Jesse Heinig in hospital, chip-in campaign

WorstUsernameEver

But best title ever!
Original Fallout 1 developer Jesse Heinig (who also has an account here) apparently has had some fairly serious health problems recently, partially caused by a mis-diagnosis, that forced him to go under surgery twice already.

Since the bills are mounting for him, a ChipIn donation campaign was started for him, which so far has already raised $4,472. You can find the whole story at this blog post, and I'm also going to embed the ChipIn in case some of our users want to donate.

<object width="250" height="250"><param name="movie" value="http://widget.chipin.com/widget/id/160604294b48b745"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://widget.chipin.com/widget/id/160604294b48b745" flashVars="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="always" wmode="transparent" width="250" height="250"></embed></object>

Best of luck to Jesse.

Chipped in few dollars, I always enjoyed Jesse's posts here and of course he worked on Fallout, dammit! I hope he gets well soon.

"Jesse Heinig (born on July 20, 1973) worked as a programmer and designer on the original Fallout. Among other things, he was responsible for scripting and designing the companions, including Ian and Tycho (originally, the engine didn't really have support for party members and they weren't in the original design), as well as ZAX. He was also one of the people responsible for creating the SPECIAL character system" -http://fallout.wikia.com

he can have some of my money any day!

Was initially about to "rage" a bit about how people have to collect funds on the internet over medical care and how unfair that would be to non-"famous" people, but then I remembered how fucked up the american health system is and its not this guys fault..

Really wish the best for Jesse, read the earlier comments about the Shingles already on Facebook, hope he gets well very soon!

Seems that having a poor health insurance is so American those days :(

I'm a bit torn between not chipping in because health is priceless, and mortgaging my home for this because, dammit, Fallout! I guess I should take a middle stance on this ;)

Silencer said:
Seems that having a poor health insurance is so American those days :(

I'm a bit torn between not chipping in because health is priceless, and mortgaging my home for this because, dammit, Fallout! I guess I should take a middle stance on this ;)

What's health insurance? :lol:

You mean people can afford that shit?

Surf Solar said:
Was initially about to "rage" a bit about how people have to collect funds on the internet over medical care and how unfair that would be to non-"famous" people, but then I remembered how fucked up the american health system is and its not this guys fault..

Really wish the best for Jesse, read the earlier comments about the Shingles already on Facebook, hope he gets well very soon!

I figured he must be American as we are pretty much the only non-third world country without universal healthcare. In one of the presidential primary debates earlier this year the crowd actually cheered when one of the candidates said that someone deathly ill but without health insurance should allowed to die rather than have his bill covered by taxpayers. Honestly though, most people want some sort of universal coverage, but the opponents are very wealthy, powerful, and are much better at scaring people than the other side is at making its case for having it.

Anyway, I hope he makes a full recovery!

It's good that things seem to be improving for him.

Adrianne has told me that your generous donations will go to the medical expenses they are incurring, like deductibles, transportation, food costs while in the hospital, medications, medical supplies for when Jesse gets out of the hospital, and towards things like crutches so Jesse will be able to get around when he gets out of the hospital.

Sounds like he does have insurance after all.

America certainly needs a national health service - it might not be perfect but its a much fairer system - everyone should be entitled to healthcare.

The updates say the surgeries could be ending which is good news.

Get well soon Jesse!

Radman said:
America certainly needs a national health service - it might not be perfect but its a much fairer system - everyone should be entitled to healthcare.

I would even daresay that it is the State's obligation to ensure that its every citizen is entitled to the free healthcare. Pretty much like in USSR.

Whipped out the creditcard & made a donation.

How could I not? Fallout 1 is my favorite game of all times, and V:tM-B is surely in the top 10, if not top 5.

Get well soon, Jesse.

PS: Not watching "The Tudors" too much, Jesse? Emulating King Henry's leg wound is going above and beyond, even for an RP geek!

Political rants aside(fuck this country's largely self-righteous, anti-pragmatism constituents), I'm more than happy knowing a chuck of my money is going towards someone that has enriched my life through his artistic contributions. Thanks dood - get well!

Back