Fallout 2 mod Inventory Sort Buttons Mod

@JimTheDinosaur, I just found the true cause why the mod doesn't work on my game.
It's due to hi-res setting ALT_MOUSE_INPUT=1, which uses another mouse input method. So sfall can't catch the mouse clicks (maybe also other inputs like mouse movements).
The buttons are still off, but at least they work now. Too bad I do like the benefit of ALT_MOUSE_INPUT=1 in the game. :\

@NovaRain what is this badass pistol you've got? That desert eagle looks rad too.
They are made by x'il and Continuum and posted in my 'Weapon FRM edits' thread few years ago. The pic links are dead, but I still keep a copy of them.
I've been working on a personal "canon tuning" mod for quite some time, but never managed to finish/release it due to my incompetent modding ability and laziness. :oops:

Last edited by a moderator:
There is an expanded version of this mod on russian forums. It was made for FoN / Olympus, but I though might be interesting to someone.
As I understand, newer mod makes filtering of items, instead of sorting them.

Last edited:
Apologies NovaRain, but what's the main difference between ALT_MOUSE_INPUT for Sfall and the High-Resolution mod?

I can gladly wait till Falltergeist gets done, so we don't have to put up with the incompatibilities like in this case.

Some tweaks are just silly cheats...unlimited weight, and level 5 temple of trials exit, etc. But I'm not complaining with the other tweaks.

Sure. Just launch the exe and answer the questions.

I used the batch file to install the inventory filter mod only. Sadly it crashed my save game. It crashes whenever I get a random encounter traveling the wastelands. It gives an 'Application Error' and I'm forced to 'End Program'. Not sure how this is even related, but uninstalling it returns my save game to playable state again. Is it supposed to only work when starting new games with the mod installed?

It looks great by the way. Very helpful for organizing inventory and especially helpful when trading with companions.

My setup:
Windows 7 - FO2 1.02.31 RP 2.3.3 SFALL 3.6 EcCo 0.6.2

Some tweaks are just silly cheats...unlimited weight, and level 5 temple of trials exit, etc. But I'm not complaining with the other tweaks.
On one hand - yes, they are. One the other hand - they make my playthroughs more enjoyable. And since enjoyment is what I play the games for, it's all perfectly well. Anyway, it's all optional, so suite yourself.

I used the batch file to install the inventory filter mod only. Sadly it crashed my save game. It crashes whenever I get a random encounter traveling the wastelands. It gives an 'Application Error' and I'm forced to 'End Program'. Not sure how this is even related, but uninstalling it returns my save game to playable state again. Is it supposed to only work when starting new games with the mod installed?

It looks great by the way. Very helpful for organizing inventory and especially helpful when trading with companions.

My setup:
Windows 7 - FO2 1.02.31 RP 2.3.3 SFALL 3.6 EcCo 0.6.2
No. It should work regardless. I played through the whole game with RP/Sfall/EcCo myself.
Do you mind sharing a savegame? I'll try to reproduce and fix.

No. It should work regardless. I played through the whole game with RP/Sfall/EcCo myself.
Do you mind sharing a savegame? I'll try to reproduce and fix.

I can always trigger the crash if I access inventory, then move out of current map and try to enter another (or random encounter in case of moving out of city). This happened in all my save games and even when I created a new game!

Savegame: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6MPCQImYxzQZjk2Zy1VNEhGUW8

What is the difference between ALT_MOUSE_INPUT=1 / 0 ? I don't notice any difference in the game...

@Mr.Stalin
Uh.. congratulations the previous response is from like 2016, You now should be a proud owner of a golden shovel for necroing a thread ;p

But to answer Your question, You'd have to look at the state of sfall as it was back then...
the ALT_MOUSE_INPUT=1 was the only option in 2016 for the function to work correctly, as the equivalent function in sfall (at least the vanilla branch) was fully developed somwhere around 2018 which is at least 2 years ahed from where the last response in this topic (2016) was.

;)

Back