[IDEA] The Stupid Project - ugg?

quetzilla

First time out of the vault
I know many of us played the original games, and found the dialogue available when playing a stupid character (INT <= 4) entertaining, and found the situation in Fallout 3 rather lacking. However, adding Stupid dialogue to all of Fallout 3 is a mammoth project, that one person can't reasonably do alone (espcially when they have many other mod projects in the works).

So what I propose, if people are interested, is a collaborative effort. Any person can volunteer to Stupidify the dialogue for any particular part of the game: a quest, a location, a specific NPC, whatever. This thread could then serve as the hub for people to see what areas are being worked on and which still need doing. It would likely be a perpetual Work In Progress.

One note is that not every quest needs to be able to be successfully solved by a Stupid character, but there should be some resolution, or acknowledgement that there would be a quest to solve if the player wasn't Stupid.

So, if people are interested in volunteering, post here.

It would be so funny to have such a retarded character that the NPCs pityed you and helped you out with stuff. Like for example when the Three Dog askes you to fix the radio transmitter have an option that is like "Whats a tower?" and have him be like "Well, arent you a special one. Since you are no use to me ill tell you where your dad went.".

Gasilli said:
It would be so funny to have such a retarded character that the NPCs pityed you and helped you out with stuff. Like for example when the Three Dog askes you to fix the radio transmitter have an option that is like "Whats a tower?" and have him be like "Well, arent you a special one. Since you are no use to me ill tell you where your dad went.".

That's exactly the type of thing I mean. We just need people to volunteer to Stupidify these things :P.

a lot of the generic sort of responses should be in the vein of Stupid 13 Year Olds on the Internet with acronyms and typoes and emoticons and all that.

" what "
" im gonan kikc ur ass "
" wtf >:( "
" lol wahtevr "
" ur gay "
" i wnat shop ngi. "
" stfu "

and for those heart wrenching moments of drama:
" :( "

bhlaab said:
a lot of the generic sort of responses should be in the vein of Stupid 13 Year Olds on the Internet with acronyms and typoes and emoticons and all that.

" what "
" im gonan kikc {I'm trying to say your, you are, or you're, but I'm likely too stupid to know which to use.} ass "
" wtf >:( "
" lol wahtevr "
" {I'm trying to say your, you are, or you're, but I'm likely too stupid to know which to use.} gay "
" i wnat shop ngi. "
" stfu "

and for those heart wrenching moments of drama:
" :( "

I think that would be a vastly different sort of mod. When I get back to playing Fallout 3 I'd be glad to throw in some contributions. In the meantime I have so many games to play... it's unreal.

Given the usefulness of INT in F3 I can't see as many people making such a character unless they're looking for a real challenge, but I'm sure there'd be some. :)

My suggestion would be to sharpen up the responses from the 'stoopid' ones given to us in F1 & F2.

So instead of "Ug", "Me Want Buy" and so forth you'd end up with lines of dialogue that could plausibly come from the mouth of say Forrest Gump;
Rivet City Druggy: "Wanna do some Jet man?"
INT 4 Char: "My momma says only Raider men smoke Jet because they's never been raised by honest folks."

Funnily enough I was watching Sling Blade for the first time earlier tonight, and some of Billy Bob Thornton's character's responses would fit this kind of mod perfectly.

Bosk said:
My suggestion would be to sharpen up the responses from the 'stoopid' ones given to us in F1 & F2.

So instead of "Ug", "Me Want Buy" and so forth you'd end up with lines of dialogue that could plausibly come from the mouth of say Forrest Gump;
Rivet City Druggy: "Wanna do some Jet man?"
INT 4 Char: "My momma says only Raider men smoke Jet because they's never been raised by honest folks."

That sounds like a good idea, although with different people writing dialogue it could seem mismatched. Ugg-talk pretty much sounds the same no matter who writes it.

That of course requires people writing it, and haven't really seen any volunteers.

Instead, I think I'll be focusing on a world map travel mod. Yes, you will get an actual map of the world and you can then click on places to go there, just like in the originals.

Personally, I'd like some traits to have a massive overhaul effect on dialog.

For example, daddy's girl/boy should be a trait instead of a perk, and in addition to giving the med bonus, it should change most dialog options to stuff like "My pappy/daddy always told me...." or "Pappy/daddy says..."

I up fur et. Where do I sign up?

Might be fun to make a dumb character argument to make eden 'splode ^,,^

Back