Fallout 2 mod Klint the Generous Restoration Patch Update Compatibilty Patch

retrograde

First time out of the vault
I have some good memories of playing through Fallout 2 using the Frank Horrigan armor and the Black Hole item to not have to worry about weight limits from way back when.

Unfortunately the Klint the Generous mod is ancient and doesn't play well with the Restoration Patch so I modified the mod to work with the Restoration Patch update 2.3.3 v26(https://nma-fallout.com/threads/up-and-rp-updates.217877/). It also technically works with the older Restoration Patch 2.3.3(https://nma-fallout.com/threads/fallout-2-restoration-project-2-3-3-unofficial-expansion.202265/) if the files in the dat file are extracted to overwrite the RP files.

Several caveats:
  1. I did not ask Smackrazor for permission to edit their mod, if you are still around and want me to remove this please let me know.
  2. This overwrites any changes made by either Restoration Patch made to Klint.
  3. I've made some minor changes, requesting the Horrigan Armor also now adds his knife and plasma rifle.
  4. I've changed the icons for the "boss" knife and plasma rifle so they aren't just pink text, also added some poorly written descriptions and names.
  5. The armor and black hole add a new item to the .lst files 00000598.pro and 00000598.pro (used to be 532 and 533 however those are now taken by the Restoration Patches). Which also requires editing Items.lst so this mod will be incompatible with any mods that edit it.
  6. Also similar issue with Inven.lst as it requires adding bhole.frm(Black hole icon for the inventory).
  7. I've done limited testing however its working fine so far.
Installation:
  1. Install Fallout 2.
  2. Install UP(https://nma-fallout.com/threads/up-and-rp-updates.217877/)
  3. Place rpu_acklint.dat in /mods folder.

Attachments

Horigan armor is cool stuff however in terms of item weight, there's other and a lot better solution added by sfall now:

find the below lines in sfall and set toe values as below
CritterInvSizeLimitMode=4
CritterInvSizeLimit=2000000000

this wil not only limit carry weight to only items that are worn ( in armor slot and in both hands) for you and your party NPCs but also ommit the inv size check this is virtually unlimited item space right in your inventory. this plus Inventory Filter Patch from Mr.Stalin for your inventory managment and You're all set.
there's also fo2tweaks by burn it helps with other headaches, if for example you insist on using your car trunk, the patch helps with trunk's space.

yeah but there's an engine issue with that approch at least for weight workaround. You may encounter a crash with weight around 7600 pounds don't remember the exact number above which it used to happen, however, sfall solution i gave above ommits tat crash, because weight doesn't count for inventory items, except armor slot and both hand slots.
and Yeah the fo2tweaks You linked is the same one I was talking about in my previous post.

Back