i'm trying to play fallout 4 and its miserable

It's much easier to bitch in a forum than spending years rewriting a badly written game.

I think the bigger problem with Fallout 4 is how they gutted most of the RPG elements. With the modding tools Bethesda gives us, it’s not particularly difficult to add or rewrite quests, add or rewrite dialogue, fix lore-breaking elements and things like that, but even in F3/NV it’s more or less impossible to add skills. F4 removed skills entirely. There was so much effort put into adding useless systems like crafting and customization and settlement building, once you take those out there really isn’t much left. We might as well just stick with modding NV.

I think the bigger problem with Fallout 4 is how they gutted most of the RPG elements. With the modding tools Bethesda gives us, it’s not particularly difficult to add or rewrite quests, add or rewrite dialogue, fix lore-breaking elements and things like that, but even in F3/NV it’s more or less impossible to add skills. F4 removed skills entirely. There was so much effort put into adding useless systems like crafting and customization and settlement building, once you take those out there really isn’t much left. We might as well just stick with modding NV.
I can shut my brain off and still play a badly written game if the gameplay is fun. While the gunplay is a bit more finely tuned the fucking stats and hidden numbers make the game annoying. In the late game unloading a Gatling laser into a raider and taking longer than 1 second to kill him is infuriating. At least in 3 and new Vegas you could see what they had equipped and what it meant for you. In 4 they may as well all be wearing mascot outfits and shooting silly string at you because it doesn't matter.

Back