Idea Generator:

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
RE: "Questions Answered"

The "Europian commonwealth collapsed" (fallout 1 intro) They most likely ended up like the middle east is now.

I have a story i have been working on for some time. Some important history of my character is on this board. DON'T READ IT! I hadn't edited so it reads like crap.

Bob, an ex-Enclaver, travels east hunting muties. He and some friends war against a tribe of mutants (when I say mutant, I don't mean the enclave understanding). The tribe had some rather nice equipment.

Interested in where it came from, Bob travels south to Area 51 where he encounters the ancestors of those stationed there. To Bob it was a dream come true. All his life he has searched for the real U.S. He befriended them in hopes of getting any information, a communication link, or transportation to the capitol. Upon finding out thier leader was a mutant who they praised as a god, Bob stole as much equipment as he could and attacked the mutant' army. After killing the mutant, Bob fled farther east.

The army chased him across the wastes. After loosing most of those who followed him the Army was destroyed.

In search of civilization, he and what's left of his squad come across an old military base infested with a genetics experament gone bad. He meets his old girl friend that left the Enclave roughly 8 years ago. With the help of her small army, the beasts are slain.

Bob learns Mary (girlfriend) is a head of special operations for The New Dominion, biult over the ruins of Washington DC. The creatures where created by a pre-war experament that was continued by rebels. The rebels needed a cheep, effeciant warrior. Bob agrees to help thwart the rebels. Bob also becomes atrackted to Mary's assistant.

Bob find out Mary's assistant Erica was the daughter of the man leading the rebelion. Erica was sent to spy on TND. She helps Bob see past TND's glittery surface and se it's dark opressive past and pressent. Bob turns on Mary and kills her Secial Ops.

Bob flees to the outskirts of TND where he rallies a new rebelion. TND military finds him, Erica, and the new rebelion in a small town trying to gain support. All out war sparkes. What remaind of Bob's squad fell valiantly in combat. But the army was left in ruins as well as the rebelion.

Bob and Erica lead the rebelion farhter towards the capital gaining much needed support from town to town. They are ready to attack the the capital of TND which is defended by the Imperial Guard. The best of the best in the dominion. The rebels won but Erica died. Now Bob is alone in this world. his frends and his lover where dead.

With nothing left to lose, Bob plans to storm the emporer's palace. He does not meet heavy resistance except for a few of the greatest soldiers of the Dominion who alone almost destroyed the crumbling rebelion. Bob sneeks a nuke into the palace and tells everyone to evacuate while he sets the bomb. Bob goes one on one with the 9 foot tall cyborg emporer. His hiegt was just a mutation and he lost much of his humanity forging the Dominion which is burning to ashes before his eyes. Both men nearly kill eachother before, with last breath, Bob dentinates the Nuke.

He killed a mutant tribe still loyal to the master, haulted a mutant bent on world domination, stopped mutant creactures form insfesting the globe, and obliterated an opressive and the largest post-war empier. His name will forever be forgoten.:'(

AND I QUOTE:

Actually, it might be "and I paraphrase"... it's been awhile since I've played Fallout, or even HAD a computer. (Not surprising, seeing as how the sole reason I had a computer WAS Fallout...)

But anyway, I believe the lines went something like this:

"War. War never changes. The Romans waged war to capture slaves and wealth. Spain built an empire on it's lust for gold. Hitler shaped a battered Germany into an economic superpower. But war never changes. In the twenty-first century, war was still being waged over the resources that could be acquired. But this time, the spoils of war were also it's weapons: Petroleum, and uranium. For these (things?), China would invade Alaska, the U.S. would annex Canada, and the European Commonwealth would disolve into a group of quarreling, bickering nation-states."

So technically, Will was right. But then again, OPEC could be discribed as a group of quarreling, bickering nation-states as well, and they're still (arguably) a political powerhouse, if not a full-blown juggernaut. The bottom line is, depending on your con-, per-, or pre- ceptions of the Fallout universe, it's open to interpretation.

Uhh, yeah. Carry on, citizens.

*Jumps into a phone booth, rips off all his clothes*

*realizes he's not wearing his Yamu-man tights*

*waves and grins*

Oh, and while I'm passing through...

Just to prove that I'm not half as smart, creative, or minty-fresh as anyone has ever accused me of being, I think I'll just struggle through an entry of my own here:

The Elect

History:

When the warheads went up and civilization came crashing down, all that was left of humanity was a thin scattering, a few isolated pockets: the prepared, and the lucky. Of course, people have a lot of different ways of thinking of luck. Some prefer to think of it as chance. Some think of it as Karma, or predestined fate. But to the bible-thumping residents of Grace, Arkansas, luck assumed a different guise: Divine favor.

