18, 2018
    Since you did everything the installation says to do, I guess only the developers\other modders can help you there.
    BTW, did u use the NEVADAHD.exe, instead of FoN_1.00.exe? there's also a directdraw compatability something which might be related. Do u have directx9 files installed?

5. basstheratass

Jun 8, 2020
    directx9? If you have discord you should help me on there because you seem like you know what your talking about. I have no idea lmao

6. Zorchar

Jun 18, 2018
    I actually don't really know what I'm talking about :) These are just the things I would check if I weren't given any better solutions by more knowledgeable people. I don't know what discord is, but I'll be happy to help if I can.

These suggestions are graphics related - since u said the cursor disappears. seems like a graphical compatability issue, I mean, that's my first thought. directx9 and other included batches of dlls and fixes might help.

EDIT: if you will open ddraw.ini you will find graphics options
    and so on..

As u can see, not having dx9 (directx9) may cause issues, and also u may have it, but its configured wrong.
    Try downloading directx9, and make sure the mode is set to 0, as in my example, since it works fine for me. (though I am using 8 bit mode, as shown. Plus, I am using NevadaHD.exe, so I'm not even sure the mode is relevant)

Last edited: Jun 9, 2020