Information on Sacremento

Naissus

It Wandered In From the Wastes
So I have been looking at the Fallout Bible and different websites and have found no information regarding the city of Sacramento. It is possible that I could have overlooked it or something of that nature. Does anyone know of any information or is it a blank slate for which I can create a story?

I must of spelled Sacramento wrong when i did a search. Interesting find. I might expand on it. I think the main area will most likely be a University and how the descendants of the students and professors try to horde what is left of the knowledge they posses from the gangs. I think a feeling of isolation may be a theme, the people of the university see themselves as a bastion of hope, if only they could quell the gangs.

Edit:
Some of the locations that I think I may include would be the International Airport, a train station, one of the universities, and highway 80.

What does everyone think Sacramento should look like and how should the characters, atmosphere, and factions play out.

Naissus said:
I must of spelled Sacramento wrong when i did a search. Interesting find. I might expand on it. I think the main area will most likely be a University and how the descendants of the students and professors try to horde what is left of the knowledge they posses from the gangs. I think a feeling of isolation may be a theme, the people of the university see themselves as a bastion of hope, if only they could quell the gangs.

Edit:
Some of the locations that I think I may include would be the International Airport, a train station, one of the universities, and highway 80.

What does everyone think Sacramento should look like and how should the characters, atmosphere, and factions play out.

Maybe the ruins of the university could be controlled by one of the gangs? I think it would fit the post-apocalyptic world better.

Also this might help:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sacramento,_California

I just don't think a gang/raiders/bandits etc. would be interested in preserving anything. The way I see it the scholars are a little bit of the old world, the golden age of civilization, or just the past and the gangs represent the chaotic present. Each one is fighting for dominance and survival for the future. Its like in Fallout 1, you have the Master and the super mutant army which represent the chaotic present while the vault dweller and BOS represents the civilized past.

Naissus said:
I just don't think a gang/raiders/bandits etc. would be interested in preserving anything. The way I see it the scholars are a little bit of the old world, the golden age of civilization, or just the past and the gangs represent the chaotic present. Each one is fighting for dominance and survival for the future. Its like in Fallout 1, you have the Master and the super mutant army which represent the chaotic present while the vault dweller and BOS represents the civilized past.

I didnt say they would be trying to preserve anything of scholarly value. I just meant it would go along more with the Fallout world if there were no "people of the university as the last bastion of hope" but were instead a gang controlling the ruins of those buildings. It would make sense to me for a gang to be attracted to such a large destroyed campus as it would probably suit them as a sort of base of operations or stronghold. I would think if the gangs truly rule, that such places would be under their control.

Perhaps a small group of philanthropic individuals, could exist in the city that could maybe give "good" characters a quest to help save portions of the university if not remove the gang presence from it entirely. But I dont think these people would be "scholars" unless you plan to place some kind of Vault or similar Pre-war shelter in the city that these people could be the decendants of.

There is a large vault like fallout shelter under the cafeteria of the university that housed many students and professors. The Scholars are the descendants of them. I am thinking of having three or four other factions. The bandits known as 80 (live near highway 80) are sort of the largest group and are currently at war with the conductors (located at the train yard) because the leader of 80's wife left him for one of the lieutenants of the Conductors. There is also a slaver group which is taking advantage of this war and selling newly acquired slaves at nearby towns. They might even possibly be linked to the slavers at the Den. I am also thinking of having an isolationist group known as the Underground, or something like that, which live at the airport.
The Conductors are ex-mafia men trying to make it without the family's rules. I am not sure why the Underground are here.

Maybe the gangs might consider the scholars useful and they don't kill them, but fight each other over for who controls them?

That wiki information is also based off of a canceled, likely not even considered canon story, so I'm sure if you just wanted to ignore it than you could, or you can work around it if you want. It's up to you, I really don't have much else to add.

That is a good idea Ausir. Its kind of like king of the hill for these gangs, each one fighting for the right to control the Scholars. Makes more since than the Scholars just barricading themselves. I couldn't really find a good reason as to how they would be able to fortify themselves fast enough and arm themselves.

EDIT:
But didn't the idea come from Chris Avellone. Even if it wasn't added I still take it as canon, though I will be adding some stuff.

I think I am going to create this story in the form of a design doc, much like the Van Buren docs. I might turn it into a complete story later on.

One of the locations of Sacramento is known as the Market. A band of slavers scout the area of Sacramento looking to see if there are people to enslave. The find the place is ripe for a base of operations to take advantage of the rival gangs. So they set up a hub to trade with the local gangs and also steal when possible.

Back