Grace was the center a largely Christian community, not just Christian by rote, but Christian by creed. The local church, Breath of Life Ministries, was a community locus, the proverbial trough from which it's members sated their spiritual and intellectual hunger. The building, though, was only a symbol and a meetinghouse- really, the church comprised the town, and the townsfolk. Even those not belonging to the church lived by it's principles, and many of them, even though not attending the services, held it's teachings. Most of the city's citizens also benefited from church programs like housing assistance, food drives, and daycare, not to mention the fact that, in the otherwise dishwater-bland community, Breath of Life staged, funded, or endorsed various church-related recreational functions.

... ooopsie. As you can tell, I was (as per my usual) going to ramble until either A)I finished, B) I hit ten pages, or C) someone hit me with a chair- probably two of those simultaneously. But my friend is motioning me to get the hell off his computer just because it's been on for a couple of hours. Well, that is to say, a couple of hours... [font size=1]plus 23. So, to make a long story short:

The town is full of straight-laced, no-nonsense, genial modern-day southern Christians. Their belief (and this is real-world dogma, actually taught by many seventh-day churches) is that the world of man is nearing it's end and that only by living a good Christian life, demonstrating the power of God by example (not outright conversion or doctrine), and knowing the "Holy Word" can they prepare themselves to be counted among God's Elect- the few chosen by God who will know how to lead the charge in the coming battle against Satan so that those loyal to the Lord can attain their spiritual bodies and live with Christ in heaven on earth for a thousand years. (Fact IS stranger than fiction, folks) The bombs drop, everything goes boom, they start freaking out because according to everything they've been taught, it's not supposed to happen this way. Their pastor finds a way to reconcile what's in the Bible with what's going on (chalking it up- honestly, not underhandedly- to a misinterpretation), and they go on in the years to follow to establish a post-apocalyptic (in the religious and social sense) church of Christ, an organization somewhat similar to a non-evil version of the CoC, (or, if you prefer, a more ubiquitous and annoying, and FAR more pragmatic, version of the Followers of the Apocalypse).

They have a small base community, and spread their influence with emissaries, envoys, and churches, a la CoC. Since they believe themselves to be in a battle against the forces of evil to win over the souls of the "lord's flock," or humanity in general, they take an agressive social(and, occaisionally, martial) stance on "the depravity rampant on the wastes." They usually don't take direct action if it involves violence or upheaval, but they encourage their members and followers to do whatever it takes.

The Elect have a minor trade interest in pre-war tech, and a much greater interest in pre-war historical data, as it helps them to piece together a timeline of events for them to parallell with the book revelations to gauge which prophecies have come to pass. Guided by these writings, they bide their time, winning souls and waiting for a sign that some significant biblical event has occurred. They believe one has, they act accordingly, making them an irksome and unpredictable lot to those not in the know of the church's dogma.

Individual members of this society are generally pragmatic and likable (although eerily wholesome), but like any theological grouping, The Elect is host to more than a few who are pompous, didactic, condescending, or just plain overzealous. As individuals, and as a group, The Elect has/have also on numerous occaisions been known to make desperation maneuvers, making decisions out of need, greed, or convenience, just as long as they could justify them biblically- even if such justification centered around a slapdash or overly semantical interpretation of the texts. When such an event occurs, it happens with disturbing solidarity, almost as if the entire church had undergone a mentality shift.

Though well known in the surrounding area, The Elect are accepted more for their services (trade and humanitarian) than their sermons, and they remain a minor power. The names Breath of Life and The Elect are often spoken half-jokingly on the southern wastes, if not spat in derision.---------

------- Well, I know it sucks. That's 'cause it's not even half-close to done, but I think my friend's getting a li'l insistent (I just dodged a forkful of leftover chicken alfredo, you see). Forgive me for sullying my onetime home with this garbage, but I had to post it. It took about ten minutes to conceptualize, and significantly longer than that to phrase. Unfortunately, I didn't even get to hash out half the details, and it looks stupid even to me, it's proud (read: irreperably shamed) papa. If I manage to get back online before I go home on sunday, I'll finish it off for you, tidbits and all.

RE: No you don`t

[font size=1" color="#FF0000]LAST EDITED ON Oct-13-02 AT 00:41AM (GMT)[p]I won`t let you devore my soul, you multi-talented soul devorer... ;-)

Back