I wish we'd gotten to play Fallout 76's story before the Scorched

CT Phipps

Carbon Dated and Proud
I actually think it would have been fun to enjoy the game world before any of the Scorched arrive:

* Meet the Responders

* Find out Charlotte has been murdered by David Thorpe

* Help the Order of Mysteries find its traitor

* Stop David Thorpe by either infiltrating his Ski Lodge or just blasting it to pieces.

* Win the trust of the Appalachian Free State.

* Finally deal with the Enclave and its plan to start a second Great War with President Eckhart is the final boss.

The Scorched are just so boring by comparison.

imagine fuming about stuff other people enjoy

lll799299.jpg

Imagine some damn Bawls in your mouths

I mean there's no fucking point to the place without NPCs. You can't rebuild America with no citizens.

And no one wants to fucking play vendor or farmer.

I said the premise was interesting, I could care less about how that mess plays. Fallout: Brotherhood Of Steel is my jam anyways

I’ve tried F76 twice, and both times I grew quickly bored with it.

It doesn’t have an egaging story like New Vegas.
It doesn’t have the same oppressive atmosphore as F3
It doesn’t have the actually decent settlement mechanic as F4

It’s a real “What are we doing here?” type situation

I think the main quest of the game is one of the worst ones of any game. The story would be great but....everyone is dead so it doesn't matter.

I tried once. They had a free weekend. This was a couple years ago when I finally played Fallout 3.

I was wandering around for a while and thinking, "what the hell am I supposed to do?"

I used to be a huge WoW player for a while, but with wife and kids, those days are done. I don't miss it at all. I don't think, long term, an MMO is for me any longer. That said, F76 seemed really empty and dull. I could find an hour a night if the MMO was compelling, maybe.

The fact you're only building your house makes it objectively better than Fallout 4.
Yeah. The building and management of settlements is just so far removed from the sort of game/RPG that Fallout is ostensibly supposed to be that the mechanic fundamentally does not work.

The idea of building housing a la Hearthfire, while somewhat dissonant with the rest of the game, does somewhat work since at root it's just another means for the player character to express theirself. The customization options in Fallout 3 were nice to have, it's virtual absence from NV was a shame. Perhaps the ground-up building of the structure itself in 76 is perhaps a little too far, though it could be OK to me. I definitely don't like the idea of being able to build it virtually anywhere though, there should only be a handful of locations.

Yeah. The building and management of settlements is just so far removed from the sort of game/RPG that Fallout is ostensibly supposed to be that the mechanic fundamentally does not work.

The idea of building housing a la Hearthfire, while somewhat dissonant with the rest of the game, does somewhat work since at root it's just another means for the player character to express theirself. The customization options in Fallout 3 were nice to have, it's virtual absence from NV was a shame. Perhaps the ground-up building of the structure itself in 76 is perhaps a little too far, though it could be OK to me. I definitely don't like the idea of being able to build it virtually anywhere though, there should only be a handful of locations.

Yeah, that's just a issue of the multiplayer. I picked a spot by the river for my Vault Shelter and even that gets constantly interfered with by other players having built theirs there.

Yeah, that's just a issue of the multiplayer. I picked a spot by the river for my Vault Shelter and even that gets constantly interfered with by other players having built theirs there.
I don't think it's JUST an issue of multiplayer. Bethesda likes to bombard players with vasty quantity, as we see in the overwhelming number of settlement locations in Fallout 4. I wouldn't be shocked in Fallout 5 will have the CAMP "Build anywhere you like" system. More is better, amirite?

I don't think it's JUST an issue of multiplayer. Bethesda likes to bombard players with vasty quantity, as we see in the overwhelming number of settlement locations in Fallout 4. I wouldn't be shocked in Fallout 5 will have the CAMP "Build anywhere you like" system. More is better, amirite?

I just mean that you couldn't do a "build zone" because it'd rapidly fill up as even with the full map, they constantly conflict.

I do put all of my Notes (Known) and Ammo in the transaction box.

Sometimes a fusion core or two.

Back