Jumpsuit under armor concept

Crueler Johnny

First time out of the vault
I drew edited these sprites by hand. Not really a fallout modder but a concept artist.

this is a concept of "What if the player could wear their jumpsuit under their armor?"

I think this would be a good idea, as it would make the player feel separated from the identical looking npcs that wear the same armor as them, or perhaps replace some sprites at vault city. or maybe be used as sprites for vault themed areas.

If you wanna make this into a actual mod, I can help make sprites using the spritesheets online!

here are the images, thoughts on the idea?

upload_2024-7-2_18-28-16.png

downsized sprite sheet

upload_2024-7-2_18-28-33.png

yeah make like a bazillion sprites more, for each animation set, and you'll understand why nobody before you have had done that...

However Nobody's stopping you from doing that, even better.. Your work would be warmly welcomed here, though be advised it's a heck of a lot of work to make a single set of animations for one type of armor... I'm typing this so You'd know what you're getting yourself into..

Looks cool. Gustarballs1983 is right of course. But maybe try a single armor type, see what it's like. Get the workflow going, then maybe you can power through.

Definitely would be a nice assets. And looks 'Fallouty' Which is always good.

It's a nice idea in theory, the reality is each new armor type will require about 50k of sprite recolouring, and that's a very painful experience. Every animation has 6 directions and multiple frames, it takes forever to do one set let alone 10 new sets. You would be better off building a near perfect copy of the critter in Blender and rendering the animations.

:flameon:

It's a nice idea in theory, the reality is each new armor type will require about 50k of sprite recolouring, and that's a very painful experience. Every animation has 6 directions and multiple frames, it takes forever to do one set let alone 10 new sets. You would be better off building a near perfect copy of the critter in Blender and rendering the animations.

:flameon:
there is no need for recoloring, you just layer the armor sprites on top of the dweller sprites in paint.net and delete the un-important pixels

it's not hard it's just very repetitive

You can just do the hard work. Other modders will fill in the quests, characters, and application for you. With F1/2 you never need to fear your work go unused.

Back