Implementing sneak skill check before using drugs on critters

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by Zorchar, Feb 13, 2021.

1. Zorchar

Zorchar Still Mildly Glowing

Jun 18, 2018
    Hey guys.

I was thinking about the fact that you can use drugs (beer, super stimpaks, psycho etc') on critters, yet most of them don't seem to mind that at all. I can get using a beer on some guy. Yeah, sure he wouldn't mind some free beer. On the other hand, being able to use jet on Mrs. Wright is a bit too much.

So I think drug use on critters could use a bit of modding.

One change I would like to implement, is a sneak skill check for using a super stimpak on a critter. The logic behind this is the fact that you can actually inject someone using a needle without them noticing you actually injected stuff into them. This might be hard, but plausible. They might feel a sting, or nothing at all, but may remain oblivious to the fact they have been injected with anything.

If you succeed - swell. If you fail, I would like some response (a generic floating text for all critters will do for now) to be given, acknowledging the fact that you were caught.

tl;tr

How should I implement a sneak skill check for all critters (without changing each critter's script one by one) before using super stimpaks on them? And how should I implement they're response (generic float text) once caught injecting the stimpak?

Ideas and suggestions are more than welcome :)
    Thanks.

2. gustarballs1983

gustarballs1983 Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Oct 28, 2009
    Your worries have been taken care of already...
    In sfall there's a setting called SuperStimExploitFix= or something similar. I'm sure that if you set this one to "1" it will solve the issue you have with superstimping npcs, one way or another at least...

3. Zorchar

Zorchar Still Mildly Glowing

Jun 18, 2018
    Thanks for the suggestion.
    While I do agree that this sfall setting is better than nothing at all, it doesn't really solve the issue.
    I actually do want to be able to "exploit" the super stimpak mechanic. I just want it to be harder, instead of 100% success rate, and adding repercussions for getting caught.

EDIT: My overall goal is to keep all the different ways that you can solve quests. I think it's cool that a solution for sneaking behind a guard can be made easier if the guard is "under the influence". I just think there should be some kind of mechanism that prevents you from succeeding 100% of the time in drugging anyone you want.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2021
  4. Slaughter Manslaught

Slaughter Manslaught Vault Senior Citizen

Dec 11, 2006
    This is a cool idea, and I am all for making sneak more useful.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1