Fallout 2 mod Issues with Fallout 2/Fallout: Of Nevada font(no accent/tilde)

Lautaro Esteban

First time out of the vault
I've been trying to translate a mod for Fallout 2 (Fallout: Of Nevada, Crazy edition) to spanish, but I cant use the letters with tilde (á, é, í, ó, ú), when I put one there are weird characters in the text.
There is the ClandLan's Fallout 1 and 2 translation that actually makes it possible to use the tilde, but I have no idea how I can do the same in the mod. In the Clandlan translation there are files called "FONT" in the Data folder, I moved these Font files to the data folder from the mod im working on, the font got a little smaller, but the issue is still there.
How do I fix it? I really want to start translating mods for these games... idk if its relevant, but in the installer of this mod every letter is in a weird character, I can give screenshot of it. I also tried to do a full install of the Dlan translation on this mod, but it will crash everytime.

Screenshots

Letters in the mod without any modification (At fast metabolism, between Your and rate)

Same, but with the 5 characters (áéíóú)

With the Clandlan font files (one letter in each word)

Look fallout original font only supported ASCII from latin alphabet or so called "US-keyboard letters" , none of the extra stuff latin alphabet has, so you must get all the font files used in the game that support all the extra glyphs/letters, If you don't have those you will get gibberish when trying to type non-standard ASCII glyphs/letters, so eigther you get all the font files from that spanish mod or you edit the files you have and add your country's specific glyphs/letters to those files. How you do it it's up to you, as i doubt it that anyone here has any experience in editing font files and adding new glyphs/letters. your best bet would be snatching the font files from your local buddy's mod (all of them).

I've been trying to translate a mod for Fallout 2 (Fallout: Of Nevada, Crazy edition) to spanish, but I cant use the letters with tilde (á, é, í, ó, ú), when I put one there are weird characters in the text.
Use ANSI encoding (your Western European version win-1252) when typing, instead of Unicode characters.

Thank you both! I managed to write with tilde by using the Dlan translation font files and typing with win-1252. Welp, time to translate :) I'll do it all by myself so it will take time... once im done ill continue with Fallout: Sonora, which I hope the english translation files are just the same

Back