I'm entirely rewriting Fallout 4's story.

I'm was probably too hard on Zur. Zur is a good composer and his soundtrack for fallout 4 is very good. It just doesn't fit fallout like at all and that's the problem. His soundtrack for new vegas is decent though. I guess obsidian gave him a better direction than Bethesda.

Last edited:
Also it would be nice if you made the post-apocalyptic nuclear wasteland a lot less colorful and more grim and gritty. Bethesda made fallout 4 look way too happy looking if you know what I mean.
I'd actually say that you should add more color, specifically to the flora. There's no reason for everything to still be dead after hundreds of years.

I saw on the thread something that bothered me a bit, and it's about the Institute and Big MT:
"thanks to a partnership with the Big MT and the sharing of low orbit satellites".
Instead of that, the institute could have a "fight" with Big Mountain and then eventually hijack their satellite (You could add a bit of lore about how the institute managed to hijack the Satellites.). I say that because the Institute could see Big MT capabilities as threat, instead of a partnership possibility, and seeing their capabilities of sending a army through the satellites, the Institute decided to take the the satellites instead of "sharing" them.

A possible quest to the player would be that he would either give the satellites to one of the factions or return the satellites to Big MT (Taking into account that the Railroad smuggles synths and the Brotherhood could send soldiers at a minutes notice.). Both choices are right, seeing as the player could see unfair to basically steal the Big MT satellites or he could use to aid his own cause.

This sickness would have no gameplay effect ; it would be strictly narrative
If it's just narrative, the player could take his sweet time walking around without doing anything to find the cure for it. I suggest a timer to find the cure, just like Fallout 1 did to find another water chip.
Example:
The player has 150 days to find a cure, and every 25 days, he loses 5% of his current life bar. The player could go talk with the Technopriests (or other faction/group) to find a way to slow down the disease. The player could pay 100 CID to add 100 days to his lifespan and reset the loss of his health (The player could do that once.).

I just read everything and I like everything except a few things. First, why are you bringing back intelligent deathclaws, one of the stupid ideas in fallout 2 along with the ghost. I also think you should just completely just do away with the settlement system and just completely focus on gameplay and story. I'm also sure that using a soundtrack and other audio files, from another fallout game would be illegal, and that's why fallout 4: New Vegas is completely remaking the NV soundtrack.

I still think bringing back talking deathclaws is a bad idea. Most people who played fallout 2 would say that talking deathclaws was one the worse ideas and bringing back a concept that no one likes does not sound good. Instead of justifiying deathclaws being in Massachussetts you could just make a new monster instead. I think having super mutants and ghouls is enough to show how diverse the brotherhood is.

Just a quick update, we're still working on this and have thought up an amazing amount of ideas. We recruited some fantastic voice actors as well

In the meantime while we're still writing up the story and characters @mithrap has been busy with the numerous gameplay adjustments

Valve is allowing us to use the sound assets from Half Life 2 in regards to our altering of "raiders" into more stalker-themed scavengers. Here's the mail of approval from Gabe.

UzFQHnY.jpg

It's official : this mod has been literally approved by Gabe Newell himself

Here's a demonstration of the usage of the audio, but do note that the "stalker" name is just a placeholder, it will be changed:

Deployable robot concept:

In summary, most of our ideas boil down to:

-Complete rewrite of Fallout 4's main story
-Boston is now treated as a giant settlement full of NPCs
-Multiple race selection (Human, Ghoul, Super Mutant, Robot)
-Highly fleshed out dialogue system with much more than 4 generic options as well as consequences with regards to what you say to every npc or your reputation
-More brutal combat, longer ranges, deadlier for both you and enemies
-Pacifist or Retard playthroughs possible
-Grey morality, rewritten factions, and new factions
-New story and atmosphere drawing heavily from media such as Bladerunner, Deus Ex, Lovecraft, STALKER and Judge Dredd

Last edited:
This looks fantastic, having just sat through the teaser, livestreams and demo videos I'm sold.

As for ideas or contribution to the mod, I myself have next to no experience with the mod tools but have 1000 hours in Fo4:

Will the original institute interiors be retained as the "belly of the beast" science and R&D centre of the institute?

Do you have any plans for some of the settlement locations? They could be outposts for major factions in proximity to resources. E.g Starlight drive-in close to the Corvega plant. The Settlement system is trash but with the way they worked paired with the raiders in Nuka-World they take on a new role as F.O.B.s that has potential.

I agree with the point you have made during the streams about Blade Runner theme and influence on the story and setting. To this effect it'd be great if the synths were tiered and the "strongest" could (story choices dependent) interact with the Strong cult in the Glowing Sea, they could form their own radical synth supremacist movement (think a hundred or so Roys from BR running around hunting ordinary humans). This would add to the BR/fo4 idea of synths being superior to humans, the trans-humanism theme was so underused in the vanilla game its laughable.

Keep up the good work, I will be keeping an eye on this and could contribute more ideas if you would like them.

I have removed almost everything I've posted due to the mod being heavily discussed on Reddit. Since a lot of what we've been posting here is subject to change and a lot of our intended ideas get spoiled in this thread I will from now on refrain from posting our story ideas here outright.

Back