Resource icon

Fallout 2 mod Last Hope mod v1.086

Forgotten Knight

Time traveler stuck in time...
Modder
Last Hope mod v1.083 - Fallout 2 mod

This is a total conversion mod for Fallout 2.
----------
1.OVERVIEW
----------
This is a total conversion mod for Fallout 2.
Last Hope:
You wake up in the Execution Chambers of a prison and, due to a total amnesia, are granted a second chance - or so you've been told. After fighting your way through a number of trials to prove your right to freedom, you'll be allowed to enter a new part of the fallout world, free, but with a task to find and eliminate a group of escaped convicts, a task...

Time to get busy because version 1.083 is up. After a decent amount of time spent on polishing or fixing the impossible bugs or possible exploits, now with more spicy flavor. LHinfo file has a lot more info so I'll just recommend you take a few minutes to see "what's new" and "how to". If you're familiar with the previous 1.082, change log is the place to check, includes spoilers. Installation should be the "same" as 1.082, also explained in section 2(LH info). Before posting comments regarding early gameplay or technical difficulties, please read the info file or search the forum. If you haven't played Fallout 1&2 before, let me congratulate you sir, now choose your destiny. Complaints department is out office, for good.

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:
Fuck Yeah.. THIS is what I've been waiting for, damn shame I'm sort of grounded at the moment, and whole house is on my shoulders for the nearest week so to speak... As soon as I'm free of those duties I'll gonna play the hell out of this..

@Proletären You readin' all this...?
this requires a newspost.. like right now.. pronto..

YES!!!!....
Finally...
Thank You Forgoten Knight..

EDIT 20.09.2023 11:31 CEST

@Forgotten Knight

I'm sorry to bug you so quickly, but I think I have found a bug..

In the prison cells there's a manhole. in 1.082 it lead to sewers with scorpions ans small loot. In 1083 it leads to dude on black screen and no map/ exit grit nothing. this area is of less importance, however it still a dead end without going back.

Last edited:
Finally, I waited a long time, a very long time. I actually doubted that you would finish the mod in version 1.083 :) Thanks a lot :)

It seems, that update files are not updated. Still black location under manhole in prison cell. Or maybe I can not download proper file.

Ok, new update shows as a separate version but the download link should work now. This particular map got corrupted when replacing wall s.t. blockers with regular wall blockers in dims mapper2. That's all the tech info behind this update i can provide.

Any tip, how to enter to Lost City? I'm stuck, and have no idea what to do... Tried explosive on gate, on rocks, tried club, hammer etc.

Any tip, how to enter to Lost City? I'm stuck, and have no idea what to do... Tried explosive on gate, on rocks, tried club, hammer etc.
On the other side...
South-east fence corner, there's a hidden manhole near the metal barrel.

In Philton the vehicle, armored truck, disappearing is it stolen and how do we get it back? As soon as I enter the city gates the truck is gone even if i leave the companion next to it.

In Philton the vehicle, armored truck, disappearing is it stolen and how do we get it back? As soon as I enter the city gates the truck is gone even if i leave the companion next to it.

1.could you be more precise in reporting that bug?
does the truck vanish when:
-entering Philton Courtyard
-entering Philton downtown by city main gate ( sort of like in Vault city in Fo2).

if it's the first answer than it's a bug, if it's the second one, than everything should be ok, the truck should stay on Courtyard map, even if entered a different map from worldmap it should always park in the courtyard

2.As for the vehicle, how long have you traveled with it since purchase?
-did you just purchased it and traveled straight to Philton, without any random encounters?
-or did you stop by in any other city and the car was there?

I'm asking since the car after purchase requires it's keys to be used on it in order to start it's engine. the car follows you from town to town only when it's engine is running.
the car keys are used once to start a vehicle, and a second use stops the engine from running, and prevents the car from following you from town to town.
You don't have to stop the engine once you've started it, as it shouldn't consume any fuel ( on the contrary to common sense), however if you stopped the car's engine in a random encounter, then the car is lost.

