How to edit Fo1.5:Resurrection maps in interplay mapper..?

gustarballs1983

Vault Fossil
Modder
Simply put after installing the mapper within Fo1.5:Resurrection, while opening any resurrection map the mapper goes CTD..
what should i do in order to open Fo1.5:Resurrection maps in interplay mapper, so that it doesn't crash on me..?

I assume I need a folder with the map codename as foldername, and some stuff inside the folder within mapper folder structure?

Fo1.5 Resurrection is the only total conversion mod that uses custom map names, as sfall is mandatory to run the game, unlike Nevada Band Productions, Wasteland Merc sereies, or Last Hope (at least in early releases).. so it has non vanilla map names, hence mapper is probably unable to load the maps since it doesn't have them in any internal catalogue..

I also assume there's no need to have the actual Fo1.5:Resurrection data i the mapper internal folder structure, maps from other mods do get read from game files, however something's missing for Resurrection maps, so the mapper crashes..

You must install Fallout 2 then copy data folders from Fo 1.5 Ressurection all data folder and maps folder scripts folder text folder to Fallout 2 when you finish modding maps copy them back to fo 1.5 ressurection folder and works fine

well I tried just dropping mapper2 folder into Resurrection root folder, and it crashes to desktop when opening Resurrection maps.. although it works fine on other maps

are You sure that having Resurrection stuff in Fo2 folder actually does not crash the mapper? Have You tried?
also do the maps have to be in data/maps folder or can they be packed in patch000/patch001.dat fores.dat etc? I'm asking since I'm using _Pyran_'s release

Im modding Fallout 1 special edition too and when i copied stuff from fallout 1 to Fallout 2 mapper works fine not crashing maps opened correctly do the same in Fo 1.5 Ressurection i mean you must mod your F1.5 Ressurectio in Fallout 2 when done copy back maps files to F 1.5 ressurection

First, create a folder, put Fo2 master.dat and critter.dat into the folder, and create the data folder again.
Then extract fores.dat and fores_critter.dat into the data folder.
Finally, by changing the read data in mapper2.cfg,
you can run the Fo 1.5 Ressurection map.

can anybody that actually knows how to do this can help?

all of the above suggestions lead to the same mapper crashes to desktop on an attempt to open resurrection map.. simply because those maps names are not present in mapper2 sources. all other stuff like fo1 maps and from other mods use map naming that is present in mapper2.
Resurrection maps still crash in mapper2

So I finally got the mapper working i had to replace worldmap.dat and f2_res.dat with patch000.dat (as this is where the resurrection map edges are stored [ along with the maps].

the problem is the edits don't go through and the mapfile itself gets corrupted, a.k.a first floor is fine, however subsequent floor exits via elevators lead to random places ingame..

Last edited:
Hey there @Foxx ..
could you elaborate more on what you have in mind?

what i wanted to know is how to edit Resurrection maps in mapper2.exe so that the edited maps work inside the game. Currently after attaching one script to scenery and saving the map there is no possibility to acces other floors.
I am edititng rebirth base lvl 1-3 map. entering from the ground to lvl 1 and back is possible, however entering any level below teleports to a random place in the game ( Sedit: Old town, Croath etc.).

Do you check elevators in mapper? They won't work there. The elevators are sewn in fores.exe

No i did not check how the game plays within mapper.. the maps were checked within game, launched via fores.exe..

I assume i fucked up something with mapper setup or something. I'm just looking for hints on how to fix this problem/ or how to configure mapper to work with resurrection..

To say the truth, my modification is easy, I've made a new script with copy& pase + minor tweaks of EtTu PA parts on table. I'm trying to attach this script to PA parts found on Rebirth base lvl3 behind next to weapon upgrade robot & narby the room of the ghoul that makes Gauss Rifle, energy cell weapons upgrades.

those parts don't have a script attached to it. this is the main reason I need the mapper, since if the parts had a script attached, i would simply edit the script..

EDIT:

I literally facepalmed when i realized what i was doing wrong.. due to either mapper or proto editor not working with fores.exe i also pasted fallout2.exe into resurrection folder, and instead of running the game from fores.exe i foolishly kept running the game from fallout 2.exe < the icons for both are quite simmilar > each fucking time, and wondering why it didn't work :p

launching the game at first didn't yeald anything, i had to fix the script., now it still spits errors due to missing dialogue file, although the power armor gets created, and table parts get destroyed. voila fourth power armor in resurrection.. now if only I'd have a companion to use it..

Last edited:
Back