I need a new mobo and beauty is a must!

Discussion in 'General Gaming and Hardware Forum' started by Maphusio, May 12, 2009.

1. Maphusio

Maphusio Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Sep 25, 2004
    So I'm all about looks when it comes to my computers. Call me vein but I just feel 150USD for a keyboard that matches my rig is worth it :lol:

So, my old M2N Sli Deluxe appears to be failing. One USB port is dead and others are starting to experience intermittent issues. I want to replace it but there is a catch.

I have two gaming rigs. One with a green scheme and the other with a red scheme. Both are running AM2 processors w/ DDR2 ram (PC2-4300, PC2-6400). I'd like to get either a mobo that has red or green features to it (not boring circuit board green).

My max I'll spend is $200 USD. Remember, the more flash, the better. Any suggestions?

2. Wooz

Wooz Vault Sweeper Admin Orderite Board Cop oTO

May 18, 2003
    What's the point? You don't exactly see your mobo, unless you've got a see-through case. I'd much rather spend $150 on performance than on a keyboard /:

Furthermore, I strongly suggest you acquire a motherboard capable of handling Intel chipsets, for a future upgrade.

3. Daimyo

Daimyo Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!
    Orderite

Oct 26, 2007
    Yo, Maphusio; are you pimping your rig? :P

See-through cabinets, neon lights, the works?

If so you should post some pics.

Also; two gaming rigs? Why? Got a kid/friend/wife/partner/husband that plays with you?

4. aenemic

aenemic Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Jun 4, 2008
    I like how my Gigabyte mb looks. but it's blue, not green or red. lots of colorful details on it though.

5. KQX

KQX Vault Senior Citizen

May 3, 2003

6. Ratty Sr.

Ratty Sr. Ratty, except old Moderator Orderite

Apr 23, 2003
    I don't get it. Someone once explained the reference to me, but I forgot. Re-explain, plz.

7. KQX

KQX Vault Senior Citizen

May 3, 2003
    Sure

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1wZbIdlSTI[/youtube]

8. Maphusio

Sep 25, 2004
    Both of my PC's have windows. So no one has any make and model suggestions?

I'm sticking with AM2. I have two dual core 3.3ghz cpus that work fine.

But if I were to go for an intel based chipset, this mobo DEFINITELY takes the cake for the most attractive mobo EVER created.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813188047

Its just 400 USD...

Edit: I've always had a secondary rig in the living room for anyone to use. One day, I decided that rig should be bad ass too.

9. Rev. Layle

Rev. Layle A Smooth-Skin

Jul 26, 2005
    man, for $400, a mobo better give out blowjobs and beer too

10. Maphusio

Sep 25, 2004
    either way, hottest mobo ever!