..Or you can upload your save game slot folder, just PM me the link and i may be able to locate your car.

@Forgotten Knight

Could you tell me, if you made Farmers Town merchants more itchy on Gordon's/ Falcon Brothers demise, Quincy doesn't talk to me and the guy from gecko pelt quest is outright hostile, after solving "Jack Robbers" quest, i don't remembet this beeing the case in 1082...
i usually waste falcon brothers/ Gordon, this time however Gordon went hostile after blowing the door to his shack.. what did i do wrong?

@Forgotten Knight

Could you tell me, if you made Farmers Town merchants more itchy on Gordon's/ Falcon Brothers demise, Quincy doesn't talk to me and the guy from gecko pelt quest is outright hostile, after solving "Jack Robbers" quest, i don't remembet this beeing the case in 1082...
i usually waste falcon brothers/ Gordon, this time however Gordon went hostile after blowing the door to his shack.. what did i do wrong?
Indeed...
Damaging Gordon's door makes him hostile now.
Quincy's working hours 8 to 19, otherwise he won't talk or if someone of the Farmers's town vips died
There's quite a few names on this list, including a few of his "buddies" working in the Miner's town.

ok there's something seriously messed up here, i can provide a savegame if nessecary. this time i haven't killed nor falcons nor gordon, and downtown merchants don't talk to me quincy doc and bob goes hostile, i had to blow up gordon's door although he became hostile even before that, i did not kill him just left him there beeing hostile. merchants did talk to me then, only after i returned from miner's town ( to progress stockmens quest) did the merchants go hostile, so probably one of the old rep loss by switching maps issue from earlier versions of the mod. i haven't killed anybody, in any town and quincy says i'm a murderer.. this is not right..

ok there's something seriously messed up here, i can provide a savegame if nessecary. this time i haven't killed nor falcons nor gordon, and downtown merchants don't talk to me quincy doc and bob goes hostile, i had to blow up gordon's door although he became hostile even before that, i did not kill him just left him there beeing hostile. merchants did talk to me then, only after i returned from miner's town ( to progress stockmens quest) did the merchants go hostile, so probably one of the old rep loss by switching maps issue from earlier versions of the mod. i haven't killed anybody, in any town and quincy says i'm a murderer.. this is not right..
I'll have to check your save, we don't want to scare the others :)

ok the thing with the missing vehicle got fixed, traveled other places then went to Philton and now it's all good.
I got the vehicle in canville, then went silting, then philton.
The issue was i enter Philton outskirts and the vehicle is there, but when i go through the gate and into the city and then back to outskirts, the truck was missing.

btw, once you get thrown back into the cell that's it, game over?

also no random town discovery on the map? because where is Duntown? how do i get there?

Last edited:
ok the thing with the missing vehicle got fixed, traveled other places then went to Philton and now it's all good.
I got the vehicle in canville, then went silting, then philton.
The issue was i enter Philton outskirts and the vehicle is there, but when i go through the gate and into the city and then back to outskirts, the truck was missing.

btw, once you get thrown back into the cell that's it, game over?

also no random town discovery on the map? because where is Duntown? how do i get there?
I'm glad you found your car, i didn't experience this yet but i'll be on the lookout.
If you get thrown into a cell, that's pretty much the worst case scenario. Although, there's enough time to plan your trip, reporting back to Prison is mandatory if your want to avoid hostile patrols across the wasteland.
There are discoverable cities on the world map
even three major locations, that's all i'm allowed to say, with plenty of things to do

@Forgotten Knight
Okey dokey.. the savegame is up in PM

EDIT: 30.09.2023
@Forgotten Knight

So i took the edited savegame for a spin, and found yet another bug.

I took Cult of Personality perk, and met slave traders. I have champion karmic triat and over 250 karma, however despite having Cult of Personality perk I'm still unable to trade with the slavemaster. he tells me to buzz off since I've got positive karma. in Fo2 Cult of Personality prevented this, and one was normally able to trade with the slavemaster, despite high positive karma, is this intentionally broken?

Last edited:
Back